HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:37 PM
RC Heli Junky
United States, SC, Mt Pleasant
Joined Feb 2013
82 Posts
Question
Trimming problems?

hey everyone im have a issue with my trimming for my heli. this is what i have, Dynam Erazor 450, 6ch, 3D ,brushless ,All metal. the tx/rx im using is the factory Dynam 6ch transmitter and receiver. the problem im having is no matter how much i try to trim the tail rotor it still seems to drift left or right. i found center on the trim bar but i cant completely center it. 1 click to the right and the tail rotor drifts slowly left and 1 click to the left and the tail drifts slowly to the right. (Looking at the tail rotor) i cant seem to find center. my other trims seem to be fine or maybe my heli needs adjusting. can any one help me with this issue?
countrybo89 is offline Find More Posts by countrybo89
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:12 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrybo89 View Post
hey everyone im have a issue with my trimming for my heli. this is what i have, Dynam Erazor 450, 6ch, 3D ,brushless ,All metal. the tx/rx im using is the factory Dynam 6ch transmitter and receiver. the problem im having is no matter how much i try to trim the tail rotor it still seems to drift left or right. i found center on the trim bar but i cant completely center it. 1 click to the right and the tail rotor drifts slowly left and 1 click to the left and the tail drifts slowly to the right. (Looking at the tail rotor) i cant seem to find center. my other trims seem to be fine or maybe my heli needs adjusting. can any one help me with this issue?
Yep , i think i know why. To trim the tail, try turning the ball link a turn in or out till it stops drifting . Sometimes radio trim may be too much , or the gyro doesn't understand why the radio changed and try's to put it back where it was .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:13 PM
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2013
23 Posts
If your gyro is in HH mode the tail should not drift at all, only if your gyro gain is set to low (or you got a crappy gyro)
Is your gyro set to HH or rate mode?
If you want to trim your tail you have to be in rate mode and DON'T use the radio trim - only mechanical !
If you are not planning on flying in rate mode your trim don't has to be 100%, just switch to head hold and adjust your gain. I think only scale pilots still fly in rate mode.

What gyro are you using anyway?
freperry is offline Find More Posts by freperry