HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2009, 10:38 AM
RC-Kraut
Joined Feb 2006
1,858 Posts
Video
Micro TwinRay based on Minium Brick+EDFs

Hi - here is the maiden of my TwinRay Micro:

EDIT: Its DivX Videos (codec needed, as freeware available!)

- span 10''
- 26 gr AUW
- 2xEDFs in cones (about 20gr Thrust), about 80% FSA
- Minium Brick (Rx-servo-esc kombi), delta mixed elevons
- 2,4 Ghz DSM
- 130 mAH Fullriver (allowing me just to fly with75% throttle in the vid , a 250 mAh will come... )

I am very limited with the 130 lipo, have blocked my stick at 75% throttle in order not to fall in the voltage cutoff.

THIS THING is THE BEST PLANE I EVER MADE and its so manoeverable. I think with using 100% throttle from the 250 mAh lipo the fun will become infinity. Made my day!

EDIT:second vid, ran into cutoff (same starting sequence showing the plane)
markus
relaxr is offline Find More Posts by relaxr
Last edited by relaxr; Feb 11, 2009 at 08:16 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2009, 04:15 PM
Ft Lauderdale, FL.
Joined Jan 2007
2,242 Posts
Relaxr that is very nice..
What fans are you using?
Machy2k is offline Find More Posts by Machy2k
Old Jan 30, 2009, 06:43 PM
USA
Joined Apr 2007
2,393 Posts
nice i love it. ps space shuttle wing ha
space 1 is offline Find More Posts by space 1
Old Jan 31, 2009, 01:46 AM
RC-Kraut
Joined Feb 2006
1,858 Posts
machy2k - those are the fans from the silverlit/aeroace thunderscream/Thunderjet. Diameter 30mm, 3,5 gr + wires, as far I know 7mm pagers, 1.7 ohm, each giving about 10gr thrust.

Yep see it as a first testbed, this one - more to come.
markus
Old Feb 01, 2009, 11:39 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Oct 2006
477 Posts
Good Job!

I have a 3mm depron profile ME-262 using those fans with paper ducts. (28 gms) First time out I had the fans reversed. Dumb!!! it does fly but of course was turning the wrong way.

I'm just using the jetscream rx and differential thrust. What rx/speedcontrol are you using? How have you set up the control surfaces? (specifics please)

Are you running the two fans off a minium brick in parallel?

see photos. group shot for size reference.
trroadster is offline Find More Posts by trroadster
Old Feb 02, 2009, 01:30 AM
RC-Kraut
Joined Feb 2006
1,858 Posts
Hi - I have linked both fans to a brick, the control surfaces are like in the pic, two elevons with some mm pos reflex. The hinges are from clear glue film ("tesa"), the rods are modded from a minium cessna and glued with shrink tube and CA, finally "sealed" with small drops of "UHU Kraft". The horns are from the cessna, but cut down to 4 mm, the holes were burned in with a small micro needle. Thats it.

I think your idea is nice to go on diffthrust. The me 262 you made after my plans from the AAtoolbox? Its a very well flier on x-twin gear, good choice. Post a vid if possible. Wish you success

In any case I would love to see a vid of your me performing in the air, If you dont mind, give me ashort PM if posted here somewhere. Thanks in advance.
markus
Old Feb 11, 2009, 10:11 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Oct 2006
477 Posts
Guten Abend relaxr.

The 262 was scratch made of 3mm depron from a 3 view I downloaded. I did extend the wing chord by 1mm at the rear to get a bit more flying surface. The size was determined by measuring the SkyForce sorta ME262 which is a proven flyer with it's pusher prop setup. (theres one in the group photo for reference)

It didn't fly too well with the paper ducts and they were easily damaged. I removed them and it flew well but turns were too wide for our flying site. I am making new ducts from the template found on the microjet plan and will try that tomorrow evening.

If it flys I will try to get a video.
Cheers
Don in Canada
Old Feb 11, 2009, 10:15 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Oct 2006
477 Posts
Have a lok here to see an interesting control setup with a minium brick. (not mine but has me thinking)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=1977758