SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 03, 2012, 08:04 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Any one know of a link to set up the aileron servo's on a Dx6i, mixing the aileron and aux 1 channel ...I've never mixed channels before
planesilver is offline Find More Posts by planesilver
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2012, 08:43 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planesilver View Post
Any one know of a link to set up the aileron servo's on a Dx6i, mixing the aileron and aux 1 channel ...I've never mixed channels before
For aileron setup, you need two Y adapters. Set the wing type in your radio to Elevon. Connect the lower wing to Aileron with a Y and the upper wing to AUX with an extension and a Y. You can now independently trim the upper and lower wing.
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:01 AM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Thank you again James, I found a thread and was going to post it
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:22 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
She's all finished and waiting for a maiden this next week I hope !! High winds Mon. ,Tues. and maybe Weds. How many times do we hear that when we finish a plane ...
I like to do maiden flights with as little wind as possible,and in the morning .. so I'll wait it out... and admire it ,Look's great, not any build mistakes ( well,not that I couldn't handle with debonder)
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:23 AM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
This post is in memory of all those who lost thier lives this day 11 years ago...
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:55 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Well,I wasn't going to post these video's ,but after giving it some thought and looking at them a few times ,I think I may nave learned a few things about building and flying so , Help me out here guy's ...after adding all that wieght(which it doesn't need) and coming home then reviewing the video,then I realized the distance between the stab and the wing wasn't correct, so I set it to 11" 11/16th, I removed the wieght and balanced the plane again ..So far so good..so now we get to the second video,the re-maiden...Not so good, during the end of the build I had to take apart the tail feathers and square them to the wing ,did that ok ,but did not level the stab to the fuze (about 1 degree high on the rear of the stab to the fuze) My mistake for sure ,when I throddle up it wants to loop,I cut power and it tip stalled to low to recover.... Now ,to get started on the re-build
Maiden flight of the SSX Biplane (10 min 49 sec)
The Crash (1 min 15 sec)
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:15 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Well ,I'm on the rebuild now and I'm aware of square and level in every way possible and then some.. the second time around is alway's qiucker,truer,prettier and more fun...
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:16 PM
Eject! Eject! Eject!
Dayton, OH
Joined Sep 2004
1,002 Posts
Snoopy One-One

almost done with my bipe, need to finish the tail detail.

Power System BP A2814-8, CC-Phx-35, FMA 3S2P-4200, 11x5 prop

covered in Koverall.

Pilot: "Snoopy"

AD
AeroDude is offline Find More Posts by AeroDude
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:52 PM
Eject! Eject! Eject!
Dayton, OH
Joined Sep 2004
1,002 Posts
Snoopy One-One

some updated pics of Snoopy One-One

tail painted

ordered a MrRCSound Mini version for it.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:53 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroDude View Post
some updated pics of Snoopy One-One

tail painted

ordered a MrRCSound Mini version for it.
Suweeet!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:26 AM
Eject! Eject! Eject!
Dayton, OH
Joined Sep 2004
1,002 Posts
Snoopy One-One maiden flight this AM. Flew great! Love this plane!

takeoff & landing very smooth. no tricks yet, kept it simple until I get all the trims set, the cg felt a little forward

AD
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:41 PM
Eject! Eject! Eject!
Dayton, OH
Joined Sep 2004
1,002 Posts
Re-trimmed, adjusted the cg and flew again this afternoon, light winds sunny sky, great flying weather. much nicer this time, did some loops and stalls, easy takeoff & landing.

AD
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:52 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroDude View Post
Re-trimmed, adjusted the cg and flew again this afternoon, light winds sunny sky, great flying weather. much nicer this time, did some loops and stalls, easy takeoff & landing.

AD
Congratulations!
I noticed you added some cross struts on the wing. Could I see some close up shots of any modifications or improvements you made?

James
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:47 PM
Eject! Eject! Eject!
Dayton, OH
Joined Sep 2004
1,002 Posts
James,

the cross struts are simple, just fishing leader from WalMart.

just cut the connectors off the leaders leaving the loops.

if you find them long enough you will only need one for each side.

I slip the loop over the screw and under the waser and tighten down the screw, run the other end of the leader to the oppisite wing/strut and wrap around and under the screw and washer a couple times hold tight while you tighten the screw, trim the wire.

you can make a more permanent loop by crimping a collar over the wires while holding tight.

I don't plan removing the wings to transport.

AD
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:17 PM
Eject! Eject! Eject!
Dayton, OH
Joined Sep 2004
1,002 Posts
James,

my latest add was a Mini-Sound system from MrRCSound.com. This is an awesome upgrade to the bipe.

I have only had one issue, I have about 5 flights or so on "Snoopy One-One", after my final flight today I noticed the gear seemed to be loose, as it turns out there was a break in the CF fuse just forward of the gear, also the fuse was split along the top aft of the gear. I replaced the fuse with an aluminum one that I had. all my landings have been smooth and on grass. It may be that my setup is too heavy for the CF fuse. You may want to offer an aluminum fuse for heavier setups, i.e. cam's, larger lipo's, etc.

I use a 3S2P-4200, 13oz, I need the weight up front to balance mine. The only other addition is the sound system which is about 7 oz.

I also have slow stick with a fully glassed wing, same motor, lipo, it also has the CF fuse, I have too many flights on it to keep count, no fuse issues.

AD