HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2014, 05:46 AM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
2,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarkson View Post
I just need to know how to spell it in my letter to Santa!
Kris Kringle..That should do..haha
agedflier is online now Find More Posts by agedflier
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2014, 08:15 PM
Joined Feb 2013
540 Posts
My Dynam Waco from Nitro didn't have no stinking k in the name and never will, don't need no stinking ks.
Jeff……..
SeeMeDo is offline Find More Posts by SeeMeDo
Old Nov 27, 2014, 01:06 AM
teaching to learn
United States, NC, Greenville
Joined Oct 2013
2,928 Posts
Motion rc is offering ten percent off all planes all weekend coupon code megaten.
millerr74 is offline Find More Posts by millerr74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: my birds
Old Yesterday, 08:49 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2 Posts
After my maiden I saw the need for a couple of #8 washers behind the top two motor mount screws. Ran into a problem with the lower left motor mount screw. Whatever blind nut they installed must have broken free as the screw turns easily but goes nowhere. I was able to install the washers and tighten the other thress screws but would like to be able to remove the motor if there is a problem down the road. Any suggestions?
uuuj is offline Find More Posts by uuuj
Old Yesterday, 10:51 AM
Foam Recycler Par Exalance
United States, AZ, Casa Grande
Joined Dec 2010
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuj View Post
After my maiden I saw the need for a couple of #8 washers behind the top two motor mount screws. Ran into a problem with the lower left motor mount screw. Whatever blind nut they installed must have broken free as the screw turns easily but goes nowhere. I was able to install the washers and tighten the other thress screws but would like to be able to remove the motor if there is a problem down the road. Any suggestions?
The nut are standard metric hex nuts that fit into a hex socket in the back of the plastic mount.

I found this out the hard way during major surgery to the fuselage front end and firewall/motor mount following an ill advised attempt to pursue ground squirrels with a biplane.

You just might be able to capture the nut a thread or two on the end of a longer correctly sized (diameter) screw and while gently pulling and still rotating see if you can get the nut to seat back into the recess in the rear of the motor mount.
If not and by looking into the offending nuts mounting hole, from the front, you possibly will see that the nut is pushed back out of the socket and is at a bit of an angle preventing the screw getting a "start" into the nut. I fixed this issue a time or two by using a sharpened length of servo push rod and pushing it into the nut from the inside of the fuselage I could with some patience wiggle the nut back into place enough to have the screw grab the threads and then rotate and pull it back into place.
Last you can cut a small piece of foam out of the firewall, again from inside the fuselage, as close to where you think the nut is and find and re-secure the nut.
After the nut is back in place gently remove the screw while pulling on it to keep the nut secure to the motor mount. Apply some petroleum jelly or lightly oil the screw threads to keep glue from sticking to them. Dribble some epoxy into the screw hole, insert the screw, pulling gently after the threads get a bite, and screw into the nut at least far enough to fully engage all the threads on the nut. Let the epoxy set up, repair or replace any removed or damaged foam done in the process and you should have a "good-to-go" four motor mount again.

Hope that this is of some help.

Dave/FM
FerretMaster is offline Find More Posts by FerretMaster
Old Yesterday, 04:15 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2 Posts
The screw is still in the nut, and, as you must know they're pretty short so no play exists to manuver the unseen nut. I'll fly it as is and perhaps perform some sugery from the inside this winter if/when I have a performance issue. Thanks.
uuuj is offline Find More Posts by uuuj