HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2014, 05:18 PM
Joined Sep 2012
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
Hmm.. you are explaining why the PPM port of your lowest budget TXes aren't appropriate but instead getting "sick of the quadcrapter" ?

That's what I call a general refusal of technical analysis.

I'm out for sure now.

-mike-
Mike... i don't think i understand your tone or the meaning of your question.
When i said "sick of this quadcrapter" is was just expressing my frustration. I really don't see how it may offended you or anyone else.
And actually, i've allready did a little port hacking (jumper) on the two left, connectores and i managed to get signal and binding. So the PPM is appropriate, the cable not so much...
I also notice that the props are not tight to the motor shaft... one little touch with a finger and they stop spining. I don't know if that's normal, but i don't think so, so i add a little drop of glue to see if resolves the "lack of power" issue.
And yes, maybe the Tx'x aren't "top of the line" but the vendor said they were both compatible, and it's what i got... I guess each person has his own hobby budget.

But if you're out, i'm sorry to hear that. Thanks for your help.

Cheers...

(edit just now) - Finally i got the quad flying. : )
Afonso is offline Find More Posts by Afonso
Last edited by Afonso; Dec 05, 2014 at 05:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2014, 05:33 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Oct 2013
167 Posts
Hi Guys,

New Q Bot owner here and having a bit of a issue getting this flying and I'm not sure why. First of all Im trying to use this with the new DJI Phantom Remote that has the trainer port on it. It accepts the headphone jack style cable similar to the JR Style radios.

At first when I connected it all I would get is two Red lights on the RF module both the F/J/W light and the Signal light where red. When doing this I was turning the radio on first then the RF module. Now by reversing that operation: RF Module First and Radio second I now get the F/j/W Light to light up a solid green but the signal light is still red. I tried hitting the mode button the RF module and no luck.

So basiclly here is what Im doing:

1) RF Module connected to trainer port with the single JR style cable
2) Turn on the RF Module using its internal power so that the DJI Radio seems to recognize it.
3) Plug in battery to the Q Bot Micro
4) Green Light on Q Bot flashes 4-5x and then blinks rapidly several times and all 4 rotors spin and stop.

This is as far as I get as the sticks on my radio dont do anything and the signal light on the RF transmitter is solid red
Vegas_Sirk is online now Find More Posts by Vegas_Sirk
Old Dec 09, 2014, 04:08 AM
Australia, QLD, Townsville
Joined Feb 2013
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Sirk View Post
Hi Guys,

New Q Bot owner here and having a bit of a issue getting this flying and I'm not sure why. First of all Im trying to use this with the new DJI Phantom Remote that has the trainer port on it. It accepts the headphone jack style cable similar to the JR Style radios.

At first when I connected it all I would get is two Red lights on the RF module both the F/J/W light and the Signal light where red. When doing this I was turning the radio on first then the RF module. Now by reversing that operation: RF Module First and Radio second I now get the F/j/W Light to light up a solid green but the signal light is still red. I tried hitting the mode button the RF module and no luck.

2) Turn on the RF Module using its internal power so that the DJI Radio seems to recognize it.
4) Green Light on Q Bot flashes 4-5x and then blinks rapidly several times and all 4 rotors spin and stop.

This is as far as I get as the sticks on my radio dont do anything and the signal light on the RF transmitter is solid red
The problem is a limitation of the JR port.... it does not disable the native transmitter RF module, so the Q-Bot adapter will not output a signal of it's own.

If your transmiiter has a removable rf module in the back; then simply remove it and the Q-Bot adapter will then emit a signal. (Look closely at the instruction sheet and note that the JR transmiiter has an empty bay in it's back... obscure documentation!

The Futaba port has more pins; it will power the adapter and disable any other radio module; two big advantages to the Futaba port.
IanPellant is offline Find More Posts by IanPellant
Old Dec 09, 2014, 01:57 PM
Joined Sep 2012
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Sirk View Post
Hi Guys,

HI.

It seems like your not getting the black box tx signal through your tx.
Have you ever tried that TX with a simulator? If not, do so. If it does work maybe the problem is with the cable that came with the qbot.
If it doesn't work, well thats the confirmation that the signal isn t really passing through. In order to work, when you plug the cable jack, the tx should automaticly turn it self on.
In that case maybe you need a different cable or hack the trasnmitter like i did.

Hope it helps.
Afonso is offline Find More Posts by Afonso
Old Dec 09, 2014, 02:23 PM
Joined Oct 2013
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afonso View Post
HI.

It seems like your not getting the black box tx signal through your tx.
Have you ever tried that TX with a simulator? If not, do so. If it does work maybe the problem is with the cable that came with the qbot.
If it doesn't work, well thats the confirmation that the signal isn t really passing through. In order to work, when you plug the cable jack, the tx should automaticly turn it self on.
In that case maybe you need a different cable or hack the trasnmitter like i did.

Hope it helps.
Im guessing its the DJI Tx as the trainer port on it is really new (just came out with it on the Phantom 2 version 2 revision) and there is little to no documentation on it or how it works. (I spent a few hours looking yesterday)

I get my new Futuba 14 SG today or tomorrow in the mail so when that comes in I'll try it on that and see what happens. If it works with that I'm guessing the Trainer Port isnt active yet.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 08:07 PM
Joined Oct 2013
167 Posts
Hi guys ... got it flying today with my new Futaba 14SG however having one issue. The Yaw control is backwards.

I see in the manual that your suppose to go in and set it up in Plane Mode and then adjust the controller to PPM transmit format and set up a END Point and Reverse settings .... I have looked through the menus and have no idea how to do this. Anyone have any input?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 09:32 PM
Joined Aug 2014
14 Posts
A few questions about Q-bot:
Is there a way to get self-leveling through flashing a firmware etc?
Is the TX usable for other any other micro quads (after hubsans controler, flying with a taranis really nice)?
Compatible prop guards?
kosmarnik is offline Find More Posts by kosmarnik