HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:58 AM
United States, PA, Quakertown
Joined Jan 2012
1,540 Posts
Alert
Post a note to robert pulse

We know you are going for double hernia surgery two days after Christmas
. Been there,done that,twice.Oh,after surgery,you are required to communicate w/this group ASAP. Doctors do not restrict laptop use,just don't lift it
Relax enjoy Christmas and best of luck.
OBW
oldbilgewater is offline Find More Posts by oldbilgewater
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:35 PM
Davenport, Iowa
Joined Apr 2007
1,408 Posts
Planning

I have it all planned out. I have moved all my bigger tools into the basement, drill press, disk sander, band saw, added a table in my computer room so I can do detail work (as soon as I can get my butt out of bed) on my boats. I have some new electrical x-mas presents to install in some of my boats. I have several models to build, I even brought my saw horses and cardboard in so if I really feel up to it I might be able to glass my towboat hull. My wife got me some new sweats and underware so I dont have to wear my grungys to the hospital. so I think Im set. LOL
Robert Pulse is online now Find More Posts by Robert Pulse
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:56 PM
United States, PA, Quakertown
Joined Jan 2012
1,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Pulse View Post
I have it all planned out. I have moved all my bigger tools into the basement, drill press, disk sander, band saw, added a table in my computer room so I can do detail work (as soon as I can get my butt out of bed) on my boats. I have some new electrical x-mas presents to install in some of my boats. I have several models to build, I even brought my saw horses and cardboard in so if I really feel up to it I might be able to glass my towboat hull. My wife got me some new sweats and underware so I dont have to wear my grungys to the hospital. so I think Im set. LOL

HA!!!! So it seems like you wont be needing us at all
The man with a plan Robert Pulse.
OBW
oldbilgewater is offline Find More Posts by oldbilgewater
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:06 PM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Aug 2003
599 Posts
Good luck on your surgery and play boats real soon. Bob SF
Bob SF is online now Find More Posts by Bob SF
Old Dec 25, 2012, 03:38 PM
Raleigh NC
Joined Jul 2008
1,815 Posts
I had one side done a few years back, it was done as day op. not much of a hassle, make sure you take some stuff to keep things loose (trust me you want to do this before and a few days after) make sure you take or have someone give you the pain pills the first day or two(I woke up walked to the bathroom and then realized the pain pills had worn off!!!
tghsmith is online now Find More Posts by tghsmith
Old Dec 25, 2012, 05:27 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,328 Posts
Best of luck Robert. I went through a hernia repair op. earlier this year. Yeah, get your prescription filled before the surgery, and have your wife bring you a bed pillow for the ride home. That pillow really helps!
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:07 PM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
8,783 Posts
Try to relax Cousin, get everything out of it you can ...

Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:46 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,591 Posts
Haven't had to go down that path but can imagine what's ahead. Best of luck & don't flirt too much with the nursing staff!
herrmill is offline Find More Posts by herrmill
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,817 Posts
Rest up and get better post surgery.
Kcal is offline Find More Posts by Kcal
Old Dec 25, 2012, 07:08 PM
Davenport, Iowa
Joined Apr 2007
1,408 Posts
Support

Thanks for all the support. If I cant sit at the computer for an hour or so each day
I'll be like a little kid at bedtime. cant go to bed , might miss something! Im sure it will be fine. Its only a scratch DOC.
Bob
Robert Pulse is online now Find More Posts by Robert Pulse
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:04 PM
Taking care of the pond.
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Apr 2004
7,301 Posts
Make sure you know the difference between a oral thermometer,and a rectal thermometer.
One of them taste bad.
MILLERTIME is offline Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:42 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,817 Posts
And the other one feels bad...
Kcal is offline Find More Posts by Kcal
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:01 PM
Joined Aug 2012
19 Posts
Bob,
Always have someone lift both of your legs at the same time. Have a good soak in the tub if you can before you go..You wouldn't believe how much a shower can miss. You should have some baby wipes for all of your normal cleaning places along with gloves for some small accidents you will have. Ask The doc if you will get a bi-lateral hydro seal from this surgery or a belly button that sticks out.
Exhale before every motion to lessen natural forces amplified by holding your breath. No asprin should be taken during the process or several weeks after or when the doc says.
I have been there and done that. Your life will change for sure. I only do small projects and now have an i-pad mini that helps a lot .
Much Luck
sc
SUGAR COATED is offline Find More Posts by SUGAR COATED
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:12 AM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,286 Posts
Merry Christmas, take care, and take it easy.
Everything in good time.

Umi_Ryuzuki is online now Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:17 AM
Auckland New Zealand
Joined Sep 2010
149 Posts
I'm another who has just had a Bilateral Laproscopical operation 3 weeks ago. My surgeon is a firm believer in getting active as soon as possible, I was doing some light to medium lifting the next day!!! The 10 day checkup was very good, the surgeon was very pleased. There is a little internal swelling in my tummy but it is reducing (just as the surgeon said).

I had a hernia on the left side for 5 years with no real problems, but when the right side failed the pain was too much.
Some pain for 3 days, but not too bad.
It took a couple of days before motions returned to something like normal.

There is a man named Robert in your future who will be thankful for the Op you have just had.

Kevin
KIWINB is offline Find More Posts by KIWINB