HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 03:18 PM
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Oct 2014
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Dale View Post
HOLY CRAP!!!
Well it sounds like a motor slows down than a opposite motor throttling up to do something!!
First I would look and see if the compass moves when you throttle up.. to see if there is some kind of magnetic interference!! usually you can just watch the compass as you start the motors and then throttle up to almost lift off!!! if it is getting some kind of magnetic interference the compass will start spinning!!

But you say you can take off in 2D hold? can you show a movie of taking off in 2d Hold... hovering then flipping to Loiter!
The video clip that I posted was an edit from a longer video. I'll upload that now. It shows me flying around. All hovering was done in loiter mode.

I'm wondering if the ESCs could be a problem? It looks like it will take a bit to upload, so give me a few and it will upload.

Compass isn't moving whatsoever. It's completely stationary.

Thanks for the input!

I do have a 5ghz bosscam video tx, but I wouldn't think 5ghz would interfere... I need to put the frame back together (landing gear broke in that crash,) and I'll try again.

Ian
ianpugh is online now Find More Posts by ianpugh
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 03:25 PM
Zero Cash Money
United States, CA, NORTHRIDGE
Joined Nov 2013
2,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianpugh View Post
The video clip that I posted was an edit from a longer video. I'll upload that now. It shows me flying around. All hovering was done in loiter mode.

I'm wondering if the ESCs could be a problem? It looks like it will take a bit to upload, so give me a few and it will upload.

Compass isn't moving whatsoever. It's completely stationary.

Thanks for the input!

I do have a 5ghz bosscam video tx, but I wouldn't think 5ghz would interfere... I need to put the frame back together (landing gear broke in that crash,) and I'll try again.

Ian
I see you are in a cold weather area... 2 thoughts come to mind.. 1 going from a warm house to cold outside can cause the IMU to malfunction... sometimes by letting it acclimate to the cold air would help... 2 maybe a cold solder joint... the cold air mite cause it to fail!!
D Dale is online now Find More Posts by D Dale
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 03:29 PM
Joined Oct 2014
308 Posts
Quote:
I see you are in a cold weather area... 2 thoughts come to mind.. 1 going from a warm house to cold outside can cause the IMU to malfunction... sometimes by letting it acclimate to the cold air would help... 2 maybe a cold solder joint... the cold air mite cause it to fail!!
Thanks! It's not too terribly bad here in Oklahoma, we just recently had some snow. It's about 40* F outside right now, so I'd be surprised if it's a solder issue.

I'm questioning the ESCs now.... I have some DJI Opto 30A escs I could use. I currently have Turnigy Plush 25A with blheli... hmmm..

Full video is uploading now.

Ian
Old Today, 03:39 PM
Joined Oct 2014
308 Posts
Here's the full video.

It is still processing at the time I'm posting this, but it should be ready shortly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3h6...ature=youtu.be
Old Today, 03:43 PM
Zero Cash Money
Joined Nov 2013
2,052 Posts
Quote:
Thanks! It's not too terribly bad here in Oklahoma, we just recently had some snow. It's about 40* F outside right now, so I'd be surprised if it's a solder issue.

I'm questioning the ESCs now.... I have some DJI Opto 30A escs I could use. I currently have Turnigy Plush 25A with blheli... hmmm..

Full video is uploading now.

Ian
Yes I would try those DJI esc... pain in the butt.... but if it works then you know which way to go!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 03:48 PM
Zero Cash Money
Joined Nov 2013
2,052 Posts
Quote:
Here's the full video.

It is still processing at the time I'm posting this, but it should be ready shortly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3h6...ature=youtu.be
Just watched this... I think you are right... mite be a bad esc or cold solder joint it just lost power to the right motor...
Loiter would have nothing to do with that crash..
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 03:58 PM
Joined Oct 2014
308 Posts
Quote:
Just watched this... I think you are right... mite be a bad esc or cold solder joint it just lost power to the right motor...
Loiter would have nothing to do with that crash..
Thanks!

I'll try the dji opto escs and see what happens. I'll post an update tonight after I try them.

Ian