SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Dec 08, 2005, 10:12 PM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Jul 2003
46 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
That is crap, you have ask a price and I have offered you what you want with out in strings attached. come on dude. whats up with this.
tmflight is offline Find More Posts by tmflight
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2005, 10:15 PM
Provo, Utah, United States
Joined May 2002
750 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
I've seen too many deals where the first guy to zip out a PayPal bumped out a handful of people that were genuinly interested but were trying to be prudent about the purchase. Won't make much difference for me if it sells it in 5 hours or 3 days.

*edit* Please keep the personal stuff to yourself or PM. I've got four buyers in line. Pretend you're in an antique shop and some other dude picks up a vase and says "hmm, I might be interested in this - could you tell me about it's history" how would you expect the shopkeeper to respond if you said "I'll pay your asking price for it right now!" Should he snatch it out of the other guy's hand? If he didn't would you yell "this is crap!" to him?

The "strings" don't bother me. I want to make sure that the buyer and I are in complete agreement about the purchase and we both understand exactly what the transaction involves. Even without the strings, I've got a firm offer prior to yours. They've asked to see photos, but they did not make that a condition of the purchase.

Matt
utahrc is offline Find More Posts by utahrc
Old Dec 08, 2005, 10:29 PM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Jul 2003
46 Posts
Ok friend!! I have five coronas, and I want to make yours the sixth, I buy them and take parts off to build new ones, my intentions is to sell them to people, like me when I got started. So keep what you have if you want, I have commited myself to pay your asking price, if you want to pick and choose, go to EBAY, then if you do not like the way they bid, who the are, and how they seem to be, when in all actuality you do not have a clue to any of these respects, you can cancel your bid, and relist it. This is not ebay, and you are a seller (I thought) I am a buyer (I know). do what you want. My offer stands.
Old Dec 08, 2005, 10:41 PM
Joined May 2002
750 Posts
Not sure what you're going on about now. I'm not picking and choosing. I'm going in the order of the people that have expressed interest. It's perfectly reasonable for the prospective buyers to expect to see photos before purchasing and it's not their fault that I haven't gotten around to it. Why should buyer 1 lose the deal to buyer 5 because *I* took too long to provide the photos I promised? I'm just trying to be fair.

My mistake here was not putting photos in the original ad. Obviously, that would have prevented this misunderstanding. For that, I apologize.

I'm trying to find the *$&# memory card for my camera. Sorry about the delay. I will get them up tonight, promise!
Old Dec 08, 2005, 10:52 PM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Jul 2003
46 Posts
This is the way I have been doing business on here for quite so time now, you post. (monatary issues expressed) I send you a message saying I will pay, being the first to say, I WILL PAY, deal done!!!.... sorry you feel different about the rules. I did not ask for a photo, I said I will pay! Look, there will be many deals after yours, where do you think that I got the other 5 coronas. My wife is going nuts about my buying spree. I have not sold any, and more than likely won't for quite so time. I am just looking for a good winter projects. i said "I wil Pay"
Old Dec 08, 2005, 11:00 PM
Joined May 2002
750 Posts
You're the second to say "I will pay" and I already told you that.
Old Dec 08, 2005, 11:05 PM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Jul 2003
46 Posts
Answer to your so called queston, Because, buyer 5 did not need photos, and commited to the asking price. Duh
Also in your add if you would read it..... does not say that ..... Look, don't say you will give me my asking price yet, I WILL POST PHOTOS LATER, THEN YOU CAN TELL ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE IT. I MISSED THAT PART. COME ON DUDE.
Old Dec 08, 2005, 11:25 PM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Jul 2003
46 Posts
One last note, I am not buyer # 5, I am the one that sent you the "low ball bid" so my interest procceded the rest, which made me # 1, as far as interest goes, You would have thought that I would have been given a second chance, since no one elese has commited, I did not ask you to pull the antique out of there hands, in my view, they never picked it up. the rest have not commited as I have.
Old Dec 08, 2005, 11:27 PM
Draper, UT
Joined Apr 2005
22 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I am not involved in this transaction, but am an interested bystander (watcher). FWIW, I think UtahRC is proceeding with this transaction in a manner I would prefer to see. Not saying it should or shouldn't be any particular way, just saying I prefer patient sellers like this.
Mithra is offline Find More Posts by Mithra
Old Dec 09, 2005, 12:24 AM
Michigan
Joined Nov 2004
12 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
I agree totally!
dubbs123 is offline Find More Posts by dubbs123
Old Dec 09, 2005, 12:43 AM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Jul 2003
46 Posts
That means that the rules are out the door, that is fine by me, you can't say a thing then when you have a post on something you want, and get shut down because of this. If a person post an item, and another say's I will take it, it should be sold. This is not an auction block. that is what ebay is for. the one that say's I do, is the buyer. It is just like when you got married, you said I do, and it was done, the way that you are thinking means that when you said I do, it was conditional. Please tell your other that. Regardles of your ethics. i will report this to the moderator, and I hate to see this forum have to change standards because some people do not understand the meaning of FREE advertisment. Are you sure you agree.
Old Dec 09, 2005, 12:49 AM
Daly City, CA
Joined Nov 2004
230 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
The seller has total control of how he wants to run his sale. If his rules are to go down the list of who showed interest first in buying then that's how it's going to be. And if you haven't read yet, you're the second one to offer to buy it not the first.
is300zx is offline Find More Posts by is300zx
Old Dec 09, 2005, 01:06 AM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Jul 2003
46 Posts
And I know you have not read it, but I pm him to make the offer, it is a shame that you would add your thoughts when you don't really have the facts.
Old Dec 09, 2005, 01:15 AM
Daly City, CA
Joined Nov 2004
230 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
And I know YOU have not read it but I EMAILED him my offer so you should get your facts straight as well.
is300zx is offline Find More Posts by is300zx
Old Dec 09, 2005, 01:28 AM
Joined May 2002
750 Posts
I presume is300zx won't mind me posting this: Here's his message from 1 1/2 hours prior to the offer by tmflight.

I would like to buy the corona from you. Can I get some pics first though before I send the money? I need some kind of verification since you don't have any trader ratings. Thanks.

The same request was made by a couple others and I thought it was perfectly reasonable. Having agreed to provide photos to these individuals, I was bound to do so prior to accepting an offer.

*edit*
Forgot this bit - About 5 minute before tmflight's offer:

I have paypal and I'll take everything at the $200 price.

This was an offer on the table, prior to posting the photos.
Last edited by utahrc; Dec 09, 2005 at 02:17 AM.
Closed Thread