SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 15, 2007, 07:40 PM
Fuzzy Member
Renton WA
Joined Oct 2001
824 Posts
Discussion
antenna, wide angle, anyone try?

Doing some searching on antennas, I found this one, pretty high gain for the width of field. (100deg) It's not really good on elevation, (30deg) but for longer distance flights fairly low, might be nice. Wouldn't have to aim as much. I was impressed by the DB chart. It's not circ. pol. though. 8.5X7.5, a little bigger than most we use.

http://www.pacwireless.com/products/PAWIN24-10.pdf

Anyone tried it?
lupy is offline Find More Posts by lupy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2007, 09:01 PM
Joined Aug 2003
323 Posts
Quote:
a little bigger than most we use
This is to be expected. Bigger couples with more gain, and to achieve that gain the beam is narrower. With antennas these trade off. (If someone offers a much smaller antenna with high gain and wide beamwidth--beware. Something is being misrepresented.)

Sorry about the double post, I thought I was editing (band->beam)!
deh6 is offline Find More Posts by deh6
Old Feb 16, 2007, 10:01 AM
Fuzzy Member
Renton WA
Joined Oct 2001
824 Posts
No prob, untill you pointed out the dif, I didn't see it.

I thought it was interesting since it's so wide, dosn't seem to have the null points off to the side like a lot. Elevation pattern is pretty small, but for flying at the edge of a field, It would be nice. Might be too polerized (sp?) though for good video during turns.
Ken
lupy is offline Find More Posts by lupy
Last edited by lupy; Feb 16, 2007 at 10:51 AM.