SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 26, 2004, 10:15 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Another "nuisance" for Kerry

We all know by now that Kerry considers the global war on terrorists (which are all Muslim extremists) a simple nuisance.

Well, here's another example of how clueless Kerry is about what WWWIII is going to turn out to be.
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=198385

Keep an eye out for this stuff happening around the world. This isn't about American "imperialism"; it's about a world wide effort of one particular group of people attempting to literally dominate the planet or kill everyone they can't dominate. Darn, what a nuisance.

Clearly, WWWIII is going to quite a "nuisance" if John Kerry has his say.

Highflight
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Oct 26, 2004, 10:24 AM
God is good
Banjul
Joined Jan 2001
4,246 Posts
Why not use all the drug dealers and prostitutes to counter-terrorize the Muslims??
Viper Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Viper Pilot
Old Oct 26, 2004, 12:31 PM
Formerly of mcba fame
Luxembourg
Joined Apr 2001
3,007 Posts
Highflight,

Ummm, that's not what Kerry said is it?

As I recall he wants to make terrorism a nuisance, instead of (my interpretation) having it define your (and maybe our) lives.

It seems to me that that is an admirable objective - what fault do you find with it?

Matthew
Matthew Allen is offline Find More Posts by Matthew Allen
Last edited by mcba; Oct 26, 2004 at 12:32 PM. Reason: typo
Old Oct 26, 2004, 01:44 PM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,546 Posts
Admirably put, Matthew.
martin richards is online now Find More Posts by martin richards
Old Oct 26, 2004, 01:50 PM
AKA Terry Till
Alexandria, VA
Joined Apr 2002
1,539 Posts
"As I recall he wants to make terrorism a nuisance, instead of (my interpretation) having it define your (and maybe our) lives."
--except that it's never a nuisance to the victims and their families.
That being said, Kerry doesn't want to MAKE it a nuisance, but simply wishes it were less prominent to the point of being, as he put it, a nuisance.
Admirable? maybe to you. It's easy to take the threat lightly when you're not the target.
ex-racr is offline Find More Posts by ex-racr
Last edited by ex-racr; Oct 26, 2004 at 02:12 PM. Reason: your to you're
Old Oct 26, 2004, 01:53 PM
Trampling out the vintage
Joined Feb 2002
1,893 Posts
Matt they are just repeating Bush talking point jiber-jabber, that's what the 'debate' has become.

Kerry spoke truthfully and realistically when he said he wanted to so neutralize terrorists that they were nothing more than a nusiance.

Just like Bush spoke truthfully and realistically when he said you can't really ever win the war on terror, just reduce the incidence/size of attacks.

Apparently when you speak truthfully, the sound-bite is turned against you by the partisans.
4 Scale is offline Find More Posts by 4 Scale
Old Oct 26, 2004, 02:03 PM
Agra, Oklahoma
Joined Feb 2000
5,390 Posts
He actually said he wanted to return terrorism to a nusiance, implying that pre 9/11 attacks on US interests where soldiers and civilians were killed was just a nusiance.

It's much more telling of the person Kerry is in my opinion than if he said it 'is' a nusiance. Another example that he just does not get it and probably never will.
Steve McBride is offline Find More Posts by Steve McBride
Old Oct 27, 2004, 01:24 AM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,093 Posts
It seems the interpretation of "nuisance" depends on which camp you're in and what points you're trying to score. The Bush camp interpret it as meaning so long as there are no attacks on US soil then the occasional bombing of US embassies or attacks on US military is acceptable to Kerry. The Kerry camp interpret it as meaning that if the threat from terrorists is reduced to virtually zero by the "nuisance" factor of needing continual surveillance at airports, more invasive intelligence etc then it's worthwhile.

Personally I think both Kerry and Bush want the same final outcome, they've just got different ways of expressing it.
downunder is offline Find More Posts by downunder