SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 13, 2014, 05:02 PM
Vineland, N.J.
Joined Sep 2003
739 Posts
Help!
Need Help on Motrofly to replace my Hacker A10 7L

I was at an event this weekend and was watching someone fly an old 3DHS 33" EPP Extra like I happen to own.

The plane I was watching was outperforming mine hands down.

Mine has a Hacker A10 7L on 2S 450-500 batteries.
I asked too few questions and didn't get enough information.

I managed to get that this flyer was using a MotroFly 2205 but didn't get all of the information I needed like which 2205?
All I got was that his set up was a 2205 and he said to use a 12 amp speed controller. He did have an 8x4.3 prop on it and was running 2S 450 batteries.

So my questions are, is there any way to figure out which 2205 is better than my A10 7L with the information I have?
The A10 7L shows 2200 kv, while the most likely MotroFly replacement is the 1800?
Does the kv alone determine which motor would be better?

I also want to get some new batteries but didn't get the brand he was using.
They had a blue label on them, that's all I remember.
Any recommendations for good batteries in that range?

Sorry for being so vague, and having so many questions, but I thought one of the gurus here might figger it out!!

Thanks
Bob
bob_nj is offline Find More Posts by bob_nj
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2014, 11:21 PM
smoke is my wattmeter
Longview, Tx
Joined May 2008
1,139 Posts
Just guessing but sounds like your friend most likely has the 1800 kv based on the prop he's using but possibly the 2150 also. Kv simply means the rpm turned for every volt of input. If nothing else is changed in your combo but the kv, your motor is trying to spin the prop faster whether it can or not and will draw more power. A change in prop is usually required when changing kvs. There's really no advantage to a higher or lower kv if the motor is propped to a safe, maximum level with the right prop.

Have you tried yours with a bigger prop yet? Is it already maxed out prop wise?

My Valuehobby G-Force 30c 2s 500s are blue with a white label and are around $5.00 each. They have 50c ones also. A higher C rating alone should deliver more power too.
krexken is offline Find More Posts by krexken
Old Jul 14, 2014, 04:04 AM
Vineland, N.J.
Joined Sep 2003
739 Posts
Mine is maxxed out.
This set up was originally used on a smaller model.

The pilot definitely said he had a 2250.
So in your opinion, with the limited information I gave you,
is the 1800 a better solution than I already have?

I need to get a bigger speed controller too.
Is Castle the preferred brand?
If so, where the best place to get a couple?

Thanks for the reply
Bob
Old Jul 14, 2014, 04:07 AM
Vineland, N.J.
Joined Sep 2003
739 Posts
Watt Meter

One more thing.

What is your recommendation for a Watt Meter?
I don't mind one that I can use my PC with either.

Take Care
Bob