HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2011, 03:16 PM
Car Junkie trying to fly
United States, FL, Deltona
Joined Oct 2005
1,175 Posts
I used to have a Losi Comp and a couple creepers for the kids a while back. But this looks like a fun truck for the cash.

Anyone have a photo next to a standard 1/10 crawler for a size comparison? I actually would prefer a 1/10th size.
Y2kGTP is offline Find More Posts by Y2kGTP
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2012, 01:59 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,813 Posts
Why does it say 1/8th on their website for the Mad Torque?
Is this 1/10th or 1/8th?

Exceed Mad Torque Rock Crawler Review (3 min 37 sec)

Exceed RC Mad Torque 1/8 Scale Rock Crawler Unboxing (4 min 53 sec)
rclab1 is online now Find More Posts by rclab1
Old Jun 17, 2012, 11:51 PM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
Why does it say 1/8th on their website for the Mad Torque?
Is this 1/10th or 1/8th?
The Mad Torque is 1/8 scale.
Bugman Jeff is offline Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:30 AM
USA
Joined May 2010
4,813 Posts

corrected.
I just found out that the Mad Torque has 17mm Hex's.

I want to fit these tires on? will it fit? too big? CoG issues?
Last edited by rclab1; Nov 24, 2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 08:29 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
ok so as with the pics shown most kits will be different sizes upon maker and there depiction of the scale but with the exceed it just too much of a difference im going to try and round up an axial 1/10 scale ax10 in order to compare size for all who want to know .
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak
Old Jul 12, 2012, 09:22 PM
USA
Joined May 2010
4,813 Posts
rcphreak,

thanks for the Pictures up above.... the Mad Torque (orange and black) looks tiny compared
to the Team Losi Muggy????

That Mad Torque needs bigger Tires.....(like the picture I posted up above)

p.s.
I found out that, for those Tires (Roc Lok 4.0) to fit the Mad Torque Crawler, the
wheels on the Mad Torque has to have an offset of 0.9".....

Will it fit? rub?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:03 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
shouldnt rub . i like the grip of the stokers on the mad torq does yours not grip ??

well... compaired to the max stone tires thouse suck for crawling
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:38 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcphreak View Post
ok so as with the pics shown most kits will be different sizes upon maker and there depiction of the scale but with the exceed it just too much of a difference im going to try and round up an axial 1/10 scale ax10 in order to compare size for all who want to know .
rcphreak

I am currently considering the max stone series most likely the 1/10, but after I saw your post and since you got both the max stone and max torq, I will appreciate your input. Price wise the max stone 1/16 is $119, the 1/10 $124 and the 1/8 $159 from Amazon + $20 shipping. As far as terrain it will be AZ desert and rocky hill crawling. I should mention a lot of wild cacti too. Thanks
Thetis is online now Find More Posts by Thetis
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:03 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
i like the mad torq out of all of the exceed crawlers it has a lower cog and better tires in stock form and will absolutely go anywhere the max stone 8 will and then some . as for the 10th scale and lower thouse are a completly differend truck as thouse have only one motor and are shaft driven and will need to be set up to reduce torq twist . if looking for the scale look the 10scale is for you if looking for all out crawling then the mad torq is what your looking for . hope this helps .
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:51 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,074 Posts
Quote:
i like the mad torq out of all of the exceed crawlers it has a lower cog and better tires in stock form and will absolutely go anywhere the max stone 8 will and then some . as for the 10th scale and lower thouse are a completly differend truck as thouse have only one motor and are shaft driven and will need to be set up to reduce torq twist . if looking for the scale look the 10scale is for you if looking for all out crawling then the mad torq is what your looking for . hope this helps .
Thank you, appreciated I see the mad torque to join my helis and planes collection soon.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:05 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,074 Posts
Well, after online searching I think my $$$ will go for the Redcat RS10 XT. A lot of people in the rcgroups have problems with the Mad torque vendor and its parts vendor too. On the other hand, if you add to the price the shipping cost it is very close to RS10 with free shipping from few online shops.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 07:12 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
i use nitrorcx for my exceed cars and trucks and also two chargers and after six items all were deliverd on time and packaged with out dammage so ive had zero problems with them .
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:44 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,074 Posts
Quote:
i use nitrorcx for my exceed cars and trucks and also two chargers and after six items all were deliverd on time and packaged with out dammage so ive had zero problems with them .
I will decide on Black Friday so I have plenty of time to educate myself.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:33 AM
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
the redcat is a decent rig for playing around, but would take a ton of work to make it into a competitive MOA crawler.

check out zno-rc for redcat rs10 hop up parts. they carry about the best stuff for them. i could give you a list of things that need/should be done to the redcat, and a list of why they won't ever be competitive.

the redcat is far more capable than the exceed tho.
hoghead5150 is offline Find More Posts by hoghead5150
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:20 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post
the redcat is a decent rig for playing around, but would take a ton of work to make it into a competitive MOA crawler.

check out zno-rc for redcat rs10 hop up parts. they carry about the best stuff for them. i could give you a list of things that need/should be done to the redcat, and a list of why they won't ever be competitive.

the redcat is far more capable than the exceed tho.
how so ??? ^^^^^ id like to see video proof of your red cat and a mad torq ..ive owned most every crawler from these cheap ones to 1500.00 doller rc4wd rigs and the mad torq is as close as your going to get for the cash . any one can throw cash at anything and make it better but in stock form they are verry good .