SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:21 AM
Scammers need to go!
Slidell, La
Joined Oct 2006
1,456 Posts
Question
Why no Mcpx Schweizer 300 in the states?

Iv'e always held the Schweizer 300 as my favorite scale heli and have been wanting to build one for quite a few years but just never got around to it. Now that I can I just can't put out as much as it would cost to build one now. So I started thinking why not scale my mcpx into one. I came across a few really neat revel 1:35 bell h-13 scalers but not quite what i'm looking for. Then I came across an actual scale kit for the blade mcpx but in Germany. Why does no one carry this in the states? They also have a few more different scale kits for the mcpx. Anybody understand any of the prices, info or how to get one?

http://www.heli-scale-quality.com/content/view/134/43/

http://www.heli-scale-quality.com/co...185/Itemid,43/
HyperHelis is offline Find More Posts by HyperHelis
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:53 PM
United States, PA, Reading
Joined Mar 2009
483 Posts
I have been getting many requests to do this heli fuse,and have one in the works. Bill www.dragmarstudios.com
tippytoe is offline Find More Posts by tippytoe
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:42 PM
Scammers need to go!
Slidell, La
Joined Oct 2006
1,456 Posts
Thats some unique designs you have there sir! I like how you went with your own creations. What details are you thinking of incuding in it? Landing gear, boom and fins or just the canopy? Man, just a decent canopy would great! I have a friend that could cnc some nice landing gear and fins using thin styrene. If you dont mind sharing do you have any prototype pics?
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:37 AM
Joined Mar 2009
483 Posts
Thanks Hyper,I have the basic fuse right now but it's not complete yet. Boom and fins will also be included too. I've been concentrating on my Cobra exclusively during the holidays,but the festivities have slowed me up a bit! As far as landing gear, I always make up a pair for myself using the existing stock l.g. and styrene, but since this gear is so unique to this heli it's a little more complicated. Anyways, should have the fuse,boom/fins ready for order in about a week. Fabbing an interior for it too(.005 styrene to keep it light) Thanks, Bill
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:49 AM
Germany, SN, Chemnitz
Joined Jan 2012
65 Posts
Heli Scale Quality supplies also in the U.S., but the cost for this is rather high in Germany (30 for a package). Other forms have so far stuck in U.S. customs. Therefore this producer searches a distributor in the U.S.. Could order more kits and thereby minimize the costs for U.S. customers.
If you help to solve this problem, you also have one less problem.
Lupusprimus is offline Find More Posts by Lupusprimus
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:41 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Ive been making bodies for the past 8-9 years . I get requests to do certain bodies all the time. Usually the way it goes: Can you make this body or that body and alot of people will say yeah thats cool but when it comes down to people actually purchasing the body, sometimes all the work that goes into one dosent really make it worth the while. Then you got to worry about those that would buy yours and then make a mold from yours and make them and sell them as their own. It can be a dog eat dog world. Im doing what I do right now because I like the hobby. I dont devote as much time to it as I use to (Got other things going on) but Im still around.
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:43 PM
Joined Mar 2009
483 Posts
This work from Germany is no doubt very good, but us Amaricans can also sling the clay and plaster pretty well also. Just an observation, no offence intended. Bill
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:49 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
I do a 300C canopy for the 4#3 and also MSR, Im sure the canopy will fit the MCPX but it is just the canopy not the whole bit with scale LG and tail
Blade MSR 300C (4 min 54 sec)
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:03 PM
Joined Mar 2009
483 Posts
Darth, love your work.You are the reason I decided to get into this! My hats off to you. I have been receiving many orders from Japan and to be honest I'm a little concerned about knock-offs.I have been producing Fantasy collectibles for many years and it's easy to spot the fakes, but this is a whole new animal for me. Bill
Old Jan 01, 2013, 02:53 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Whats going on over in China /Asian markets the copy cats are getting copied too. Its all about getting that Dollar. One company which I wont mention came in with really cheap product and basically have built up a large following but over time their prices have been going up and up at the same time competitors have been going out of business or cutting way back on production or selling out . Once the competition is out the way , up goes the pricing . Oh and the cost of materials going up dont help either. Sometimes to get the breaks you have to buy in large quantities and sometimes the smaller guys cant afford that
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:55 PM
Joined Mar 2009
483 Posts
The fun never ends,does it? This is why it took me so long to start this venture.Getting ripped off. There is so much work involved when doing this work, as you know. I've had to see lawyers many times with copyright issues on my sculpture and designs,and don't need that P.I.A again. To be realistic on this stuff,I suppose there's no way to protect yourself from copiers. Like you, I generally make what I like and hope others like it too.(and get their plastic out!) Bill
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:09 AM
Scammers need to go!
Slidell, La
Joined Oct 2006
1,456 Posts
I didnt even know that you made that canopy Darth! I've actually bought quite a few of your canopies as well as a few from Mario but thats a whole different story. Micro-flite just became to much of a hassle to deal with. I remember back when you had trouble with supply and demand. So many people were trying to get your fuse's that they were in high demand! You have done some fantastic scale work!

Tippytoe, are you any closer to finishing up the fuse? I'd really like to see the finished product. Oh and don't worry about me ripping off the design. I'm not one for having the patience to model these things. I guess i'm one of those instant gradification people I can fly and flip with the best of them, and have done it, but can barely wait for glue to dry I know, its sad.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:21 AM
Joined Mar 2009
483 Posts
I've been working on some multirotor fuses the past 2 weeks. Everything's been done before,so I am kicking around a lot of different designs. I'll do more scale stuff but I think that I'm going to lean more toward original designs for a while. Thanks, Bill
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:24 PM
Joined Mar 2009
483 Posts
I have decided to produce more fuselages for 120 -300 size heli's. I don't think the need is really there for the smaller scale stuff other than the simple pod&boom canopies. Bill