HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:38 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j35u5fr34k View Post
Wow. Did you ask them to see if they could restore? Any respectable hosting provider would be able to do this. If not, I would question whether or not I would utilize them again.

Also, what about going to something that supports Tapatalk?
yes, and no they can't restore it. In this case its 'you get what you pay for'

as for tapatalk
a) I'm not changing any software in this migration, just reinstalling from backups. the hard part is actually getting the VPS configured properly
b) joomla/kunena supports tapatalk
c) I'm not sure I want to enable it. The ability to easily post from a phone generally leads to short posts that are either difficult to parse, or contain a very low SNR in my opinion. It isn't like deviationtx contains fast breaking news that needs to be easily accessible wherever you are. I'm still considering whether I should enable it from the last time it was requested.
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:49 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
Yeah. My hosting provider shut down deviationtx because they screwed up my payment (no fault of my own). I'm working on getting it resolved.
rcgroups is a far more reliable place to post code and docs. your is the 3rd sob story this week where source and bins mysteriously disappeared. id suggest you put that stuff back up here. at least for backup. also easier to put it in a zip file than fagments scattered around. i have copies from couple weeks ago if it will help.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:53 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
rcgroups is a far more reliable place to post code and docs. your is the 3rd sob story this week where source and bins mysteriously disappeared. id suggest you put that stuff back up here. i have copies from couple weeks ago if it will help.
We didn't lose any data (except for probably a couple of posts). While RCGroups certainly can hanle more volume, and has beter uptime, it is far too limiting as a forum for a project like deviationtx. So we'll be back soon at the same place we were, and I'll make sure I can prevent this from happening again.
Last edited by PhracturedBlue; Nov 15, 2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:55 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
good to hear you didnt lose anything. even if a tx was not the goal those files are a goldmine for anybody starting out with a7105. thanks for all that work.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:32 PM
flying beam
through the Looking Glass
Joined Apr 2008
1,669 Posts
Quote:
I'm not sure that those radios have an SPI Tx module
Some pics of the 2403 and 2603 module, they resemble the one on the devo 8.

I for one will try the conversion, if you provide the code.

25$ is cheap if I can have 80 % of deviation power and usability.

The TX is gathering dust anyways, it would be a nice take anywhere tx.
blackmoon is offline Find More Posts by blackmoon
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:48 PM
Antibes (FR)
Joined Jan 2010
53 Posts
Quote:
c) I'm not sure I want to enable it. The ability to easily post from a phone generally leads to short posts that are either difficult to parse, or contain a very low SNR in my opinion. It isn't like deviationtx contains fast breaking news that needs to be easily accessible wherever you are.
+1. Sorry for the smartphone guys

Also (very) glad you didn't lose anything. But we all know, good developers do backups. Often. Of everything. Except wife maybe.

MaX.
HornetMaX is offline Find More Posts by HornetMaX
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:12 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,167 Posts
Quote:
We didn't lose any data (except for probably a couple of posts). While RCGroups certainly can hanle more volume, and has beter uptime, it is far too limiting as a forum for a project like deviationtx. So we'll be back soon at the same place we were, and I'll make sure I can prevent this from happening again.
I have an underused dedicated server where you can host it for free if you want. It is run by hostgator in the US. The only thing is that it runs Cpanel under Linux which may not be the system you are using. Anyway, shoot me a pm if you want to try this out sometime in future.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Nov 15, 2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:26 PM
Joined Jul 2009
63 Posts
Yes those are SPI module. The green one does not have power amplifier.
It can use to receive as well. The yellow one looks like have a RF amplifier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmoon View Post
Some pics of the 2403 and 2603 module, they resemble the one on the devo 8.

I for one will try the conversion, if you provide the code.

25$ is cheap if I can have 80 % of deviation power and usability.

The TX is gathering dust anyways, it would be a nice take anywhere tx.
printk is offline Find More Posts by printk
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:12 AM
United States, MI, East Tawas
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
Quote:

as for tapatalk

c) I'm not sure I want to enable it. The ability to easily post from a phone generally leads to short posts that are either difficult to parse, or contain a very low SNR in my opinion. It isn't like deviationtx contains fast breaking news that needs to be easily accessible wherever you are. I'm still considering whether I should enable it from the last time it was requested.
Just playing devils advocate here, I can post a crappy post on deviationtx from my phone with or without Tapatalk using my browser. Tapatalk is a nicety in that I can access all my forums from an easy to use interface. I also think it may help to attract more traffic.

I generally won't post anything unless I have time to make it readable.

I'll put it to rest now as I don't want to irritate or push anyone especially on something so trite.

Posted with Tapatalk.

:beer:
j35u5fr34k is offline Find More Posts by j35u5fr34k
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:27 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Well, deviationtx.com is back up for business. Thanks for your patience. Let me know if you see any issues.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:36 AM
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
Well, deviationtx.com is back up for business. Thanks for your patience. Let me know if you see any issues.
Thank you!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:25 AM
flying beam
through the Looking Glass
Joined Apr 2008
1,669 Posts
yup big thank you, for your commitment.
blackmoon is offline Find More Posts by blackmoon
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:47 AM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Just my 2c regarding tapatalk:

It would ease reading on the go...

But you are right regarding concerns about posting.
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:44 PM
United States, MA, Chelsea
Joined Jul 2012
87 Posts
Are there any videos or step by step guides on how to install this type of software. I am afraid of messing my tx from doing something the wrong way.
vyper2k1 is online now Find More Posts by vyper2k1
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:35 PM
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyper2k1 View Post
Are there any videos or step by step guides on how to install this type of software. I am afraid of messing my tx from doing something the wrong way.
Instructions are listed here:

http://deviationtx.com/release-notes/12-version-1-1-2

You won't brick it.