Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:59 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,906 Posts
Comments in Blue below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisbahmumtaz View Post
Second, I have a few questions regarding the motion activation. I haven't found these solutions in the FAQ yet, and nobody really have asked this yet (based on my thread search, at least), which is why I'm inquiring:

1. Do you need to turn on the camera first for it to detect motion? That is to say, put it on standby mode?
You just need to press the power button to turn on the camera. When the motion detect function is toggle ON, it will boot into the motion detect mode
2. In standby mode, how much slower is the battery usage rate, if at all slower?
Impossible to answer this since it will depend on whether the camera has detected motion and is recording, or just sitting watching for motion. Recording video takes more power than just watching.
3. When it starts recording after it detects motion, does it show any indication? Like, how it normally flashes three times after you start recording normally?
It will flash the yellow LED about once per second, just like a normal recording, but ONLY IF you have the recording indicator configured to turn on.
4. Is the motion sensitivity any good? Like, how much of a kinetic stimuli would get the camera to start running? A whole hand to run across the screen? Motion-upon-the-camera only? Or is it sensitive to even something like trickling water in the background?
The motion detection function is currently under study and if improvements can be made, they will be made. What it does now was just mentioned in a few prior posts, but this may change. Stay tuned...
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:18 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
I am leaning to unstable Firmware. Never an issue with my Micro Sd card Patrott 8 gb.

With using certain settings, the camera will suffer , shown in earlier video, has not a thing to do with power.

The Sd card must be reformatted via in house. with usb to pc hold shutter, unplug cam, let go shutter cam formats. troubles gone..

Repeated this time after time. and confirm setting, and firmware 49 unstable. my opinion. not user error.
I watched your video demonstration, and unless your voice was out of sync with the video, the sequence between 1:07 and 1:35 your description of what the camera is doing does not match what the LED shows its doing. You mention you turning OFF the camera, yet the LED stays on. Then you do a couple of short button presses without saying anything (the yellow LED stays on the whole time). Then you mention the "solid LED" and point at the camera, but the LED is OFF at that point, not ON. So, I don't know what the "unstable condition" you are showing is supposed to be. When it's understandable, then some testing can be done to see if it's repeatable by others. Until then, it looks like user error in pressing button to me.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:35 AM
Joined Sep 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
No.

The Motion stop recording after 30 seconds of last motion
Let me try to recreate what you're trying to say...

*camera on standby*
*person walks by, and inspects a desk within camera's line of sight*
START RECORD
*2 minutes later, person leaves*
*after 30 seconds...*
STOP RECORD
Total record time, 2min30secs, give or take a few seconds

Is that it? If so, does it go back to standby or does it power off?
nisbahmumtaz is offline Find More Posts by nisbahmumtaz
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:43 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,906 Posts
Quote:

*camera on standby*
START RECORD
*after 30 seconds...*
STOP RECORD

It does not toggle out of motion detect mode... it just goes back to the "watching for motion" state.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:55 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:

*camera on standby*
START RECORD
*after 30 seconds...*
STOP RECORD

As you got it. not all the time wil l the camera work. so it is a great gadget to have nothing more, for me.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:59 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I watched your video demonstration, and unless your voice was out of sync with the video, the sequence between 1:07 and 1:35 your description of what the camera is doing does not match what the LED shows its doing. You mention you turning OFF the camera, yet the LED stays on. Then you do a couple of short button presses without saying anything (the yellow LED stays on the whole time). Then you mention the "solid LED" and point at the camera, but the LED is OFF at that point, not ON. So, I don't know what the "unstable condition" you are showing is supposed to be. When it's understandable, then some testing can be done to see if it's repeatable by others. Until then, it looks like user error in pressing button to me.
Tom

Thank you tom. Many people do video this way, Yes further investigation is needed. to say it is a sd card, we'll try with other one's at a later time, this is unstable as it is the latest and greatest love to see a no fault camera. not a defective unit giving out in short time of constant use
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:27 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Deep breath. Let it out. Do my best to explain, want detail, a video can be shown not hands and items.

1 I have been using my cam as we know it works perfectly. Today of all importance, I blame Tom frank 100% He gets a double grin (JK). No Pun intended, just happens, when we talk about things.

He does not want any footage of a storm his way? I am 100% safe and made it through:

To All on the East coast we hope for the best Prayers out to ALL!.

Sure, I look at my video, I see 100% white screen, thumbnails, I cannot blame this new pc laptop, win 8 SUCKS!

Sound is present, video is not, my guess is ribbon cable came out.

No apologies yet, but heck my bad Tom. Maybe that is the issue cable coming loose ? I'm sorry.

I will reinsert lens D? And see if this fixes the issue.

I will swap out lens D to Lens A and see if this fixes the issue.

If the issue does not get fixed, I will contact seller and go from there. camera just not goes defective like that, sure it can. Oh bla dee, oh bla da. lad da da life goes on.

Unstable firmware well lets hope it is my cam to say I am wrong?

I am thankful this happened now then later,

Problem Solved.

Here is a video fixed the problem\\

KC 808 ribbon cable loose discussion (5 min 32 sec)

Firmware not .
Last edited by fishycomics; Oct 30, 2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:29 PM
Joined Sep 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
It does not toggle out of motion detect mode... it just goes back to the "watching for motion" state.
So...standby mode, then?
The "watching for motion" state is during standby, isn't it?
nisbahmumtaz is offline Find More Posts by nisbahmumtaz
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:23 PM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourbluehorizon View Post
I was anable to download the raw files. Is it possible to edit the #16 files with pinnacle studio?
I am waiting for my #16 to arrive, however if it has the same mov h264 codec that my #11 has, then pinnacle studio will be able to edit it.
antennahead is offline Find More Posts by antennahead
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:30 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,261 Posts
Just more goofing off with the 808 #16D

808 #16D Keychain camera on RC Albatross (5 min 16 sec)
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:13 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XfQXJsmW2w
nice little video in a spectacular (for a Brit ) place.
Thanks
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XfQXJsmW2w

Video is on the cool side, did you adjust fw 49, has a lot of warm in it? Music was soothing, so was the flight, just looked tail heavy due to the lift?

FISH
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:06 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,456 Posts
Based on my limited testing, reds and yellows are undersaturated regardless of setting, while green and blues are good. My guess is that Lee used awb, based on the shifting and sky color.

I gave up trying to find a good 0.49 setting. Easier to fix with edit.
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:28 PM
Joined Oct 2012
17 Posts
Lens B have vignetting , but what with video quality. Are Lens B have better video quality than Lens A?
mas1er is offline Find More Posts by mas1er
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:41 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,499 Posts
I just reset the time display on my 4 #16s, and videod my WWV clock, with these results.. the older V1 cameras run slow... 2 to 4 minutes.. the V2 camera is closer to real time.
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul