HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2014, 11:38 PM
History Eraser Button?
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Aug 2010
1,030 Posts
Mine waggles just a little and only on final. It makes no difference to me and it flies on rails the rest of the time. Like StarHopper, I've gotten more interest from my fellow club members on this plane than any other foamy I've ever owned. It gets everyone's attention when it flies; especially those 100mph low passes at 2~3ft off the deck; I just love it
pomroyj is offline Find More Posts by pomroyj
Last edited by pomroyj; Aug 04, 2014 at 01:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2014, 11:56 PM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,869 Posts
One of the guys in our flying club flies his sea vixen like he stole it, and he only seems to get the tail wag on windy days. The adverse ya effect of not having rudder plays in a bit in any wind conditions, but add a breeze, and it's wagging like a Parkzone Trojan on 4S.
Cubcrazy is online now Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Z Cub Floats are here!!
Old Aug 04, 2014, 04:30 AM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Oct 2011
58 Posts
Starhopper,

If you really like the waggle go slowly across the wind, that will really get it going.
Park Pirate is offline Find More Posts by Park Pirate
Old Aug 04, 2014, 07:55 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
4,946 Posts
Mine's most noticeable in crosswind (which our strip seem to be eternally subject to), but only when at speed. Never seen 'er do it on final - just wantin' to crab with the no rudder situation, but that's understandable. One thing I learned quick is, you better be thinking ahead when coming in in that crosswind! In that demo we put on at the 1:1 airshow at Halifax, (25mph & turbulence off the hangar behind us) I approached on the far side of the taxiway they put us on & after I got 'er down, damn near ran over my own toes! And that sucker was about 30 yards wide! That was 1st time I'd flown off pavement, and she rolls real good!
Bu-u-u-ut, li'l quirks & all this plane is just flat out one of my all-time faves, period.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 04, 2014, 01:18 PM
History Eraser Button?
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Aug 2010
1,030 Posts
On my 5S pack, I only get 2mins of adrenaline fueled flying but man that really scratches my need for speed. Oh, and just love the all whoosh, no whine sound ripping down the deck.

If you want to eliminate waggle, do a powerplant upgrade; speed definitely fixes it
pomroyj is offline Find More Posts by pomroyj