HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2013, 03:18 PM
United States, MI, Bloomfield Hills
Joined Jan 2013
100 Posts
Discussion
30 Day warranty doesn't make any sense...

HobbyPartz 30 day warranty does not make any sense for much of the stuff they sell. I have a bad Detrum 30 amp ESC that was defective when I first installed it. Since this was after the 30 day warranty (68 days) they are indicating that there is nothing they can do. I had bought 4 ESCs to have some ready for future builds. I guess you are supposed to test everything you when it arrives to insure they work correctly. That just doesn't make any sense but they are sticking with their policy. In their defense, the policy is clear and documented, it just doesn't make any sense in the real world. I guess they are trying to compete with HobbyKing for customer service failures. They have good prices and stuff in stock and ship quickly but fail to provide customer service that makes sense...
gregmchugh is offline Find More Posts by gregmchugh
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:26 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
386 Posts
Would you happen to know your order number for the ESCs? Have you tested the other ones yet? I'll make the exception and process the RMA for the ESC that has the issue.

-Charlie
RaidenCharlie is offline Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:55 PM
Joined Jan 2013
100 Posts
Charlie,

Thanks for the exception. The order number was yhst-62196343123315-383058. I will be happy if you just give me a refund credit for the cost of the ESC. I have several more that I have ordered fro you as spares so I don't really need it replaced. This would save the postage both ways...

Greg McHugh
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:57 PM
Joined Jan 2013
100 Posts
Charlie,

Yes, I have installed the other Detrum 30a ESCs from that order and they are working fine. This is the first bad one I have had out of the many Detrum ESCs that I have bought from HobbyPartz.

Greg McHugh
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:38 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
386 Posts
I processed the RMA for the ESC, you should of received it in your email. Since the order was placed back in April we don't have access to your payment information. When we get the item in a rep is going to call you to get a credit card to process the refund back to.

-Charlie
RaidenCharlie is offline Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Old Jul 16, 2013, 04:35 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined May 2013
102 Posts
I was about to pull the trigger on a charger there. Now I'm really considering Amazon.

EDIT: I went ahead and placed my order on a Thunder AC680 and I was really pleased with the customer service I received. I had placed two orders for the same item and canceling one of them was really easy. My item arrived in two days (To TX)!
BetAsh is offline Find More Posts by BetAsh
Last edited by BetAsh; Jul 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM.