Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM
Find More Posts by fishface5
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Oct 2014
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougV View Post
Nice take-off.

Here's my take-off with no flaps for take-off or landing.
Easiest Jet to fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAXABT_KwUc

Doug
Sure would be nice to land everything like that. Very nice
fishface5 is offline Find More Posts by fishface5
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM
Find More Posts by Suenaga
Jim Lafferty
United States, CA, Redlands
Joined Feb 2014
2,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpatrick View Post
Thanks guys!
My wife took the video, it was very sharp on her camera, you could see all the details with the gear retract and all. I don't know why it turned so grainy when uploaded to Utube.
She's pretty good at getting the right angles.

So I used about a 3/4 throttle setting.
I have flaps on a 3 way switch. Clean, take off (about 8 degrees) and full flaps, which is all the flaps I can get the servos to give.
I used the take off setting of about 8 degrees.

I held down elevator for a bit at half throttle for the roll. Then I slowly go up to 3/4 throttle and go neutral stick, the nose gear just naturally lifts off. By the time I get to 3/4 throttle its leaving the ground and I just pitch up a tiny bit for climb rate.
I was going for the illusion that the plane was heavy and had to labor into the air like a real plane. This is why I used the throttle like that.
Thanks--the first part of the take-off must be missing in the video as most I've seen take about 6 seconds from first throttle to rotation---I think your's must have just the last couple seconds recorded which confused me into thinking you had a much quicker take-off/

Thanks

Jim
Suenaga is offline Find More Posts by Suenaga
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM
Find More Posts by mkpatrick
mkpatrick
Joined Mar 2011
1,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suenaga View Post
Thanks--the first part of the take-off must be missing in the video as most I've seen take about 6 seconds from first throttle to rotation---I think your's must have just the last couple seconds recorded which confused me into thinking you had a much quicker take-off/

Thanks

Jim
Yeah the video for some reason was way less quality after I uploaded it. I can't figure that out, it was recorded in 1080P.
mkpatrick is online now Find More Posts by mkpatrick