HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 08, 2011, 04:35 PM
Cat Rack
MtnGoat's Avatar
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Discussion
An Establishment in Panic

I don't completely agree with Buchanon but the core is true...R's ignore the beltway pundits and the lefts smearing authors. Do what you promised to do and do not back down a single inch. They are calculating on shaming or smearing you into submission, their prime tools.

Don't give in.

The people responsible for a default are those committing this nation to a black hole of spending and whose "solution" is higher taxation and still more spending. They'll tell you we'll blame you. Nope...we elected you in the woodshed whupping of Nov 2010 for a reason, and if you flinch, we'll dump you for someone who won't. This is hardball.

Don't budge, don't flinch..the immortal words apply...'come and get them'
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Last edited by MtnGoat; Jul 09, 2011 at 03:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2011, 07:33 PM
Reduce the drama...
rick.benjamin's Avatar
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,044 Posts
Interesting read. No surprises.

"a suffocating level of deception involved in these news stories.
minorities need special help, attention, and heightened sensitivity
liberalism promotes white guilt and the peculiar desire to "help people" at any cost
society has twisted priorities about race and social responsibility
sheep-like media, craven politicians, and thoughtless academics
Some Worry Mob Attacks Are Encouraging Racial Profiling
just seem like fun and games"
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2011, 09:04 PM
Made in the USA
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
Joined May 2010
422 Posts
It is difficult for honest men with character to fight crooks and thieves in a lawless environment. Much like prison rules, the meanest and toughest win and so it is in our government today. Our president bullied his healthcare legislation into law in the most deceitful and openly criminal way filled with bribes, back room and closed door deals all the while ignoring the cry's of the American people.

When our leaders have no morals, no ethics, America is the loser.
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2011, 02:42 AM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
I predict an eleventh hour back down
ENGINETORQUE is online now Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2011, 07:52 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,854 Posts
Ob-1's management theory "Blame Bush"........for those under him, "when in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream, and shout."

I can just hear Ob-1 in his close circle or friends, "Damn that ditch is wide. We tried to fill it with money, but we just don't have enough yet."
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2011, 04:03 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
Quote:
Ob-1's management theory "Blame Bush"
And this differs from R's theory exactly how??

LJ, you seem to think corrupt, self-serving thinking is a partisan artifact. The bulk of the electorate may agree with you. That's how we got Nixon, who begat Carter, who begat Reagan/Bush, who begat Clinton, who begat Bush II, who begat Obama. Look where it's got us. It's partisan alright, between those in power and those craving it.

When you once again get the neocon structure you fancy solving all our problems--just like it did in 2001 --perhaps then you will see the error of the "other side will save us" perspective. Or not. I'd predict we'll just slam into the other wall again. And again. Like we've done for 30+ years.

With that depth of reasoning, just as well the electorate doesn't really drive the bus. Might not drive it off the SAME cliff, but off the cliff nonetheless.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2011, 05:26 PM
Lighter than what, what?
jmmccain's Avatar
Birmingham, AL
Joined Apr 2008
7 Posts
Well, so much for callling my local reprentatives. it would seem that my state is owned by some insurance company. Thankfully, neither I nor my father owe this company a basted a dime. That's putting politely. Where are my representatives, or have they all abanoned any sense of moral equity?

Try it yourself:

1-334-242-7600

http://www.legislature.state.al.us/

Yea, it's not a 1-800 number, but damn! Welcome to the land of WE DON'T CARE! I thought the folks of Alabama cared, but apparently not. That's a very sad thing to say. Southern hospitality and all that...
jmmccain is offline Find More Posts by jmmccain
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2011, 07:14 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
And this differs from R's theory exactly how??

LJ, you seem to think corrupt, self-serving thinking is a partisan artifact. The bulk of the electorate may agree with you. That's how we got Nixon, who begat Carter, who begat Reagan/Bush, who begat Clinton, who begat Bush II, who begat Obama. Look where it's got us. It's partisan alright, between those in power and those craving it.

When you once again get the neocon structure you fancy solving all our problems--just like it did in 2001 --perhaps then you will see the error of the "other side will save us" perspective. Or not. I'd predict we'll just slam into the other wall again. And again. Like we've done for 30+ years.

With that depth of reasoning, just as well the electorate doesn't really drive the bus. Might not drive it off the SAME cliff, but off the cliff nonetheless.
What the hell does any of that have to do with common sense conservative economic practices and balancing a budget. I have heard you speak of being conservative, but I sure haven't found any evidence of it in your posts.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2011, 11:20 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
LJ, I LIVE conservative economic practices. I haven't had a real job in 10 years, exactly 3.75 months into the Bush II admenstruation. Lost my house. Yet I still have a credit rating at the 95th percentile. Sorry, can't say the same about the nation, but then I don't control that.

BTW, what's your credit score? What more objective index can there be for REAL personal conservatism? I showed you mine......

