United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
623 Posts
Slice 'n Dice...

...once again......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles51 View Post
Hi Guys

Got one of these after my Pitts became airframe expired !!.

It flew great but the Peak has me scratching my head.
I have been shagging about trying to get the elevator trim sorted but I am now at the stage that it think it is could be an incidence problem

After playing around with battery position, front, back and in between
no C o G adjustment can get the need for a ton of up elevator trim. sorted.

Any thoughts from the Group on where to start , horizontal stab or top wing. The 5mm lower front incidence in the top wing has got me interested .

Cheers
Tony
It's been a couple of years but I decided to take action against the D-3D's angle of the dangle, or the factory horiz stab incidence offset......

Raised the stab about 1/4", or 5mm, & the results are in. This bird now flies even better than before... Highly recommend this not-so-typical mod for these low $ PNP ships. Virtually all up elevator trim is gone & she flies neutral when inverted. I cross-sighted the wing tips against the elevator & that's how I got stab parallel to to each other. Definitely helps with KE flite since most all coupling has disappeared as well......

Still flyin' the snot of mine almost on weekly basis over the last few years. She's a bit worn but she's still kickin' ass as my go-to aeorbatic beast......
RCAV8T0R is offline Find More Posts by RCAV8T0R
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2015, 08:52 AM
Find More Posts by TJGriff15
Joined Sep 2014
17 Posts
My Pitts had the same issue. I added more down thrust with washers behind the motor mount. But that has issues. Coupling in knife edge is really pronounced. Can you please post pictures of what you did? I would like to do it to the Pitts. I still fly that very often. Thanks.
TJGriff15 is offline Find More Posts by TJGriff15