HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 01, 2011, 01:18 AM
Static Model Collector LOL
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
A bit premature and pointless to start a new thread for the Q version, you guys are gonna duplicate your efforts asking questions that have already been answered on the original stryker thread, all the how-to’s, proven power setup’s high-end power setup’s can be found here just follow this link http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...61678&page=845

You gonna try to replace numerous pages of hard data, to talk about what – rudder servos, it’s new on the Q, but many have done it before

Just my 2 cents

FCA
FLAME747 is offline Find More Posts by FLAME747
Last edited by FLAME747; Apr 01, 2011 at 09:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2011, 07:19 AM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,484 Posts
Not much sence in 2 different threads for one Stryker,as Flame has mentioned all the good data is next door,all the proven data is next door.All that will happen to upgrade is read in the stryker thread and post in the Q thread.

Makes no sence.....
rimripper is offline Find More Posts by rimripper
Old Apr 01, 2011, 08:42 AM
AllAloneInSpaceAndTime
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Apr 2003
2,389 Posts
I'm pretty sure we're gonna call them VERY different Strykers when they are flown back to back.
F-27Q Stryker BNF & PNP by ParkZone (1 min 43 sec)

Buy one at your local hobby shop.
Support Local.

Corey
The Enemy is offline Find More Posts by The Enemy
Old Apr 01, 2011, 10:43 AM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,297 Posts
The Q is a whole new airplane. The only thing in common is the planform (flying wing with twin verticals). It deserves its own thread!
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 01, 2011, 01:34 PM
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,305 Posts
Top speed?
yucafrita is offline Find More Posts by yucafrita
Old Apr 01, 2011, 01:42 PM
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yucafrita View Post
Top speed?

Not faster than mines

Como esta hermano

FCA

Doppler shows 90MPH http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=12653
Old Apr 01, 2011, 01:56 PM
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAME747 View Post
Not faster than mines

Como esta hermano

FCA

Doppler shows 90MPH http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=12653
Maybe, but are you selling yours?

Todo bien por aqui, gracias!
yucafrita is offline Find More Posts by yucafrita
Old Apr 01, 2011, 02:09 PM
Gravity-Compliant User
Nebraska USA
Joined Mar 2008
1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
The Q is a whole new airplane. The only thing in common is the planform (flying wing with twin verticals).
Dave, this statement should justify keeping the `C' version in the Parkzone lineup after the `Q' is released - nicht wahr?
Zaurak3 is offline Find More Posts by Zaurak3
Old Apr 01, 2011, 02:14 PM
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Hey where do you fly, the Doral area is mostly built up.

Gotta move back to Miami, Reason # 1 Las Chicas
Old Apr 01, 2011, 02:17 PM
7.62x51
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jul 2010
699 Posts
Having a thread dedicated to the Q will make it easier to track down the info for the Q. It's already crazy to sift through thousands of posts in massive threads. No need to make it even bigger. Even using the search can be a PITA. Besides, it'll hit more on Google searches... It makes perfect sense.

I'll leave it up to the mods; if there doesn't need to be a duplicate, which it's not since this is about the F-27Q and not the F-27C, then they can do whatever needs to be done.

With that said, I really like the upgrades. Yes, I can use HK parts and build one cheaper; but for those that don't have the skills/time to build and for those who want HH CS, this is the ticket.
ElIntocable is offline Find More Posts by ElIntocable
Last edited by ElIntocable; Apr 01, 2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old Apr 01, 2011, 03:42 PM
NORDPAC S3
United States, OR, Estacada
Joined Jan 2009
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave eichstedt View Post
the q is a whole new airplane. The only thing in common is the planform (flying wing with twin verticals). It deserves its own thread!
+1
mfpage is offline Find More Posts by mfpage
Old Apr 01, 2011, 04:38 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Palos Verdes
Joined Sep 2010
307 Posts
I've been flying warbirds and an FPV Twinstar II rig for some time, but my son really wants us to get a wing/jet. What excellent timing that Parkzone is essentially coming out with a new one. After watching the video, however, my only concern would be those takeoffs. A few guys I fly with have multiple Funjets and no matter the skill level always seem to randomly have a bad takeoff from time to time (and by 'bad takeoff' I mean go inverted and crash into the ground with flames and a small mushroom cloud).

Any chance we can get some more input from Parkzone about the takeoff handling for this new plane?
Infernal Bill is offline Find More Posts by Infernal Bill
Old Apr 01, 2011, 05:50 PM
Electric or Bust!
Mooresville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
1,157 Posts
Quote:
The Q is a whole new airplane. The only thing in common is the planform (flying wing with twin verticals). It deserves its own thread!
Thanks Dave!!! I agree!

I love my F-27C's but I'm only interested in the Q right now. Nobody has to come to this thread if they don't want too.
skyjet is offline Find More Posts by skyjet
Old Apr 01, 2011, 05:54 PM
Too much is just not enough...
Joined Jan 2009
1,090 Posts
Quote:
I like the idea of a new thread for the Q as well. Seems like the other thread has morphed into mostly discussion on super speed, which is fine, but a new Q thread will be easier to stay focused on the differences.
After a period of time, a new thread will transform to encompass the need for speed too.

Also, I'm starting to love to hate Horizon Hobby.
Too many new planes and helis and too little time to play!
How about a buy back program for technology upgrades

Just kidding, I like it all!!
Woody_99 is offline Find More Posts by Woody_99
Old Apr 01, 2011, 06:48 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
Saw it a Toledo today. Sorry no pics. The wheel on the bottom is nice and the bottom of the fins have a thick fiberglass cover over them. The HH guys said to expect solid 90mph straight and level performance and still get the slow speed too. It was very ridged also. The battery compartment was a little small so don't expect to be able to hog out a lot of foam for bigger 4-5s packs. The red and blue on the bottom is paint and not decals like I thought they would be. The rudders are pretty big too. All in all I liked it much more in person and will be getting one.
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge