New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2015, 05:59 PM
Find More Posts by necbot
Joined Aug 2015
16 Posts
Discussion
Ruckus 1/18 grinding noise

I have run my ECX ruckus 1/18 about 10 times now. Today when I was running it through some medium height grass it slowed down significantly and started making a grinding noise. When it got back on pavement/dirt the grinding went away. Any ideas what might be causing this? I'm a bit of an rc car noob
necbot is offline Find More Posts by necbot
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2015, 07:33 PM
Find More Posts by reddiesel
United Kingdom, England, Luton
Joined Aug 2014
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by necbot View Post
I have run my ECX ruckus 1/18 about 10 times now. Today when I was running it through some medium height grass it slowed down significantly and started making a grinding noise. When it got back on pavement/dirt the grinding went away. Any ideas what might be causing this? I'm a bit of an rc car noob
Have you checked the spur and pinion ?
reddiesel is offline Find More Posts by reddiesel
Old Aug 26, 2015, 07:41 PM
Find More Posts by hunterhoward23
Joined Oct 2014
264 Posts
Running a 1/18 a lot in grass will strain the motor and make it over heat. If you run it in grass a lot it will cause the motor not to last long-it may burn up and the life of the motor will be shortened. I try not run my 1/18 scales in grass unless it is very short.
hunterhoward23 is offline Find More Posts by hunterhoward23
Old Aug 28, 2015, 03:41 PM
Find More Posts by kcolraw
Kcolraw
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined Feb 2015
472 Posts
Check to see if it still has 4wd. Example- put the front tires on the edge of the table, use light pressure to hold the front still. Then try and rotate the rear wheels in the same direction. You can also hold the tires inbetween your legs. Repeat for the other end. That should help determine if it's the axles or the gears. Don't try to force it hard, you just want to load the drive train. You could also run it on dirt and check the roster tails, should be (4) of them.
kcolraw is offline Find More Posts by kcolraw
Old Aug 28, 2015, 08:00 PM
Find More Posts by ApexpretadorGT
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Nov 2014
2,100 Posts
I had a similar problem. I blew out the front diff.
ApexpretadorGT is offline Find More Posts by ApexpretadorGT