New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2016, 07:13 AM
Find More Posts by getsuyoubi
United States, NY, New York
Joined Sep 2013
601 Posts
You get these amazing results using rattle cans? Wow! What brand do you use?
getsuyoubi is online now Find More Posts by getsuyoubi
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2016, 04:20 PM
Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,735 Posts
I did use Tamiya for the CH-139 but there was an in-compatibility with the primer. I am going with custom automotive paint that will be put in a rattle can this time around and then using a flat clear for the MH-6 and a semi-gloss for the new CH-139. Good luck with yours.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Feb 05, 2016, 06:15 PM
Find More Posts by krc59diesel
use mike while supplies last
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2013
343 Posts
the automotive rattle can paint works really well. i was very happy with the results. low cost and excellent finish!
krc59diesel is online now Find More Posts by krc59diesel
Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM
Find More Posts by skinny642
United States, OH, Somerset
Joined Jul 2009
14 Posts
Here is where I am now. Wondering about running the light to the top of the vertical tail and being able to keep the wire hidden
skinny642 is offline Find More Posts by skinny642
Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM
Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,735 Posts
You need to be very careful when installing the wires. Your best plan of attack is to feed a set of wires down from the top to a hole made in the area that will be covered by the tail cone area. It is balsa under the layer of glass so be careful when doing final installation as to not crush the wood. It will take a lot of patience to feed the wires but you can do it. I used a 5mm red LED that I attached to the wires after feeding. I have the crimper and wire tools to make new ends so I did that after getting the wire and LED in place. Use canopy glue to hold the LED in place which will make future work a lot easier. Also use the same glue to fix the red lens to the top of the tail. If the pictures are not in this thread, they are in the original Jet Ranger build I did. Have fun.

Don

PS: You can see the various landing gear that I had JestRR make for these projects of mine. He can rarely be found outside the ScaleRCHelis.com forum but it is worth popping on there and looking him up as he makes them around this time of the year. He didn't make the full length steel skids for my CH-139, I did, but if you are thinking about those, he might be coerced into make them, lol.
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger