HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 12, 2014, 08:44 AM
United States, ND, Cavalier
Joined Jul 2014
40 Posts
Discussion
Rf 7

Hello all

It's been a long time since I did any r/c flying, I just flew a trainer before and I'm getting lots of people saying It would be wise to get a simulator before I crash a new plane, I am going to go with a gas trainer when I get one again. So I have been looking at the real flight 7 program. I have a couple questions

I have a futaba 6ex radio I could use for the program, would it be wise to use my radio or get the program with the supplied radio. I have read good and bad about both routes. Does it slow the response if I use my radio? , Is it terribly difficult to set it up with my radio? If i set the program to advanced is that the closest to real flying as the program offers?

What are the advantages and disadvantages
bushwackr is offline Find More Posts by bushwackr
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2014, 06:11 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,133 Posts
I have been using Real flight for years, with the Interlink Tx that cones with it. For trainers, that Tx is more than adequate. When you reach a point where you need to use more channels or the mixing capabilities of the Tx you use at the flying field, then, you would want to use your real Tx.

The downside is that you put wear and tear on the gimbals of your real Tx.
Buschbarber is online now Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Aug 13, 2014, 08:00 AM
Joined Jul 2014
40 Posts
ok thanks I will more than likely get the one with the radio
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:56 AM
Joined Jul 2014
40 Posts
Well I got the Sim. Its a nice tool but it just doesn't feel the same, or its the same and I forgot what I'm doing. Its worth every penny tho
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:57 AM
Joined Jul 2014
40 Posts
Does anyone know if I can get the pilot rc sport trainer on rf7. That is the plane I intent to fly after some months on this sim