Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
Mcpx motor on genius is much better then stock motor lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAmfh...e_gdata_player

C05 is fun to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NW...e_gdata_player

So is brushless indoors lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvthx...e_gdata_player

Farmer
That's good to know about the Blade motor.

I'm not even attempting to do 3D or aggressive flying atm, but i'm finding that the stock motor kind of bogs down a fair bit on pitch pumps. I can certainly hear reduced rev's, anyway.

Is this normal?
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2012, 11:58 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
That's good to know about the Blade motor.

I'm not even attempting to do 3D or aggressive flying atm, but i'm finding that the stock motor kind of bogs down a fair bit on pitch pumps. I can certainly hear reduced rev's, anyway.

Is this normal?
Yeah thats normal just have to learn collective management, I fly my stock genius indoors, but im using the hyperion 240 lipo bare cell gives it a bit more power.. Just make sure you let it cool down between flights or it will burn up quickly..

Heres the mcpx motor mounted

Walkera Genius Cp With Blade Mcpx Stock Main Motor (1 min 53 sec)
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Jan 03, 2012, 12:07 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, Farmer.

Yeah, I always fly for 5-6 min's, disconnect, and immediately start blowing on the main motor like a mad Man, then leave around 5 mins between packs.

I do it with all of 'em... It's an OCD thing.. the blowing motor part, anyway. Lol.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 03, 2012, 02:57 AM
Joined Oct 2010
54 Posts
Quote:
Mcpx motor on genius is much better then stock motor lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAmfh...e_gdata_player

C05 is fun to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NW...e_gdata_player

So is brushless indoors lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvthx...e_gdata_player

Farmer
How do you isolate engine vibration mcpX? ...
I really could give a little more time to fly, but I discarded by this problem, and the little power difference I noticed in my case ... I thought it not worth it but, I will try again.
txipicopter is offline Find More Posts by txipicopter
Old Jan 03, 2012, 03:11 AM
Big Island of Hawaii
Joined Jan 2011
247 Posts
Dave I am about to order a couple of spare mains for my pair of GCPs. Both are brushed. Is the MCPX motor a better choice than stock? More power and lasts longer? Have to put on the GCP pinion?
Can it be purchased without pinion, if so where?

Thanks,
RD

Good to see U here.
rldeveer is offline Find More Posts by rldeveer
Last edited by rldeveer; Jan 03, 2012 at 03:16 AM.
Old Jan 03, 2012, 03:41 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
927 Posts
They only sell it with the pinion, l'm using the gcp 9t pinion, mine don't vibrate did you use the mcpx pinion or bend the shaft installing the gcp pinion? I would use a brand new main gear aswell, any wear will cause vibrations. Mesh has to be perfect too..

The genius motor is a coreless motor, the mcpx is a brushed motor. You will need to break in the mcpx motor with low voltage in distiled water or the comutator and brushes wont seat right and cause major vibes.

Sounds complicated but its not.
Old Jan 03, 2012, 05:09 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Wow Dave is alive in rcg again welcome back!!
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Jan 03, 2012, 06:09 AM
Joined Oct 2010
54 Posts
Quote:
They only sell it with the pinion, l'm using the gcp 9t pinion, mine don't vibrate did you use the mcpx pinion or bend the shaft installing the gcp pinion? I would use a brand new main gear aswell, any wear will cause vibrations. Mesh has to be perfect too..

The genius motor is a coreless motor, the mcpx is a brushed motor. You will need to break in the mcpx motor with low voltage in distiled water or the comutator and brushes wont seat right and cause major vibes.

Does not have tooth pinion mcpX smaller? ... How do you match? ... Could you put picture? ...

Sorry if I can ever seem ungrateful, is due to the language ... Always the greatest respect for you and my gratitude.

Greetings and good flights.
Old Jan 03, 2012, 06:42 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by txipicopter View Post
Does not have tooth pinion mcpX smaller? ... How do you match? ... Could you put picture? ...

Sorry if I can ever seem ungrateful, is due to the language ... Always the greatest respect for you and my gratitude.

Im a bit confused on what you want to see a picture of? What language do you speak? Maybe if you type it in your native language, so its easier for you to explain? and I will use google translate to read your post and reply

Hope it will help

Btw I love your new outdoor 3d at night video on youtube, using your go pro camera

I posted your video in the begining of this thread so others can watch it

Bestest regards

Farmer

Lol yes oncefly im alive and will be back again soon

Hope you enjoyed your holidays oncefly
Old Jan 03, 2012, 10:41 AM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,647 Posts
Quote:

I had some down time yesterday and tried to install my mCPX main motor. Bought gear puller and stock gear came right off. Went to put the pinion on the mCPX motor and had one of a time. Tried pressing, heating the pinion, wound up hammering the pinion on. Bent the shaft of course, blew out the back of the motor. Only good thing was that the motor was less than $10.
How would one successfully get the pinion on?
Will the mCPX work OK with stock batteries?
Otherwise it was really nice to get the stock motor back together and fly finally last night.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Jan 03, 2012, 10:43 AM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by txipicopter View Post

Don't ever worry about your native language. I think it's really cool to see someone from another part of the world enjoy the same hobby. We're all here to help.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Jan 03, 2012, 07:23 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:

Lol yes oncefly im alive and will be back again soon

Hope you enjoyed your holidays oncefly
I see you have relocated to new house? Nice!!
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Jan 03, 2012, 11:56 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike View Post
Don't ever worry about your native language. I think it's really cool to see someone from another part of the world enjoy the same hobby. We're all here to help.
Mike
Very true mike, I was just wanting him to post in his native language so it would be easier for him to explain and I would use google translate to help him sorry if it came out wrong just thought it would be easier for him.

I speak spanish and italian is any of them ur native language buddy?

I really want to help u resolve the mcpx motor vide issue

Regards

Farmer Pickle.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 02:57 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
Thanks for the clarification, Farmer.

Yeah, I always fly for 5-6 min's, disconnect, and immediately start blowing on the main motor like a mad Man, then leave around 5 mins between packs.

I do it with all of 'em... It's an OCD thing.. the blowing motor part, anyway. Lol.
Lol damo666 you have a great sense of humar

Heres my vid on how to bullet proof your stock walkera genius cp servos with an easy to do internal servo saver mod. That I so far have more flights then I can count on theses servos never stripped a gear again or burnt the pot from over extending the arms since :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUmii...e_gdata_player

I really hope it can help yall to because servos are expensive lol

If my video confuses you and you need help with the mod pm me or post it here

Ill try to reply asap :thumbup:

Farmer Pickle
Old Jan 04, 2012, 03:48 AM
Joined Oct 2010
54 Posts
Quote:

Ok... Lo intentaré.

¿Que piñón usa con el motor mcpX?
¿Que es GCP 9t?... ¿El original de el genius?...

Yo tenía vibraciones y no era capaz de volar en invertido, solo vuelo normal con mucha dificultad.