HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:28 AM
fly FPV
Germany
Joined Jan 2010
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
Did you try without PPM, and connect the channels one by one?

best regards

Ferdiannd
I'll try that! Thank`s

Look forward to further proposals yet
FPVer is offline Find More Posts by FPVer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:31 AM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVer View Post
I'll try that! Thank`s

Look forward to further proposals yet
There is a thread about the same problem here :

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=16844

and here

http://www.multirotorforums.com/show...ng-Woes/page10

maybe it helps

but summing it up they both didn't find an answer ! one of them exchange think the MC and didn't have the problem anymore

Boris
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:39 PM
fly FPV
Germany
Joined Jan 2010
102 Posts
Yes, thanks, the second link further helps

I'm reassured that I'm not the only one
FPVer is offline Find More Posts by FPVer
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:01 PM
Joined Jan 2009
98 Posts
newbie site info?

I would like to know if there is a site that would help out in learning all the bells and whistles of the wookong controller? I have the opportunity to fly an aerial technology heavylift octo with a wookong controller. I would call myself a pretty good helicopter pilot but have never tried a multi before. The owner of this multi bought it ready to fly but hasnt a pilot to fly it. That is where I step in. All I have to go by is the manual and it kindof vague for me just to understand between the difference between home lock and course lock modes. Any help would be appreciated. They spend over 13k on the copter so I would like to be able to help them out and also get to learn myself without the huge investment.
thanks
Jeff
jjos99 is offline Find More Posts by jjos99
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:14 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjos99 View Post
I would like to know if there is a site that would help out in learning all the bells and whistles of the wookong controller? I have the opportunity to fly an aerial technology heavylift octo with a wookong controller. I would call myself a pretty good helicopter pilot but have never tried a multi before. The owner of this multi bought it ready to fly but hasnt a pilot to fly it. That is where I step in. All I have to go by is the manual and it kindof vague for me just to understand between the difference between home lock and course lock modes. Any help would be appreciated. They spend over 13k on the copter so I would like to be able to help them out and also get to learn myself without the huge investment.
thanks
Jeff
Wow, no training from the dealer?
Give us a call and I will give you some tips.
Cliff
atlav8r is offline Find More Posts by atlav8r
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:50 PM
Joined Jan 2009
98 Posts
I actually got contacted through a freind of the guy that bought this multi. The owner has a video/commercial company and bought it with intentions of doing some aerial work. He bought this back in June and hasnt either had the pilot or time to get it flying. I actually havent meet with the guy yet so there might be some support available. I would hope so for $13k of which 3k was for system integration and flight testing. I am just so excited about flying this that I am trying to learn all I can before I actually get my hands on it. He has offered to allow me to take it home and work with it this week. It is cold and windy here in Ohio so It might be awhile before I can fly it. I have been flying single rotor helis so it is amazing the technology this controller has. I saw the video of the point of interest flight and it is just way cool. If I dont get any support from the original purchase co I will take you up on your offer. I need to get this in front of me first.
thanks
Jeff
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:40 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,082 Posts
Quote:
I actually got contacted through a freind of the guy that bought this multi. The owner has a video/commercial company and bought it with intentions of doing some aerial work. He bought this back in June and hasnt either had the pilot or time to get it flying. I actually havent meet with the guy yet so there might be some support available. I would hope so for $13k of which 3k was for system integration and flight testing. I am just so excited about flying this that I am trying to learn all I can before I actually get my hands on it. He has offered to allow me to take it home and work with it this week. It is cold and windy here in Ohio so It might be awhile before I can fly it. I have been flying single rotor helis so it is amazing the technology this controller has. I saw the video of the point of interest flight and it is just way cool. If I dont get any support from the original purchase co I will take you up on your offer. I need to get this in front of me first.
thanks
Jeff
I'm in Ohio as well if you need to ask some questions you can PM me and we can talk.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:24 AM
Joined Jul 2012
61 Posts
Anyone tested the new firmware ?

And one more question to some experienced Y6 pilot. My Y6 with Mk gimble Sony cx540 T motor 3506 14x8 Xoar props over all with 6000mAh 3s 2670gr. 12min flight time. Flys stable hovers stable but on full throttle forwards flying I get an altitude drop but not in full throttle backwards. Sideways same drop. Normal for this construction?
MarcCam is offline Find More Posts by MarcCam
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:41 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
installed 5.18, no really changes except the distance limit for french users, under LAWS.
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:29 PM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panza View Post
installed 5.18, no really changes except the distance limit for french users, under LAWS.
I updated on my S800 and the liftoff is much smoother now. It used to try to roll to one side on liftoff and then level out. Now it just lifts straight up.
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:41 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
thanks
Jeff
I am totally lost from what you said. The guy put in the money, then asks or hires you to be the pilot when you have no experience with the equipment.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:03 PM
Joined Jan 2009
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
I am totally lost from what you said. The guy put in the money, then asks or hires you to be the pilot when you have no experience with the equipment.
I know it sounds crazy but I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth. I have been wanting to get into a multirotor and this is an inexpensive way for me to learn it. I am not sure why he would buy it without a pilot but I think he figured he could learn to fly it but decided he didnt have the time.
Jeff
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:08 PM
Bad Gunkie
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
Quote:
I know it sounds crazy but I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth. I have been wanting to get into a multirotor and this is an inexpensive way for me to learn it. I am not sure why he would buy it without a pilot but I think he figured he could learn to fly it but decided he didnt have the time.
Jeff
Jeff,
If this guy needs someone experienced, message me. I'm looking for work.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is online now Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:42 AM
Mozambique, Maputo City, Maputo
Joined Sep 2012
38 Posts
Motors overheating

Hi, is there anyone that can explain me why my DJI-M is overheating motors in positions 1 and 3? My quadcopter is a GAUI 500x and I have put new motors and ESCs, I did ESC calibration one by one. The quadcopter flies normally in GPS and attitude mode, the AUW is 1.780 gr., much lower then 2.200 gr. advertised, but after two or three minutes I have to land it because I can smell the coil insulation odour because of excessive motors' heat.
When I swap ESC and motor in position 4 with ESC and motor in position 3, the new motor now in position n. 3 overheats, so it does not seem to be a motor's or ESC's problem. I am now thinking that the problem could be perhaps in the DJI-M PMU or in the MC.
Any suggestion?
archet is offline Find More Posts by archet
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:40 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,243 Posts
One or more motors are not vertical, inducing a yaw. The two opposite motors of your quad that heat up are spinning much harder to fight that yaw.

Straiten your motors and they will cool down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archet View Post
Hi, is there anyone that can explain me why my DJI-M is overheating motors in positions 1 and 3? My quadcopter is a GAUI 500x and I have put new motors and ESCs, I did ESC calibration one by one. The quadcopter flies normally in GPS and attitude mode, the AUW is 1.780 gr., much lower then 2.200 gr. advertised, but after two or three minutes I have to land it because I can smell the coil insulation odour because of excessive motors' heat.
When I swap ESC and motor in position 4 with ESC and motor in position 3, the new motor now in position n. 3 overheats, so it does not seem to be a motor's or ESC's problem. I am now thinking that the problem could be perhaps in the DJI-M PMU or in the MC.
Any suggestion?
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member