HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2011, 07:02 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Malad, After hearing you giving this vendor high marks, I decided to go for it rather than wait until I needed a part. Everything was included as seen including a long pin that looks like it might fit through the flybar (solid plastic ends; no access to weights). I am bothered about the inner shaft though. Not straight at all In fact, I could take a picture of it and you would be able to see the bend with the naked eye. This came packaged in a flexible type blister envelope (no cardboard stiffening).

Did your yours come packaged like that? Can these inner shafts be straightened? I have straightened Xtreme outer shafts for my V4 but, never an inner shaft...too hard!

Dang! All the shafts I ever bought always, always, came protected from possible bending through the shipping process. I hope this guy makes good if I can't straighten this inner shaft.

Mike.
Mine came in a blister pak too, but the shaft was fine. But based on my numerous emails with him, I get the feeling he's good to cover any issues you have with your order.

PM me if you want his email address instead of going through ePay messaging.

Mike, I have a dilemma: Florida Jets is on Saturday in Lakeland, I really wanna see those incredible RCs but the BoSox are playing the Mets in Port St. Lucie -- a 25 minute drive down I-95.
What to do...what to do?
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2011, 05:56 AM
Isle Of Wight-UK
Joined Jan 2011
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtleT View Post
Usually this happens to one or the other (inner or outer) shaft and you get "spins on the floor, doesn't lift."

The rotors are doing enough work pushing air that a loose one will only get looser. I can't see it being loose and then grabbing hold again.

I'm no expert though and I haven't seen every failure mode yet by any means.

However...

This sounds exactly like something I saw with a similar helicopter. It turned out that it was slanting rays from the late afternoon sun coming in between blinds. When the helicopter "went through" a shaft of light it swamped the IR phototransistor, which made it drop until it exited the beam of bright light.

Do you have some intense light source in the room? Nothing goofy like an infrared remote control repeater in the room? Radiant heat space heater? Some people also report back-lit LCD displays (TVs) do this to them.
What it is actually doing is.. Hold in perfect hover slight louder noise lose height until I use more throttle and then get it to hover again a few seconds later it repeats. No sun rays or interference definatley mechanical.
KevIW is offline Find More Posts by KevIW
Old Mar 04, 2011, 06:03 AM
Ooops!!!
Farnborough, UK
Joined Jan 2011
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrydec View Post
I've tried searching everywhere I could think of with no luck. Anybody got a link?
Thanks,
Terry
This may be of some help......

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6257
smokey325 is offline Find More Posts by smokey325
Old Mar 04, 2011, 08:01 AM
United States, LA, Baton Rouge
Joined Feb 2011
118 Posts
Update on my battery problems-I have logged 4 flights, two 5 minute flights and two 6 minute flights, no problems.
andouille is offline Find More Posts by andouille
Old Mar 04, 2011, 08:07 AM
Joined Feb 2011
118 Posts
Middle of next week I should have my hands on a new Solo Pro. More than a little anxious over the single rotor deal, but I hear this is a reasonable step up from "coaxes".
Old Mar 04, 2011, 08:31 AM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andouille View Post
Middle of next week I should have my hands on a new Solo Pro. More than a little anxious over the single rotor deal, but I hear this is a reasonable step up from "coaxes".
Definitely a great step up from a coaxial. It will be faster, more responsive, and require more input from you to control, rather than controlling itself which gets boring fast.
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old Mar 04, 2011, 08:40 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
Mine came in a blister pak too, but the shaft was fine. But based on my numerous emails with him, I get the feeling he's good to cover any issues you have with your order.

PM me if you want his email address instead of going through ePay messaging.

Mike, I have a dilemma: Florida Jets is on Saturday in Lakeland, I really wanna see those incredible RCs but the BoSox are playing the Mets in Port St. Lucie -- a 25 minute drive down I-95.
What to do...what to do?
That's kind of a silly way to ship such a fine skinny shaft without some kind of protection against bending. OH well, I emailed Don, so I will wait. It's not like I need this part..layo...layo.

HMMM...you do have a dilemma. Considering your location, exactly how often do the SOX play there in Port St. Lucia? Keep in mind, it's only spring training BUT, you will see the SOX. And how often does the RC show come to your neighborhood? I'm afraid you'll have to flip a coin my friend Bring a portable radio to the RC show and listen to the game
I stay at home to watch the games...I really have no choice

PS: If it were the Red Sox VS. Yankee's...heck, that's a no brainer

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Mar 04, 2011, 09:08 AM
Scotland
Joined Oct 2010
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
I see they have a limit of 7, what held you back? Have you looked to see what rev the PCB is? Did you try them with a single TX? Curious you know.
The shipping worked out the cheapest buying six for some reason, they are all R5 boards with flat plastic between the skids unlike the R3's which are uneven...and yes they all worked from my original R5 TX.

