HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2010, 08:41 AM
Joined Aug 2005
16 Posts
Help!
robbe u-47 sub.

Hello everyone. I am purchaseing an robbe u-47 from a person. the rod that connects the stern to the forward hull snaped off, can I fit a bayonet ring to this allready bult sub? This sub is an dinamic diving sub right now, I would like to make it a static diving sub, what unit will work well on this sub to make a static diving sub?? I am new to subs .Thanks Charlie.
glasscutter is offline Find More Posts by glasscutter
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2010, 04:47 PM
Sacramento
Joined Mar 2007
946 Posts
Help! robbe u-47 sub.

Here is an example.
Regards,
John
jaguar75 is offline Find More Posts by jaguar75
Old Oct 01, 2010, 08:16 PM
Joined Aug 2005
16 Posts
u-47 sub

Hi John. How does it attach to the hull? How does it work, does it snap togeather? What would you suggest for an static dive system ? is the static dive system difficult to install ? Do they usually come with instructions? Thanks Charlie.
Old Oct 01, 2010, 08:31 PM
Joined Aug 2005
16 Posts
u-47 sub

Hi again john. I noticed that your sub has an tube that slides in the hull,the one I am getting looks like a wooden structure that just slides in the hull. Is this an older model? Am I going to be able to retro fit the bayonet system to my sub that is allready built? Thanks Charlie.
Old Oct 01, 2010, 09:41 PM
Sacramento
Joined Mar 2007
946 Posts
Help! robbe u-47 sub.

It is a fiberglass tube but you can use PVC or polycarbonate tube as well.
Use fiberglass tape and epoxy resin to bond the bayonet and tube together.Easy-Peasy!
Order your bayonet from Matt Thor.He can get you the right stuff!
One of the nicest sub pros!
http://www.precisionpattern.biz/subs/index.htm
Regards,
John
jaguar75 is offline Find More Posts by jaguar75
Old Oct 05, 2010, 09:10 AM
USA, OH, cambridge
Joined Sep 2001
1,003 Posts
Glasscutter,
There are a couple of "systems" you can use for static conversion. The piston system from Engle works great. It uses a geared motor to draw/push a piston to draw water into a cylinder or push it out- surface/dive. Another is the rcabs/rcabs-r systems. They inflate bladders to surface-deflate to dive. This system uses air rather than water for "ballast". Another is the water pump system where you pump water into a tank to dive- pump it out to surface. There is another system used in subs that uses a gas to expell the water from a section of the wtc. However this is for wet hulls not dry hulls like the U-47.
I used the rcabs system on my sub. It pumps the air contained in the "tube" that the hull is built around into the bladders which are wrapped on either side of the "TUBE" but are on the outside between the tube and hull skin. When they inflate with air the boat rises, remove the air and the boat dives. Onboard is a small compressor to do the work along with some valves and electronics. Big Dave's site has what you need as well as Mikes subworks. The subcommittee site has a wealth of info on the subject as well as here on the zone. Do a search for U-47 conversion and you should find several threads. You may want to find someone locally to help as this may be a not so simple thing to do if you are not familiar with the topic.
Good Luck
Frank
fgroza is offline Find More Posts by fgroza
Old Oct 05, 2010, 03:44 PM
Joined Aug 2005
16 Posts
sub

Thanks Again for the info .Charlie.