SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:45 PM
Living in the south of France
Joined Aug 2011
446 Posts
Well back from the model field, after my Lancasters maiden flight in gusty cross wind conditions, now i understand the reluctance to release the HK replica, when mine arrived not being used to depron and polystyrene it sat in it's box, waiting to be 'resurrected' from it's dusty grave, but once i started to build it i actually enjoyed it !!! 4 over powerful motors and controllers, an electric retractable undercarriage tons of glue and paint, as i wasn't really expecting it to fly,,,,
i lined it across the runway as i didn't fit working rudders so i had to take off across the 10 meter wide runway it took off into the blue yonder a tiny bit of down trim on the elevators and i retracted the undercarriage, Majestic,,, a 5 minute fly around then wheels down, a crosswind landing and a round of applause from the 'die hard' balsa builders as surprised as me at it's performance,,,
even at 1.48 kilos, no sweat, it flew on it's 6 x 3 props at 1/3 gaz so Mr HK,
It's GOTTA BE GOOD to beat this one so well done to Greenairdesigns this is a real winner,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
paulinfrance is offline Find More Posts by paulinfrance
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2012, 06:39 PM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,608 Posts
Glad your build went well.....delay has nothing to do with flight performance, which is very good, we had ESC issue's and some detail issue's, getting the paint right turned out to be a nightmare the successive Pantones never looked right as their colour changed when applied to the foam, so it has taken a lot of time to get the paint anywhere close to accurate.....which has now been achieved, it has been given the green light for mass production and I should be showing you the completed model in a round 2 weeks, it will be available very shortly after that.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Apr 01, 2012, 09:58 PM
Cold Lake, Alberta
Joined May 2010
128 Posts
Perfect, should have enough scratch saved up by then!
lebl468 is offline Find More Posts by lebl468
Old Apr 02, 2012, 01:29 AM
Joined Feb 2012
147 Posts
Hey Scott thanks for the update ...
Spitfiresmacka is offline Find More Posts by Spitfiresmacka
Old Apr 02, 2012, 01:59 AM
Living in the south of France
Joined Aug 2011
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix racing View Post
Glad your build went well.....delay has nothing to do with flight performance, which is very good, we had ESC issue's and some detail issue's, getting the paint right turned out to be a nightmare the successive Pantones never looked right as their colour changed when applied to the foam, so it has taken a lot of time to get the paint anywhere close to accurate.....which has now been achieved, it has been given the green light for mass production and I should be showing you the completed model in a round 2 weeks, it will be available very shortly after that.
Maybe like me, you can use a couple of these;
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html
paulinfrance is offline Find More Posts by paulinfrance
Old Apr 02, 2012, 06:05 AM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
Quote:
Great news, thanks a lot!!!

Beginning to hold my breath now...

Cheers,
Bernhard
Beltpilot is offline Find More Posts by Beltpilot
Old Apr 02, 2012, 07:07 AM
The faster the better!
Southern England
Joined Jan 2009
1,730 Posts
Glad to hear its on it way Scott can't wait
TLMARK is offline Find More Posts by TLMARK
Old Apr 02, 2012, 07:08 AM
Oh no, not again!
United States, LA, Carencro
Joined Dec 2005
5,338 Posts
Thanks for the update Scott. Good news indeed. Jeff
jhspring is online now Find More Posts by jhspring
Old Apr 02, 2012, 08:54 AM
Australia, QLD, Oxenford
Joined Oct 2010
2,032 Posts
Déjà vu

Quote:
Sounds all to familiar!!!
I remember hearing this about four months ago!!!

I would like to get one of these, but I won't until I see spare parts available.

I'm still waiting for spare props for my Durafly Corsair, Mustang and T-28. Been waiting over a month now!!

Plus still waiting for my Vampire that I ordered on the 9th of January!!!

LURCH

P.S. so what happened to all the ones that were already made??
taz101 is online now Find More Posts by taz101
Last edited by taz101; Apr 02, 2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:13 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
Joined Mar 2007
2,608 Posts
I am not apologising for delaying something while we get it right. I do believe that as we have not tried to sell it to you yet, we can hardly be accused of mis-leading you in some way. The delays have been unfortunate, I will admit, but hardly by design, manufacturing goes this way sometimes.

Spares for the Durafly 1100mm models have arrived and will be available this week, can't comment on your Vampire but I believe I did offer to ask CS to look at it.

Those in the picture? Crusher.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:19 AM
Toronto
Joined Jun 2007
476 Posts
Quote:
Ah, what a shame! We could test fly them for you, if you want Scott??!!

Great to hear you are taking this launch so seriously and getting all the details right. Thank you!
sihinch is online now Find More Posts by sihinch
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:26 AM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
Crusher really! Damn.

Were they condemned for paint or some structural issues?
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:33 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
Joined Mar 2007
2,608 Posts
Paint.....you don't think I am going to let the factory think they can get away with re-painting them do you!
Old Apr 02, 2012, 10:03 AM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
Incorrect paint job Blow out! Kit no electronics!
Blowin'em out cheap!
Come and get um' Boys!!!!

You know we would scoop them up. We can't resist a Blow out sale!

Scott thanks for sticking around i enjoy your company. And your YouTube Vids, Spot on!

It needs to be said! Walter
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:40 AM
SCCA, EAA, M.E.
USA, KY, Verona
Joined Nov 2001
3,063 Posts
Quote:
I am not apologising for delaying something while we get it right. I do believe that as we have not tried to sell it to you yet, we can hardly be accused of mis-leading you in some way. The delays have been unfortunate, I will admit, but hardly by design, manufacturing goes this way sometimes.

Spares for the Durafly 1100mm models have arrived and will be available this week, can't comment on your Vampire but I believe I did offer to ask CS to look at it.

What scale will this work out to be? I don't like the current trend of building to a size rather than a scale and I'm not a huge lanc fan, but it has a horribly complicated landing gear that I might want to make. I did the He-111 gear which is complicated, and this is more so.....
spinnetti is offline Find More Posts by spinnetti