That you don't understand "what the hell" speaks more to your position than it does to mine. Cheers.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Last edited by arbilab; Jul 09, 2011 at 11:40 PM. Reason: details, details
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2011, 05:29 AM
Registered User
saltyzoo's Avatar
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
LJ, I LIVE conservative economic practices. I haven't had a real job in 10 years, exactly 3.75 months into the Bush II admenstruation. Lost my house. Yet I still have a credit rating at the 95th percentile. Sorry, can't say the same about the nation, but then I don't control that.

BTW, what's your credit score? What more objective index can there be for REAL personal conservatism? I showed you mine......

That you don't understand "what the hell" speaks more to your position than it does to mine. Cheers.
Not working for 10 years is hardly a conservative economic practice.

On the other hand, gaming the system to keep a good credit score despite defaulting on a mortgage and having no income, is a prime example of a liberal economic practice.
saltyzoo is online now Find More Posts by saltyzoo
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2011, 05:08 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
Really, Salty? You have to stoop to concocting nonsense to have anything to say? How Rupert Murdoch of you.

No, I did NOT default, I sold it before I went over the edge and lived 4 years on the equity because the DP was 20% and I overpaid the principal as I went along. Also, the house was the only purchase I ever made with borrowed money. Including 13 cars and 4 motorcycles. I pay my Visa balances in full every month and always have. Were you not so hellbent on finding fault with genuine conservatism vs. your brand of blame-Conservatism, you would realize you don't default on a mortgage and keep a 95% CR.

My unemployment is not voluntary, any more than the other xx million. I worked in an industry (computer hardware) that was offshored. Poof. And I'm 65, nobody will hire me. Wait 'til it happens to you. Further, behold, I won't be badgering you over it like you do me.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2011, 05:11 PM
Registered User
saltyzoo's Avatar
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
Really, Salty? You have to stoop to concocting nonsense to have anything to say? How Rupert Murdoch of you.

No, I did NOT default, I sold it before I went over the edge and lived 4 years on the equity because the DP was 20% and I overpaid the principal as I went along. Also, the house was the only purchase I ever made with borrowed money. Including 13 cars and 4 motorcycles. I pay my Visa balances in full every month and always have. Were you not so hellbent on finding fault with genuine conservatism vs. your brand of blame-Conservatism, you would realize you don't default on a mortgage and keep a 95% CR.

My unemployment is not voluntary, any more than the other xx million. I worked in an industry (computer hardware) that was offshored. Poof. And I'm 65, nobody will hire me. Wait 'til it happens to you. Further, behold, I won't be badgering you over it like you do me.
Don't blame me for your misrepresentation of fact that you "lost" your house. If this last post is true, then you did not lose your house. Pick a lie. Or a truth. Whatever. But you can't say both and be honest.
saltyzoo is online now Find More Posts by saltyzoo
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2011, 05:36 PM
Registered User
saltyzoo's Avatar
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
Further, behold, I won't be badgering you over it like you do me.
I'd never badger someone for hard times. I badger you for misrepresenting yourself as a conservative.
saltyzoo is online now Find More Posts by saltyzoo
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2011, 05:41 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
Were you ever forced out of your home? It's a loss, even if you're fortunate enough to come out of it with the money you had in it.

Care to explain to all of us why you find me such a threat to your way of "thinking" that you make up utter falsehoods about me then call me a liar when I say "lost my home" just because I got a check when I did?

Well you just keep entertaining yourself with what you posted in frame 13. Because what you "think" couldn't be more irrelevant.

Oh, and what's YOUR credit rating, mister "I'm conservative and you're not"?
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2011, 05:51 PM
Registered User
saltyzoo's Avatar
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
Were you ever forced out of your home? It's a loss, even if you're fortunate enough to come out of it with the money you had in it.

Care to explain to all of us why you find me such a threat to your way of "thinking" that you make up utter falsehoods about me then call me a liar when I say "lost my home" just because I got a check when I did?

Well you just keep entertaining yourself with what you posted in frame 13. Because what you "think" couldn't be more irrelevant.

Oh, and what's YOUR credit rating, mister "I'm conservative and you're not"?
Calling profit made from a sale a loss could only make sense to a liberal.

My credit rating is 1 billion. See how useful a claim like that is? Lol Thanks for the entertainment.
saltyzoo is online now Find More Posts by saltyzoo
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Mounting an OS 46AX in an Avistar fotoflojoe Beginner Training Area (Fuel) 6 May 31, 2011 03:26 PM
Discussion I need help. How to install an ESC in an EDF? manuel v Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 5 Apr 20, 2011 05:18 PM
Discussion The establishment of the Thought Police... Arbo Life, The Universe, and Politics 4 Jan 07, 2011 10:57 AM
Discussion Cardboard boat hulls to order by Green Sea Shipbuilding Establishment greenseaships Scale Boats 30 Jul 06, 2006 01:49 AM