HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Kiesling, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:03 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Jun 2005
1,284 Posts
I was looking for if you had to sign up for the next TS cycle before a contest or not. We have a sanctioned contest for the next TS cycle and want to make sure we all know what the rule is. I am CDing and can bring signup forms if that works.

Cory
corsha99 is offline Find More Posts by corsha99
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:28 AM
Jim C
Joined Sep 2009
1,473 Posts
I hope we go with "register prior to the contest" this cycle. Last cycle we allowed the "wow I placed high enough, I guess I will join the program" method. This cycle the process should be well known.
ShadowFalken is offline Find More Posts by ShadowFalken
Old Aug 14, 2012, 04:26 PM
United States, AZ, Arizona City
Joined Sep 2001
5,011 Posts
Guys,

Please don't take this as a criticism. As a new CD, I want to make certain that our contests get on the schedule and results are posted. And I even have some emails from kind folks pointing out the obvious to me.

I know that if I go thru all 106 pages, that detailed information is contained in there somewhere, what to submit, who to submit it to, how early, how to find the calendar, etc.

Rather than go thru the posts, I thought "it must be on the first page".or a specific reference to where to go. And sure enough, it directs one to "www.F3K.us" and there is lots of good info there.

Could the info for CD's be a bit more obvious and organized? Perhaps along the order of: specific info on completely getting a contest onto the calendar (who to send it to, what format, that sort of thing) and how to report contest results (same kind of info).

For your consideration

And yes, if appropriate, responses that say "it's completely obvious to the most casual observer that the information is _______".

Gary
GaryO is offline Find More Posts by GaryO
Old Aug 14, 2012, 05:31 PM
I'm all about that bass
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
15,316 Posts
Gary,

The f3k.us website isn't the best. We are working on getting it updated, I have had some help, but still isn't there yet.

If you email usaf3k "@t" gmail "d0t" com with your request to put something on the calendar and or the results that works very well. Format I like best is Excel but I have even hand typed data in from iphone shots of the score sheets printed at contests if I had to.

Ryan
rdwoebke is online now Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:00 AM
Joined Sep 2001
5,011 Posts
Tom,

Perhaps this could be edited to one of your posts at the beginning of the thread.

Thanks Ryan, that is pretty much what I'd figured out, good to have confirmation.

Gary
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:52 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryO View Post
Tom,

Perhaps this could be edited to one of your posts at the beginning of the thread.

Thanks Ryan, that is pretty much what I'd figured out, good to have confirmation.

Gary
added
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:07 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,712 Posts
This is the 2013 F3K USA TEAM www.TeamUSAF3K.com
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:32 AM
China, Henan, Zhengzhou
Joined Oct 2012
20 Posts
we are looking for a suited platform for DLG flying , but without a perfect answer.
Icyhouse is offline Find More Posts by Icyhouse
Old Jul 21, 2014, 09:17 PM
Joined Sep 2001
5,011 Posts
I just went to the calendar to see what events were listed, and it looks like only the Nats has a time blocked out.

Are CD's supposed to register contests somewhere else?

Gary

Other than the AMA, of course.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:45 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,320 Posts
Gary,

Go to F3K.us
go to the USA F3K Events tab
On the left click on the Register Your Event tab
That will bring up a page with the instructions on how to register your event with Oleg.

There is also a tab listing what the up coming events are.

Hope this helps.
Tom
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:53 PM
Joined Sep 2001
5,011 Posts
Tom,

Add to the team portal, page 1?

Thanks,

Gary