SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:30 PM
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,595 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
But it is true I staylogged in and could be away from the computer for a day. These sites encourage you not to log off.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:52 PM
List too Big for a Bucket!
USA, NJ, Stewartsville
Joined Jul 2010
428 Posts
Trader Rating: 53
Some people, and rightly so, do not trust the internet. If you keep a bunch of money in your paypal account, then good luck with that! Deal with whoever you want, but the careful person will not do this and should not be penalized for it!... Especially if they have excellent trader ratings!
ww2collector is offline Find More Posts by ww2collector
Old Jul 15, 2012, 08:43 PM
eternal noob
United States, WI, Chetek
Joined Jul 2006
147 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by ww2collector View Post
Some people, and rightly so, do not trust the internet. If you keep a bunch of money in your paypal account, then good luck with that! Deal with whoever you want, but the careful person will not do this and should not be penalized for it!... Especially if they have excellent trader ratings!

Caphead is offline Find More Posts by Caphead
Old Jul 15, 2012, 08:56 PM
USA, NJ, Stewartsville
Joined Jul 2010
428 Posts
You asked the question about immediate payment...My answer.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:01 PM
Dragons, WindMills, all Same
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
4,290 Posts
Trader Rating: 391
Crystal Clear WW2C

"A wise man learns from another's mistake and the fool by his own."

And I am such the Fool.
Jared
jcstalls is offline Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:06 PM
USA, NJ, Stewartsville
Joined Jul 2010
428 Posts
JC...you get it. I spent 15 years investigating insurance fraud. People just put Waaaaay too much information about themselves out in the public domain.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:13 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,991 Posts
If someone wants my item,I post "sold-pending funds" -number2 hasn't been put off,and can check back to see if I post "sold" and close the thread.
I got a couple of pm's politely asking me to notify of the disposition-not sold? may I have next chance ?
Communication is what I was told to do,but I'm gone sometimes 12 hours-then it's impossible.....I do see guys saying"i dont check here often-PM me"
Not enough funds ? I'll hold it till payday-my life doesn't depend on a sale here.

If you change your mind,or something comes up,lemme know....nothing to get upset about.
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:35 PM
eternal noob
United States, WI, Chetek
Joined Jul 2006
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ww2collector View Post
You asked the question about immediate payment...My answer.

I never have a balance over ZERO in my paypal account, but that doesnt stop me from using paypal for every transaction I make online immediately when its expected. PayPal is more secure than any other payment option your gonna use to pay for something online.

so still that leaves me too still be I guess I will make a tinfoil hat , and maybe then I will understand.
Caphead is offline Find More Posts by Caphead
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:08 PM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,689 Posts
Trader Rating: 45
I check the forum when I get up in the morning before work. I'll see something I want, and PM an "I'll take it" before I leave for work. I've had to start including "I'll be at work until 6:30 PM" because on two occasions, something's been sold out from under me because I can't check the forum at work and didn't pay as soon as the person sent their payment info
Bugman Jeff is offline Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:08 PM
USA, NJ, Stewartsville
Joined Jul 2010
428 Posts
No problem Caphead. I look at it this way... I deposit CASH into the account I use for paypal. I never use a credit card. The country is already screwed up enough for overuse of credit. If I dont have the cash, I shouldn't be spending it on little boxes of balsa wood. So when I buy something off the site I deposit CASH into the account I use to paypal. I do not keep any more funds in the account that I use for paypal than are required to complete the transaction I wish to complete. It is too easy for outside entities to fraudulently use that data to buy....Lets say....TV's at Walmart.com...and then you have to file a dispute because some a###hole extracted your account info from a site you made a purchase from.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:10 PM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Feb 2006
39 Posts
Trader Rating: 40
Hmmmmm 5 hours??

What if the person responded to your add and then went off to work for 8 or 12 hours?? Not everyone can get on a computer at work. You need to give them a day at least, to allow for work or gone for the day. Its only fair. Think about it.

Vince
vpresley is offline Find More Posts by vpresley
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:15 PM
USA, NJ, Stewartsville
Joined Jul 2010
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpresley View Post
What if the person responded to your add and then went off to work for 8 or 12 hours?? Not everyone can get on a computer at work. You need to give them a day at least, to allow for work or gone for the day. Its only fair. Think about it.

Vince
Good point Vince. I guess people that work for a living and can't sit on the computer all day aren't good clientele!
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:40 PM
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,595 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
I understand but I'll take it...isn't quite a contract.
If someone said I'll be unavailable for x hours approx. That works(I've done it myself) but if I did that with no payment and seller sold it to someone else, I would understand.
Just did it 2 days ago and the exact thought..good deal but if he decides to sell to someone in the meantime, no problem.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:57 PM
Eggcellent...
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2006
2,456 Posts
Trader Rating: 137
To me, "I'll take it" constitutes commitment to make the deal. I'll give someone a day or so to follow up, but anyone that disappears without further communication gets permanent membership on the ignore list.

Tom
tewatson is offline Find More Posts by tewatson
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:17 AM
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined May 2009
359 Posts
Trader Rating: 33
Maybe we need to start putting in our ads that the first guy to pay gets it.
hemiblas is offline Find More Posts by hemiblas