New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 09, 2015, 07:02 PM
Find More Posts by Kev71H
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
4,686 Posts
Discussion
Attn! R/C Bikes DEMO at LAGUNA SECA 2015! 7/17/2015 WORLD SUPERBIKE Races

We are pround to announce the following!

RCMCC and SoCal riders clubs. I have arranged for us to DEMO our R/C bikes for the 2015 ENI FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP at Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway

When: July 17-19, 2015

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/fim-supe...d-championship

These arrangements have been in the works for many weeks.

I have contacted Mazda Laguna Seca raceway and the marketing director returned my call and emails. They did indeed accept my offer to DEMO our RC bikes there as a community service awareness regarding family fun. As non profitable semi-organized RC Bike clubs we have been given a place to set up 3-4 Ten Foot pop-up tents with free display privileges of our liking!!!

There is also talks of a TV Promo to promote the Race using real Superbike Riders and our R/C bikes! (no details or dates given yet)

We (Selected R/C bikers) get tickets into the 3 day race/ parking privileges and a decent (although a little small) space to Demo our bikes. ** we will be sharing space with the Stunt Bike club(s) who also will be displaying**

This is sure to be a good shot in the arm regarding promoting our wonderful R/C bike passion!!! Static Displays will be set up and cards will be printed out for contact inforamtion for anyone who has more interest in our beloved hobby.

We are sooo excited to announce this mile-stone in our RC bike hobby. Truly a great opportunity for us here in the USA to show up at this WORLD Superbike International Challenge.

TV Times: Race will be broadcast on the beIN network.

Tickets: To purchase tickets, please click here. https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/mrl...y/quickbuy/179

Gates: Gates open at 7 a.m. July 17-19, 2015

We had a conference call last night and many important people attended via video and phone via a GoTo Meeting phone and video conference call. It was as fun to talk about up and coming things for 2015.

Here are some pics of where we will be.

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

Kevin (and supporting R/C bikers from (RCMCC and SoCal Riders)
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Last edited by Kev71H; Jul 02, 2015 at 07:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2015, 07:40 PM
Find More Posts by dshy
United States, WA, Kirkland
Joined Sep 2014
129 Posts
Nice work Kev!!!
dshy is online now Find More Posts by dshy
Old Mar 09, 2015, 07:48 PM
Find More Posts by Nolan Farmer
United States, CO, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2006
313 Posts
Great work Kev! I went to the 1990 Motogp there and can't wait to get back! I took my RC Bikes to the local MRA Road racing club events several times last year. It was a great place with lots of pavement and bikers to stir up interest. The Kids came swarming out of the pits and were all over me the first time I pulled them out.
You can count me in!
Nolan Farmer is offline Find More Posts by Nolan Farmer
Old Mar 09, 2015, 07:58 PM
Joined Apr 2002
4,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshy View Post
Nice work Kev!!!
Thanks buddy, This should help all of us to get more attention for the bikes.
Old Mar 09, 2015, 08:00 PM
Joined Apr 2002
4,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan Farmer View Post
Great work Kev! I went to the 1990 Motogp there and can't wait to get back! I took my RC Bikes to the local MRA Road racing club events several times last year. It was a great place with lots of pavement and bikers to stir up interest. The Kids came swarming out of the pits and were all over me the first time I pulled them out.
You can count me in!

Nolan: thanks bro... I expect that we will get alot of looks with our stuff.

Note: VERY limited supply of tickets. We won't have enough to go around, but of course they are available to purchase. Worked hard on getting admissions/parking. More details soon.

