HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 25, 2014, 04:16 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Apr 2011
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlewton View Post
The one person who has gone above and beyond his duty to try and help me get my Bandit sorted out goes by the name of Kohersh here on RCG. Hans is a perfectionist and RC guy that truly wants people to do well and have fun with this product.
I really appreciate the kind words and I am still completely perplexed how your plane isn't performing well, the nose weight alone just leaves me scratching my head. Its still bugs me and its really tempting to have it shipped to me, to see if I could sort it out - maybe it would be a learning opportunity. Everyone has those trips to the fields, or weekends in the shop where it just doesn't happen- the 'disappointment' mentioned above, Dwayne's been a trooper through all of this when many others would have gone lunatic on the forum.
Speaking on the Bandit as a whole...its been a good seller I am told, lots of happy customers. I also heard when they went on sale one buyer ordered 5 at once just to have them!

Also, on the other topic of the T40 motors, i am going to ask PA if we can do a head to head for the critics. Speaking for myself, not as part of team PA...i'm not worried about them being outperformed. Not at all.
kohersh is offline Find More Posts by kohersh
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kohersh; Aug 25, 2014 at 07:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2014, 05:07 PM
Warm Sunny days please
United States, IN, Marion
Joined Mar 2008
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohersh View Post
I really appreciate the kind words and I am still completely perplexed how your plane isn't performing well, the nose weight alone just leaves me scratching my head. Its still bugs me and its really tempting to have it shipped to me, to see if I could sort it out - maybe it would be a learning opportunity. Everyone has those trips to the fields, or weekends in the shop where it just doesn't happen- the 'disappointment' mentioned above, Dwayne's been a trooper through all of this when many others would have gone lunatic on the forum.
Speaking on the Bandit as a whole...its been a good seller I am told, lots of happy customers. I also heard when they went on sale one buyer ordered 5 at once just to have them!

One more thing Shaun @ PA copied me on his offer to replace some of the components and discount others, did you ever take him up on any of that?

Also, on the other topic of the T40 motors, i am going to ask PA if we can do a head to head for the critics. Speaking for myself, not as part of team PA...i'm not worried about them being outperformed. Not at all.
Would love a head to head competition. My vote is for the Motrofly 2820-950

I am getting ready to install 4 of the following servos HYPERION ATLAS DS 11 AMB. These are lighter and stronger metal gear servo's than the HS-65mg's so perhaps it will allow me to remove some of the weight in the nose. According to calculations with the servos I have in it now and replacing them with these I should be able lighten the plane up by about 6-8 oz or so. That should make a huge difference.
dlewton is online now Find More Posts by dlewton
Last edited by dlewton; Aug 25, 2014 at 09:12 PM. Reason: made things right
Old Aug 25, 2014, 06:06 PM
United States, SC, Aiken
Joined Aug 2014
27 Posts
Third times a charm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa strap View Post
I had a defective out if the box. Got that one replaced and the second one had faulty bearings.
Third time is a charm? Nope. It made a grinding noise at wot. Sent it back for refund. Service was good but I didn't have luck with the motor. That was just my experience. Love the planes but think the electrics are meh. I don't want to bash pa or start an argument. I just wanted recommendations for non pa power.

Grandpa... Sorry to hear you got the run around around like that. You are definitely warranted in feeling the way you do. I'm on my third wife and I can not return her..LOL...ah in all this pain we have to find something to laugh about and my wife might as well be the target.

No worries on the PA bashing...you have a valid right to be hacked off at PA-I would be. after three bad AC's Did you have any probs with the off brand servos or were the ball bearings motor related?

Cheers...Greg
xlr8tion is offline Find More Posts by xlr8tion
Old Aug 25, 2014, 07:55 PM
The flying snake
United States, CO, Thornton
Joined Sep 2013
926 Posts
I've only bought the power system. I had never heard if those servos so I went with hitec in my addy x. The quantum esc has been perfect. The motors were less then I expected. My experience is most likely the minority not the majority. I just want a motor that works for the bandit. I am having a dickens of a time matching it up.
Grandpa strap is offline Find More Posts by Grandpa strap
Old Aug 27, 2014, 09:01 PM
Joined Apr 2014
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa strap View Post
I've only bought the power system. I had never heard if those servos so I went with hitec in my addy x. The quantum esc has been perfect. The motors were less then I expected. My experience is most likely the minority not the majority. I just want a motor that works for the bandit. I am having a dickens of a time matching it up.
Jump onto ebay and buy FSD 890 outrunner. Thats what I use and have used in many other planes. Its cheap but reliable. Plus you can run a 14x7 vox on 4s .... if you like
Daniel003 is online now Find More Posts by Daniel003
Old Aug 28, 2014, 04:57 AM
United States, MI, Edwardsburg
Joined Jun 2013
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8tion View Post
Says 4 to Six Wks....

Green or Blue is available.

I went with the Extreme version-same as Pro but has a 4s lipo vs 3s and slightly larger prop for 10 bucks more. NO SPINNER COMES WITH IT.

The CATCH is.....29 bucks for the CF spinner and 18 for the SFG's and 29 for the wing bags so I just got the "bling" package that is 77 bucks and picked up the Vox 3S prop for 14.95.
The spinner is awful, use something else.
Todd_R is offline Find More Posts by Todd_R
Old Aug 31, 2014, 12:39 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,035 Posts
Hi buddies. Just for sharing, last saturday I went to fly at the paved runway of Chiclana Aeromodelismo Club, were we meet with some friends and also personally know to Alvin and Elvira Braeckman from Braeckman Modelbau;( Germany), european dealers of Precision Aerobatics...
Meteo was really sunny and very warm, with light breeze and lot of thermals, and have a great time....I flew my Bandit and scratch built from RCM plans, all wood thermal sailplane from the eighties Olympic II modiffied with electric propulsion....
Best regards.
Manolo.

CHICLANERO SUN OLYMPIC II (8 min 27 sec)

SMOOTH AND CASUAL BANDIT (5 min 19 sec)
ultimatetwo is offline Find More Posts by ultimatetwo
Old Aug 31, 2014, 02:19 PM
The flying snake
Joined Sep 2013
926 Posts
Well I decided to try the IPA setup again. Since I could not decide what motor to get. I got it all Friday and installed today. It all works so far. Now of course it is too windy to maiden it.
Old Yesterday, 06:57 PM
The flying snake
Joined Sep 2013
926 Posts
Ummmm...............................:eek :
That was my face when I did the maiden today!! Then it was
I love this plane! and the iPA power system was impressive enough that I just ordered one for my addiction X

I had a run of bad luck with the iPA drive setup and was really sour. I ate some crow and tried it again and I gotta say it was really good.
Bandit is a very fun plane, totally different then my Addiction X. I think I have the 2 planes I will be flying for a long time. Anyone want to buy a bunch of foamies?