HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2012, 07:34 AM
ParkScaleModels
United States, PA, Loganville
Joined Feb 2002
4,238 Posts
Discussion
Anyone looking to carpool to E-Fest?

I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where people might be able to find a fellow RCG'er to carpool to E-Fest with.

I would like to go if I could find one or possibly two people to drive with me and split the costs. I'm located in south central Pennsylvania (close to the MD/PA line) and it looks like it's about a 12hr drive.

If I can find one person, I have plenty of space in my explorer for bringing planes along and we could split a hotel room. If there are two people that would want to go, I could bring my travel trailer. Lots of room in there for planes and there's a full service RV park about 7 miles away from E-Fest.

With the drive time, I'd like to leave early Friday morning (Feb 10) and get on the road home early Monday morning (Feb 13).
zbrubaker is online now Find More Posts by zbrubaker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Shop remodeling continues...
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:41 PM
Wandering IT geek
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Aug 2005
3,965 Posts
gave the trip lots of thought and decided I can't afford it this year even if I car pool up with someone. hoping those that go have blast!
ronin4740 is offline Find More Posts by ronin4740
Last edited by ronin4740; Feb 03, 2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 02:22 PM
Super Cub fan
United States, IL, De Land
Joined Jul 2003
673 Posts
Zeke, I'm in North Jersey. I've done the drive from here to Champaign and back about five times in the last year. All my stuff is ParkZone, Flyzone and a really nice laser cut Cessna 182 someone kits. I don't need a hotel room since my fiance lives in Champaign. This sounds interesting. When would you be leaving? Just need to see if work will let me have it off.
RAFguy is offline Find More Posts by RAFguy
Old Jan 19, 2012, 09:55 AM
ParkScaleModels
United States, PA, Loganville
Joined Feb 2002
4,238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFguy View Post
Zeke, I'm in North Jersey. I've done the drive from here to Champaign and back about five times in the last year. All my stuff is ParkZone, Flyzone and a really nice laser cut Cessna 182 someone kits. I don't need a hotel room since my fiance lives in Champaign. This sounds interesting. When would you be leaving? Just need to see if work will let me have it off.
I sent you an email...
zbrubaker is online now Find More Posts by zbrubaker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Shop remodeling continues...
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:22 AM
Always Ready!
Chicago, IL
Joined Dec 2006
5,181 Posts
I'm contemplating going if anyone else is driving down from Chicago. I don't have many small indoor planes but I might throw a couple together just for the event.
warhead_71 is offline Find More Posts by warhead_71
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:45 PM
Fly it like you stole it!!!
United States, IL, Crest Hill
Joined Mar 2011
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead_71 View Post
I'm contemplating going if anyone else is driving down from Chicago. I don't have many small indoor planes but I might throw a couple together just for the event.
Warhead - I live in Joliet, but can give you a lift if need be...
Smaug067 is offline Find More Posts by Smaug067
Old Jan 27, 2012, 03:08 PM
Always Ready!
Chicago, IL
Joined Dec 2006
5,181 Posts
I don't think I'm going after all. I only have one plane that's even small enough to fly indoors and I'm not a member of AMA... so it seems like a lot of expense for the effort.
warhead_71 is offline Find More Posts by warhead_71
Old Jan 27, 2012, 05:54 PM
Checkertail Clan
USA, IN, Anderson
Joined Jul 2009
586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead_71 View Post
I don't think I'm going after all. I only have one plane that's even small enough to fly indoors and I'm not a member of AMA... so it seems like a lot of expense for the effort.
If I'm not mistaken there will probably be reps from AMA there that could get you joined up and I know there are several vendors that would love to fix you up with something to fly. Even if you didn't fly it's a great place to hang out for the weekend.
325FGP is offline Find More Posts by 325FGP
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:04 PM
Joined Jan 2012
76 Posts
thinkin of comin from green bay area..anybody in my area going?
mercurypro is offline Find More Posts by mercurypro