New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2015, 08:56 PM
Find More Posts by hog2soar
Central California
Joined Jan 2010
1,044 Posts
Loose screw on horizontal stabilizer need fix

I have a loose screw on the front of the removable horizontal stabilizer on my Predator II.

The threads on the screw appear to be good, but won't tighten up. I really don't want to fill the hole in the pedestal, re-drill and tap.

The screw is holding, you can't pull it out without turning the screw, but you can't tighten it.

Anyone have a simple fix for this? I thought possibly silicone on the threads., so it could still be removed if necessary, but the screw would be seated.

Any help would be appreciated.

hog2soar is offline Find More Posts by hog2soar
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2015, 09:44 PM
Find More Posts by bbbp
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
2,767 Posts
remove the screw and put a drop of thin CA glue on the threads. Let it dry then re-thread by inserting the screw a bit, backing out and in a bit more, until it is in all the way.

If you have a metal screw to use for re-tapping that is better.

bbbp is online now Find More Posts by bbbp
Old Aug 04, 2015, 10:55 AM
Find More Posts by Roy_N
United States, WA, Burien
Joined May 2014
202 Posts
Wax the screw. Car wax will work. Place a drop of epoxy on the threads near the tip of the screw and install the screw in the hole with the loose threads. Let the epoxy cure and remove the screw. You mat need to trim the epoxy to get the stab to sit flat on the pedistal when cured.
Roy_N is online now Find More Posts by Roy_N