Kevin
Old Mar 10, 2015, 02:35 AM
Find More Posts by edi.winter
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,216 Posts
Do you get a chance to set up a track and do some demo racing too?
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Old Mar 10, 2015, 02:39 AM
Find More Posts by steliosh
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,540 Posts
wow! Incredible! Wonderful!!!!!!!!! Well done Kevin !!!!!!!!!!!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Mar 10, 2015, 06:44 AM
Find More Posts by japtj2000
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2008
130 Posts
Good job Kevin. I have been in Laguna Seca twice watching MotoGP races. Actually I have gone there riding my real bike from Texas.😃😃. Race atmosphere there is great. Thousands of bikers.
That will be lots of fun and very good push for RC bike world in the USA.. Congrats Nice effort.
japtj2000 is online now Find More Posts by japtj2000
Old Mar 10, 2015, 09:26 AM
Find More Posts by Guidoracer
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2004
3,471 Posts
edi: We've heard a couple of different estimates on how big the demo area is, from 100'x30' to 400'x50', so we don't really know yet how much space we have to work with. Also, since we'll be sharing the area with the stunt bike team (alternating use of the space), we need to be able to set up and take down for our demo time pretty quickly, so we're thinking just a few cones or corner markers -- just enough for either a simple oval or an oval with with a chicane on one straight (a kidney?). So, we can do some simple demo racing, but it will be far from showing off the real capabilities of a 1:5 bike. But it is exposure and the crowd will get a small taste of what they can do.

We're still trying to get more info from Mazda Speedway's PR department, like crowd barriers and surface condition, but we'll definitely be there showing off our 1:5, 1:8, and dirt bikes.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Mar 10, 2015, 09:40 AM
Joined Apr 2002
4,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
edi: We've heard a couple of different estimates on how big the demo area is, from 100'x30' to 400'x50', so we don't really know yet how much space we have to work with. Also, since we'll be sharing the area with the stunt bike team (alternating use of the space), we need to be able to set up and take down for our demo time pretty quickly, so we're thinking just a few cones or corner markers -- just enough for either a simple oval or an oval with with a chicane on one straight (a kidney?). So, we can do some simple demo racing, but it will be far from showing off the real capabilities of a 1:5 bike. But it is exposure and the crowd will get a small taste of what they can do.

We're still trying to get more info from Mazda Speedway's PR department, like crowd barriers and surface condition, but we'll definitely be there showing off our 1:5, 1:8, and dirt bikes.
Thanks guys,

Lito is correct. The woman I speak to seems to be less than possitive on the actual square footage we will be sharing with the stunt bikers.

However if you look at the map of where the stunt bikers have been put.... the space we will share looks workable to run the bikes in. (it looks to be bigger than what we had to work with at RCX For sure)

I personally have not seen stunt bikers live before so the open area they need I have not seen in person yet.

Kev.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 09:49 AM
Joined Apr 2002
4,686 Posts
If you look at the scale of the square area highlighted in yellow compared to the 3 grassy areas accross from it ..... it seems like a decent area to run the bikes. Knowing that may may not be to scale I did provide some pics of the grassy areas for comparrison.
Kev
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:11 AM
Find More Posts by edi.winter
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,216 Posts
Okay it is 90 m long and about 20 m wide. Looks a bit sandy.
But if stuntbikers are there, they might clear it up.
With 90 meters long straight you could bring a bike up to
150kph easily. Its just a bit narrow and dangerous at the ends
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:32 AM
Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
2,015 Posts
Good job Kev. Hope it turns out well for you guys.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Mar 10, 2015, 03:09 PM
Joined Apr 2002
4,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter View Post
Okay it is 90 m long and about 20 m wide. Looks a bit sandy.
But if stuntbikers are there, they might clear it up.
With 90 meters long straight you could bring a bike up to
150kph easily. Its just a bit narrow and dangerous at the ends
We hope you are correct Edi.

@JohnnyMC - Thanks buddy.

We all are very excited about it. I would like to thank ALL the guys stepping up to the plate on arranging their time and efforts for this opportunity to represent. Thanks fellas!

We will have assigned volenteering MC's to announce (I will be happy to also) explaining the capabilities of these bikes, what they are, and how they turn/brake/etc. It's going to be awesome.

Kevin
www.RCMCConline.com
Old Mar 10, 2015, 06:12 PM
Find More Posts by rskip
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2006
331 Posts
Darn it Kev, you made me jealous. Congrats and I'll be looking forward to the reporting. Hopefully the budget will allow for me to stop by the nats this year.

-rskip
rskip is offline Find More Posts by rskip