SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 17, 2014, 12:21 AM
^(_MăĻēŜĐ_)^ ЯuĽe U
Greece, Attica, Elefsina
Joined Sep 2010
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowolfs View Post
I fly 2x5000mah 4s zippy compacts.
Fit wirh no problem.
I have the same batteries! Thanks!!
MoRaLeSD is offline Find More Posts by MoRaLeSD
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2014, 06:46 AM
Registered User
United States, FL, Lady Lake
Joined Oct 2013
475 Posts
I am jealous of the space and openness of the land you guys have for flying. A pleasure to see your videos!
Modglock20 is offline Find More Posts by Modglock20
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:31 AM
Preserve our right to FPV !!!!
melsailsnorth's Avatar
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modglock20 View Post
I am jealous of the space and openness of the land you guys have for flying. A pleasure to see your videos!
Agreed!! Was thinking Len and Brenno discovered a whole new way to herd sheep (no dog required, lol)..... Just nothing like a nice calm day like that, flying tandem and soaking-up the sites. Really enjoyed watching it guys!!
melsailsnorth is online now Find More Posts by melsailsnorth
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2014, 06:51 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
170 Posts
Was funny we were 400ish meters away and we could hear them..... baahhhhhrrrr from the paddock but yeah would be a good way for farmers to heard sheep
Len02013 is offline Find More Posts by Len02013
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2014, 07:06 PM
Preserve our right to FPV !!!!
melsailsnorth's Avatar
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len02013 View Post
Was funny we were 400ish meters away and we could hear them..... baahhhhhrrrr from the paddock but yeah would be a good way for farmers to heard sheep
Were you two sharing 1.3 ghz on seperate channels for video or was one on different freq. ?
melsailsnorth is online now Find More Posts by melsailsnorth
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2014, 07:09 PM
Registered User
Brenno's Avatar
Joined Oct 2012
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melsailsnorth View Post
Were you two sharing 1.3 ghz on seperate channels for video or was one on different freq. ?
Len was on 2.4 and I was using 5.8
Because we use orangerx transmitters for RC the 1.3 doesn't like UHF.
Brenno is online now Find More Posts by Brenno
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2014, 09:45 PM
Registered User
New Zealand, Tasman, Kahurangi National Park
Joined Oct 2012
48 Posts
Hi all, Getting setup to build up my Phantom when it arrives and I have a couple of questions. I have scanned and read all the threads here to get ideas for placement of FPV gear. What I will be using is 1.3, 800mwh tx with cpcloverleaf. I know I wiil nedd to place this as far out on a wing as I can. I will be using Dragon link rx and the antenna will be on the opposite wing along with a GPS from the Arkbird AP. I have looked at the pics of yours "melsailsnorth" and think this is the best way to do it all. I thought I would ask the questions and gleen some advise from anyone who may have a similar setup. I realise it is best to remove the heatsink from the RMRC Tx to help with weight. My question is will the heat from the case of the tx cause any effect on the foam? would this be better mounted under the wing or on top? What method of attaching to the foam is recommended. I look forward to any advise.
Thanks
Noah58 is offline Find More Posts by Noah58
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:18 PM
Preserve our right to FPV !!!!
melsailsnorth's Avatar
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah58 View Post
Hi all, Getting setup to build up my Phantom when it arrives and I have a couple of questions. I have scanned and read all the threads here to get ideas for placement of FPV gear. What I will be using is 1.3, 800mwh tx with cpcloverleaf. I know I wiil nedd to place this as far out on a wing as I can. I will be using Dragon link rx and the antenna will be on the opposite wing along with a GPS from the Arkbird AP. I have looked at the pics of yours "melsailsnorth" and think this is the best way to do it all. I thought I would ask the questions and gleen some advise from anyone who may have a similar setup. I realise it is best to remove the heatsink from the RMRC Tx to help with weight. My question is will the heat from the case of the tx cause any effect on the foam? would this be better mounted under the wing or on top? What method of attaching to the foam is recommended. I look forward to any advise.
Thanks
Noah, Congrats on your build! As you have already read, there's a lot of guys here that have really done some incredible things with this airframe and it's really a ton of fun regardless of what you decide to do with it. Lot's of different layouts and they all seem to really do well.

For VTX attachment, I personally prefer coving the Phantom with laminating film for strength and stiffness, so taping things-in becomes a simple affair. tape holds to laminate like no-ones business and never budges! If you don't laminate, get yourself a can of 3M90 and use a very LIGHT dusting along anywhere you need to cover with gorilla tape or colored duct tape (like covering imbedded lines, vtx's, GPS, etc. ). It will insure a super strong bond between your tape and the EPP which will outlast your Phantom. Just make sure that it's really tacky before applying the tape.

Have a great time with your build. All these guys here really know their stuff, so when in doubt, ask away!!
melsailsnorth is online now Find More Posts by melsailsnorth
Last edited by melsailsnorth; Sep 17, 2014 at 10:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2014, 01:53 AM
Registered User
Feivel's Avatar
Joined Jul 2013
121 Posts
Hi yesterday i made my next Phantom Video.

If you are interessted in:
My best of FPV Juli - September 2014 (Phantom, GoPro Hero, Formation) (3 min 54 sec)
;-)
Feivel is online now Find More Posts by Feivel
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:38 AM
Registered User
lucasislost's Avatar
United States, TX, Manvel
Joined May 2014
78 Posts
Has anyone came to any problems with there phantom that they could speak about so we can advoid them.. What is the wing like with say a 1300kv motor and how does it perform with it laminated?
lucasislost is online now Find More Posts by lucasislost
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product NEW flying wings from HObbyking - good for FPV ? i3dm FPV Talk 15 Apr 11, 2014 08:08 PM
Discussion Starting FPV with a flying wing? JYVAI UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 3 Mar 23, 2014 09:49 PM
Discussion The Fury Flyer- 54" Scratch build FPV Flying Wing Bixler13 FPV Talk 7 Mar 10, 2013 11:00 PM
Help! As3x and flying wing airplanes Jyester Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 17 Jan 22, 2013 08:29 PM
Discussion HobbyKing - Fox 2.32m EPO Glider for FPV Cralis FPV Talk 19 Sep 14, 2011 03:24 AM