New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2015, 08:30 AM
Find More Posts by JediKnight2
I'm Bonafide!
Wilmington, NC
Joined Aug 2005
1,512 Posts
Here's a video of my Sbus issue....I've even flashed the newest firmware to my Rx. Flashed the latest FrSky firmware to my radio, I've tried OpenTx 2.0.15 as well. The video cuts short, but i was basically saying nothing's working on the Sbus...LOL

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B71...ew?usp=sharing
JediKnight2 is online now Find More Posts by JediKnight2
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:10 AM
Find More Posts by kapu
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Dec 2013
323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moody07747 View Post
Will double check the arduino code, GUI shows it's active and my switches are mapped properly, but yeah last flight, I flipped it to position hold, took my hands off the sticks, and it drifted 10 feet to the right before I took control again.
When you say "drift", it is important to clarify if you mean that you have a position fix that wanders over time, or if you have oscillation back and forth. The latter is probably tunable with PIDs, the former maybe, maybe not. GPS performance varies with geographical location, cloud cover, and wind conditions of course, but you should not expect GPS hold to be perfectly precise. You need to test in a safe location and conditions (preferably calm winds) where you can let it do it's thing and see what the hold radius really is. Mine works very well, but I would consider +/- 10 lateral feet to be a good hold. GPS hold is not something you can safely use close to the ground or other obstacles (neither is alt hold).

One way to see what the actual position fix drift is (as opposed to the PID correction drift) is to use a GUI in the field, like the android EZ GUI ground station, and see how it does on the ground. Pull up the map display, and see how much the GPS track wanders when the multirotor is sitting still. You will never be able to improve on that performance with tuning. It can be quite different on different days and locations, depending on the satellite signal reception.
kapu is offline Find More Posts by kapu
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:13 AM
Find More Posts by kapu
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Dec 2013
323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlremr View Post
When does GPS establish the HOME location, when battery is plugged in or when
ARM is selected.
John
Home position is set at arming. It can't happen at power up, because it takes time to get a sat fix. If you arm before you have a good fix, you may get a bad home position. If you want to reset home, just rearm.
kapu is offline Find More Posts by kapu
Old Apr 23, 2015, 09:06 PM
Find More Posts by JediKnight2
I'm Bonafide!
Wilmington, NC
Joined Aug 2005
1,512 Posts
I believe I found my SBUS issue....I do NOT think I did this when I soldered the pin header on. I use minimal heat and have soldered much finer components than a pin header....I might try to get this back on, but I don't know if I can trust it...It will fly fine in non-SBUS mode though so the board isn't totally toast and can make a good backup I guess. The resistor checks out OK, it's just not on the pads on one end, the other end is soldered to the pad. Basically, my SBUS signal isn't getting through to the RX port. I don't have a reflow station either so it's going to be a PAIN to work on if I decide to fix it.
JediKnight2 is online now Find More Posts by JediKnight2
Last edited by JediKnight2; Apr 23, 2015 at 09:25 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:19 AM
Find More Posts by umdpru
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Jun 2006
1,622 Posts
you don't need a reflow station to fix that. A decent SMALL soldering iron tip set at the right temperature and quick work with the iron and tweezers would fix it.
umdpru is offline Find More Posts by umdpru
Old May 06, 2015, 08:10 PM
Find More Posts by heeroyuy241
Joined Mar 2015
36 Posts
I'm having a big problem,I have a tricopter with the whitespy pro 3 board multiwii 2.3. When I attempt to move the rear servo it will only move in one direction. For example if I move the rudder to the right, the servo moves left as it should. But when I move the rudder to the left It does not move from the center point.

Has anyone else come across something like this? Its a brand new servo! emax9
heeroyuy241 is offline Find More Posts by heeroyuy241
Last edited by heeroyuy241; May 06, 2015 at 08:18 PM.