HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2012, 05:03 PM
Grand Rapids MI.
Joined Feb 2011
404 Posts
Learn somthing New everyday.....RX fixed it. Must have been glitchen quite a bit cuz it flies better now that it ever has, even after all the crashing an gluen the nose back togather LOL
Lesson learned!
OTTO
OTTOFLYS is offline Find More Posts by OTTOFLYS
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2012, 05:22 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,259 Posts
What Rx was it?
Sammy70 is online now Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Apr 19, 2012, 09:00 PM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
was the RX blinking?

lol, i'll let you know about the grayson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTOFLYS View Post
Just had an issue with the emax motor aswell. I do believe I have a bad RX and am experiencing my first encounters with Brown outs. Range tested it and its all over the place??? 1 time it will work to 30 paces b4 cuttout then the next try I only make it 10-12 paces b4 it looses signal, and won't re connect till I'm standing on top of it again. So I may have to retract my first statement about the T-motor, time and testing will tell???

Syner please keep us posted, I really want to try it aswell but your the guinea pig for now LOL
Syner01 is offline Find More Posts by Syner01
Old Apr 19, 2012, 09:56 PM
Grand Rapids MI.
Joined Feb 2011
404 Posts
It was the spektum compatible from HeadsupRc http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...hz-DSM2/Detail

It looks exactly the same as this one, that fixed my problem http://www.commonsenserc.com/product...oducts_id=2865

And no the light was not flashing it was on steady
I did find a small amount of clear Rtv silicone between the prongs of the open channels after I pulled it out. I like using it to mount receivers, but the excess ouzed out and may have caused the issue but I did't think silicone was a conductor.
The more I think about it, it was on the rudder channel and it always went dead sticks when banking a turn. I know I know....no rudder hear but, out of pure habit I still catch myself giving this thing rudder input.
Has anyone had issues with the headsup Rx or know if Clear RTV silcone is a conductor?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:08 AM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
I use this RX and it works great.
http://www.targethobby.com/spectrum-...p-4161774.html

Can't beat the price either.

I use the ar500 and ar6200 also from their page here. Never had any problems with them.
http://www.targethobby.com/transmitt...iver-c-72.html

You can see example here on how far I go out with them. Watch full screen on pc because I will be a pin dot after awhile if not full screen from being a bit far out.

Parkzone T28 HeadCam (5 min 46 sec)

Quote:
It was the spektum compatible from HeadsupRc http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...hz-DSM2/Detail

It looks exactly the same as this one, that fixed my problem http://www.commonsenserc.com/product...oducts_id=2865

And no the light was not flashing it was on steady
I did find a small amount of clear Rtv silicone between the prongs of the open channels after I pulled it out. I like using it to mount receivers, but the excess ouzed out and may have caused the issue but I did't think silicone was a conductor.
The more I think about it, it was on the rudder channel and it always went dead sticks when banking a turn. I know I know....no rudder hear but, out of pure habit I still catch myself giving this thing rudder input.
Has anyone had issues with the headsup Rx or know if Clear RTV silcone is a conductor?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:21 AM
Grand Rapids MI.
Joined Feb 2011
404 Posts
Wow those are cheap, are they the real deal or the nock offs? Great price either way.
Great video too.
I tested my wing and went as far I could see it and still had total control so I think the issue is handled, you can see it pretty good being as big as it is. The neighbor down the road came over to check it out, LOL he said I was banking my turns over his house. Thats exactly 1/4 mile away, so range is not a problem anymore.

What kind of flight times are people gettin out of em?
I use a couple differant batteries but one example for me is an 1150mah timer set at 8 1/2 minutes and I only pulled 550-650 mah out.
So I tried 850 mah packs and an added weight it the nose 8-8 1/2 minute flights and the charger show it drawing about the same amount out of the pack so its (not totally draining) spot on.
I LOVE THIS WING
Last edited by OTTOFLYS; Apr 20, 2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:47 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,003 Posts
Pretty sure they are knockoffs, I've used them though with no issue.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:14 AM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
Pretty sure they are knockoffs, I've used them though with no issue.
indeed they are for that price. like you i have a couple dozen and haven't had any issue with any of them.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:16 AM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
on my minipopwing i can get up to 15 min on a battery if i throw in coasting half the time. if there are some decent winds i will fly around a bit then jump up high and ride the wind around w/no throttle until i get back down.

coasting like i am doing from 0:50 - 1:05 here. on some winds i can coast about 40-60 yards before having to hit the throttle.
you can see i am getting some good range in this vid also. i have gone probably double the farthest distance you see in the video with the mini. beyond that it's more of an orientation issue than rx range. the orange on one side and stripes on the other help but at some point it becomes just a dot and i have to turn back. the great thing about these though is if i lose orientation i can just cut the throttle and coast a bit until i figure it out. if i try that on say my rare bear i will be planting my prop in the ground real quick (ask me how i know lol).

Lazertoyz MiniPopWing (2 min 49 sec)

if i push WOT the whole time i get about 1/2 that time.

Quote:
Wow those are cheap, are they the real deal or the nock offs? Great price either way.
Great video too.
I tested my wing and went as far I could see it and still had total control so I think the issue is handled, you can see it pretty good being as big as it is. The neighbor down the road came over to check it out, LOL he said I was banking my turns over his house. Thats exactly 1/4 mile away, so range is not a problem anymore.

What kind of flight times are people gettin out of em?
I use a couple differant batteries but one example for me is an 1150mah timer set at 8 1/2 minutes and I only pulled 550-650 mah out.
So I tried 850 mah packs and an added weight it the nose 8-8 1/2 minute flights and the charger show it drawing about the same amount out of the pack so its (not totally draining) spot on.
I LOVE THIS WING
Last edited by Syner01; Apr 20, 2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:26 AM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
also i broke my 6x4E prop that came with the mini. in the meantime while waiting for replacements i have some 5.25x6.25. definitely not as good as the 6x4E. i have to use 1300 3s to get what i was getting on 6x4 w/800 2s. even then it is more speed than thrust (which makes total sense given the sizes). i have some 6x5 coming too that i will try once i get a hold of them. 6" definitely seems to be the sweet spot for the mini. just a matter of pitch preference/testing now.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 05:33 AM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,431 Posts
Maiden flight

Maiden my Popwing yesterday. First two launch was in the ground. Had to adjust my elevon up big time . Third time she took flight. Two right click and she was flying straight. I got three flights in with her and came home happy.
kid at 55 is offline Find More Posts by kid at 55
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:45 AM
Grand Rapids MI.
Joined Feb 2011
404 Posts
Glad to hear you can home happy Kid, Mine did the dame thing on the maiden excapt it broke thre nose off. I was rather suprized at how high the elevon have to be to get it flyin right.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:43 PM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,431 Posts
Quote:
I was rather suprized at how high the elevon have to be to get it flyin right.
Me too. It's a good thing it's made out of EPP.
kid at 55 is offline Find More Posts by kid at 55
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:45 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,259 Posts
Most wings (and delta wing jets) need a decent amount of up reflex for level flight...
Sammy70 is online now Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Apr 21, 2012, 05:20 PM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70 View Post
Most wings (and delta wing jets) need a decent amount of up reflex for level flight...
For wings I thought it was just because the battery is up front. Is there some other reason? I am not that well versed in wing design but am curious to know.