SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 17, 2008, 08:01 AM
Israel
Joined Oct 2007
94 Posts
Discussion
GWS 4ch Rx fit Ascent glider?

hey...
will a Gws 4ch receiver fit on e-flite ascent glider?
http://www.aeromicro.com/Catalog/gws...ba__791009.htm
thank's
YotFlow is offline Find More Posts by YotFlow
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2008, 09:57 AM
Flyin' Ryan
USA, MO, Lee's Summit
Joined Sep 2001
980 Posts
Yes, it will fit, but it may not be the best rx for the Ascent. I have a couple GWS rxs, a 4 and a 6 ch. I only use them in indoor and other planes that won't get too far away. I once flew an Estarter with a 4ch GWS to the limits of a normal area for that size plane(maybe 800-1000'), and it was fine, as long as I was the only one flying, and in a otherwise non busy RF area. But if you are planning on flying with other people, and are going to fly the Ascent in a sailplane like manner, a better reciever is worth the investment. I have an older JR600 in mine, and I have flown it to the limits of visabilty without a problem. The Ascent is a good flyer, and can get pretty far away in good conditions. The extra $20 for a good reciever is well worth the peace of mind.

Ryan
rycomm is offline Find More Posts by rycomm
Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:22 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,906 Posts
A small in size, but much better receiver in my experience is the Berg 4 for $35 including a free crystal.

http://www.aeromicro.com/Catalog/ber...al_1908593.htm

R/E
rud-elev is offline Find More Posts by rud-elev
Old Jul 17, 2008, 04:31 PM
To many projects
USA, AZ, Litchfield Park
Joined Aug 2004
1,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rycomm
Yes, it will fit, but it may not be the best rx for the Ascent. I have a couple GWS rxs, a 4 and a 6 ch. I only use them in indoor and other planes that won't get too far away. I once flew an Estarter with a 4ch GWS to the limits of a normal area for that size plane(maybe 800-1000'), and it was fine, as long as I was the only one flying, and in a otherwise non busy RF area. But if you are planning on flying with other people, and are going to fly the Ascent in a sailplane like manner, a better reciever is worth the investment. I have an older JR600 in mine, and I have flown it to the limits of visabilty without a problem. The Ascent is a good flyer, and can get pretty far away in good conditions. The extra $20 for a good reciever is well worth the peace of mind.

Ryan
I concur %100 and a lesson quickly learned, I tried a Sombra Labs 5 ch and had good luck with that also. On sale at 29$ w/xtal and programmer, delivered.
66tbird is offline Find More Posts by 66tbird
Old Jul 17, 2008, 10:27 PM
Flyin' Ryan
USA, MO, Lee's Summit
Joined Sep 2001
980 Posts
I have several Bergs, and they are bulletproof. That and they are made about 20 miles from here, so it helps the local economy. That's my story anyway.

Ryan
rycomm is offline Find More Posts by rycomm