SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:45 PM
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
I have a 9C and the manual is great, not only to learn how to use the radio itself but also as a RC guide.

But you pay for that as well.
I found the 9C manual rather lacking. When you want to do things like move a channel off the throttle stick it is rather lacking. LOL But I think I have pushed the 9C Super further than most users. I'm READY to upgrade to FrSky!

-Wayne
Rotozuk is online now Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:48 PM
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
OK heres a question.
After FrSky launch their radio, what frequency coding with it use? DSSS, FHSS, FHDSSS?

then will they still support the FASST systems they've supported?

Because the way I see it, they've made a great name for themselves in the module niche, giving new life to older module radio's in the 2.4 band in a reliabile cost effective way.

To go for a new radio, on their own means they need to challenge on features as well as price
It will continue to use the same coding that it currently does. It will be backwards compatible with all existing FrSky receivers.

They will continue to support the FASST and other systems. They will continue making modules too. There are a lot of folks that want to keep their existing radios, or simply try out FrSky before plunking down the bigger dollars on a full radio. The modules are a great way to do that.

-Wayne
Rotozuk is online now Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:55 PM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
4,680 Posts
I've never looked at a futaba guide so can't comment, I'm probably missing out and doing all sorts of things wrong! The spektrum guide for the dx6i is not much use for planes anyway but cant comment on helicopters as I don't fly them apart from an esky lama v3 lol which needs no mixing at all and flies on a cheap 4 channel tx!
I can imagine that getting a heli set up properly can be quite difficult with all the swash plate mixing and throttle curves and collect pitch, I can see the interest in setting one up but I just never really liked them enough to buy one, it seems too much effort and noise for them to fly and far too many moving bits and pieces to go wrong lol. I fly them on the sim and can do some 3d but that's as far as I ever got. Much respect to those who fly them especially 3d for real though, they must have reflexes of a ninja.
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:31 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
I found the 9C manual rather lacking. When you want to do things like move a channel off the throttle stick it is rather lacking. LOL But I think I have pushed the 9C Super further than most users. I'm READY to upgrade to FrSky!

-Wayne
It's not an Encyclopedia that's for sure and it's impossible for them to cover all possibilities. But check the exiting instructions for the 9X.
What I wanted to say is that to make things cheaper something must be removed.
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:32 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,551 Posts
I think thread is about the 12D, so let's not side track it too much.

If you need help on the 9C there are LOTS of theads. I would suggest you search in the topic area that is most appropriate to you.

If I wanted help with my 9C Super(s) I would search in the glider section as I would usually be setting up a glider. Better chance of getting people who understand my application and the mixes I would be using. This is just as important as knowing the radio.

But if you want to move the throttle off the stick, just plug it into another channel. Put it in 8 and assign it to a switch. Easy enough.
aeajr is online now Find More Posts by aeajr
Last edited by aeajr; Oct 23, 2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:15 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,572 Posts
this is where hopefully frsky will pickup information about what people like.. So, we're just comparing systems and not speaking about any radio in particular. Not trying to learn how to program the 9C or any other.. just talking about features and differences..
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:27 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
There really isn't that much about the 12D to be talked about since no one (who is willing to talk about it) has seen or played with one.

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:10 PM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,403 Posts
Is there is a picture of what this radio is going to look like floating about?
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:10 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,119 Posts
not yet,
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:16 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,691 Posts
That is why topics start floating to other areas.
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:49 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,403 Posts
so its airware
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:03 PM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
4,680 Posts
airware, yes, it just got even better, the tx can fly itself as well as your planes!(floating about, haha, oh never mind lol).
Oh dear this is getting old lol, as am I waiting for some more info on this tx!
Been playing with my blaster dlg on my dx6i for hours on end with a cheap copy ar6100e expecting it to lock out or something any second thinking I wish I had the new frsky tx in my hands instead!
So far so good but it's only a matter of time and the more I fly the more the odds are stacked against me.
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:35 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,403 Posts
I'm seeing this thread as a 40pagelong wish list.
till I see the radio in my hands and touch and feel it and turn it on, I can;t get too excited.
I have no Doubt FrSky will delvier a quality product at a great price, I just hope the case is not as fragile as the case on the FASST Receivers...
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:50 AM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
37 pagers and no radio yet....
that's by default but I only have 6 pages
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:31 PM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
Joined Apr 2006
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Long road to equal XPS... almost two years, 266 pages and thread closed with no radio.
Then, new thread opened, 6 months, 52 pages and still no radio
What is your point??? It will be when it is here. Adapt til then.
tholmes345 is offline Find More Posts by tholmes345
Closed Thread