SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 28, 2014, 11:20 AM
Find More Posts by Softelectro
Joined Jan 2014
3 Posts
Thanks for your reply

Quote:
2.row 6 offset 13...however offset cannot be more than 9..so if 13 offset ==9.
I find better base channel with offset=9 for the second transmitter. But the base channel is again not cyclic and some value are omit. Is it normal/possible?

Thanks
Softelectro is offline Find More Posts by Softelectro
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:47 PM
Find More Posts by Lpbug
United States, CA, Santa Monica
Joined Jul 2011
498 Posts
Hi all, I've been combing through the code and am wondering what the "IF calibration" refers to. Also there is extensive mention of VCO bank and VCO current, what do these acronyms mean?

Thanks
Lpbug is offline Find More Posts by Lpbug
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:56 PM
Find More Posts by rev0
Joined May 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpbug View Post
Hi all, I've been combing through the code and am wondering what the "IF calibration" refers to. Also there is extensive mention of VCO bank and VCO current, what do these acronyms mean?

Thanks
IF is Intermediate Frequency, it's part of the receiver chain. VCO is Voltage Controlled Oscillator, it provides the frequency for the receiver and transmitter, and is locked to a reference frequency (the crystal, relatively low frequency) via a PLL (Phase Locked Loop).
rev0 is offline Find More Posts by rev0
Old Jan 30, 2015, 07:32 PM
Find More Posts by TheNr24
Getting into all that is RC
Belgium, Flanders, Antwerp
Joined Oct 2014
21 Posts
Hi everyone!

I have the transmitter for the v912 and v913.

Now I'd like to use it as a transmitter for an old RC car I'm restoring and in the future a tricopter I'll build, but also for my v911 and any other wltoys heli I might buy in the future.. I've just started learning arduino and that's what I'll be using on the RC car to give it neat features like obstacle avoidance and yaw stabilisation.

I've read trough this thread a bit but it's all way above my understanding of programming etc so far , so I thought I'd just ask:

Could I use a module like this one combined with an arduino as a receiver for rc cars and multirotors, interpreting the default signal sent by that transmitter?

Likewise could that module, or one like it, in combination with an arduino also control a v911 or the likes e.g. with an xbox controller?
How about a hubsan x4?

Thanks in advance for helping out a noob.
TheNr24 is offline Find More Posts by TheNr24
Last edited by TheNr24; Jan 30, 2015 at 07:46 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2015, 06:55 PM
Find More Posts by scousethief
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,440 Posts
Would it not be cheaper for you to just buy a small turnigy , flysky receiver or one of the wltoys heli/ plane receivers rather than build one?
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Feb 04, 2015, 02:06 AM
Find More Posts by slebetman
Malaysia, Selangor, Kajang
Joined Jun 2009
1,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Would it not be cheaper for you to just buy a small turnigy , flysky receiver or one of the wltoys heli/ plane receivers rather than build one?
Now where's the fun in that?

That's like it would be cheaper/easier to let a trained professional fly your RC plane - definitely would eliminate 99% of crashes.

Different people, different hobbies
slebetman is offline Find More Posts by slebetman
Old Feb 04, 2015, 02:54 AM
Find More Posts by blackmoon
flying beam
through the Looking Glass
Joined Apr 2008
1,983 Posts
I can relate, as much as I like to build and thinker, sometimes you just don't have the time or motivation to do so, but it doesn't mean you don't want to fly something. So yes sometimes its cheaper to buy.

I'll buy some actuators receivers from this shop : http://www.drcmall.com/shop/shopdeta...T=bmx3Uw%3D%3D because I find they are ideally priced.

I haven't let go my nanorx project, but for the time being I just have to little time to invest, and I prefer having something to fly, it's a lot more relaxing than building and debugging.
blackmoon is offline Find More Posts by blackmoon