When I first flew one of these new ones my older S107 sounds like a bag of bolts but hey they are cheap heli's it's expected they will wear out fast.
Klippie is offline Find More Posts by Klippie
Old Mar 04, 2011, 11:04 AM
Joined Feb 2011
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klippie View Post
The shipping worked out the cheapest buying six for some reason, they are all R5 boards with flat plastic between the skids unlike the R3's which are uneven...and yes they all worked from my original R5 TX.

When I first flew one of these new ones my older S107 sounds like a bag of bolts but hey they are cheap heli's it's expected they will wear out fast.
I would also expect them to not last all that long, but it seems at 60 flights on my first one, they are exceeding my expectations, which brings up my question? What is the most flights anyone has yet to record for this amazing little toy? This may have been answered before, but it could be a higher number "at this point in time" (remember the Water Gate Hearings?" :^)
Last edited by andouille; Mar 04, 2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old Mar 04, 2011, 11:24 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klippie View Post
I've test flown every one with its TX and they have similar speed and rock steady in hover...I'am very pleased with my six S107's now I have good stock of my favourite heli...
i suppose you added a piccoz prop to all of them right

Quote:
Originally Posted by andouille View Post
I would also expect them to not last all that long, but it seems at 60 flights on my first one, they are exceeding my expections, which brings up my question? What is the most flights anyone has yet to record for this amazing little toy? This may have been answered before, but it could be a higher number "at this point in time" (remember the Water Gate Hearings?" :^)
i am at around 220 flights on my very first s107 with all original parts including the lipo, i do have a piccoz prop on it for over half its flights, it still flies good with a slight decrease of lift power from when it was new and i can get about 4-5 min of flight, plan to run it until it dies as i am curious how long it will last.
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Mar 04, 2011, 12:19 PM
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
Ls-109

I got my LS-109 today. It took longer than I had hoped, and less time that I figured it would. I paid on 2/15 and it arrived today so that's not too bad.
Obviously there are some differences between it and the 107. Some of these are good, some not so good. The MAIN thing I like is the flexible blades. Why can't they make the 107 with these. The main complaint with the 107 is broken blades.
It does appear to be a cheaper version of the 107.
It doesn't have the spring loaded height control. Once you get used to it, though, I like it better. However, it DOES take some getting used to.
Some people complain that the 109 is slower. I like that. It gives me more control.
I didn't time it, but it also seemed to fly longer.
It came with extra blades and the battery was charged so it flew right out of the box.
Come to think of it, there are a lot of things I like better.

HOWEVER, what is it about the charging? My 107 had a defective charging port. This one charges correctly from the controller, but has a problem with the USB.
When you plug it in, the light stays on. I tried the USB cord from the 107 and it acted like it should. I'm afraid to use it though, in case the voltage regulator on the board gets fried after a while. It seems to me that the voltage pins on a USB are standard, and so are the pins on the body, so they should be interchangeable.
Has anyone else had experience with this? Obviously I'd like to charge it from the USB because charging it from the controller is going to drain the AA's
So, does anyone have any input on the USB thing?

The one GREAT thing that is just like the 107- it drives my dog CRAZY!!
Terry
terrydec is offline Find More Posts by terrydec
Old Mar 04, 2011, 12:32 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
sounds to me terry that you may have an issue with your usb port you are using or the usb charger with that new bird operates in the opposite way than s107's lit when charging off when done (most other than syma chargers operate that way), hard to believe that you would have a charging issue on two different birds.
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Mar 04, 2011, 12:54 PM
Scotland
Joined Oct 2010
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
i suppose you added a piccoz prop to all of them right
Not yet...but that will happen......I've got plenty to choose from...
Klippie is offline Find More Posts by Klippie
Old Mar 04, 2011, 12:56 PM
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
Okay-
The 107 had a defective charging port. One of the pins was pushed back and wouldn't make contact. It was a physical problem. When I pushed the pin back in position it charged up fine. However, it apparently made a tiny crack in the board and eventually failed. I tried a new board, but it didn't work. Who knows why.
Oh, and the USB port works perfect. It's a 2.0 and charged the old bird in 20 minutes. It also works on everything else.
The instructions in the 109 manual are the same as the 107, i.e. Light should be off while charging, on when charging is complete. I just charged it from the controller and it charged in about 30 minutes and is working great. The lights on the controller worked correctly too, RED while charging, GREEN when charged. I just don't want to go broke buyinh AA's.
Terry
terrydec is offline Find More Posts by terrydec
Old Mar 04, 2011, 01:16 PM
White & Nerdy
Joined Jan 2011
23 Posts
S107 Part Replacement

I am wondering how to replace the plastic part on top of the inner shaft without replacing the entire shaft. I broke this piece and removed it from my broken heli and my spare parts heli, but now it won't stay on. How do I put it back on?
I have considered super glue, but is this a good idea?
Help!
UbuntuHeli is offline Find More Posts by UbuntuHeli