HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:46 AM
Sweden
Joined Apr 2002
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer View Post
I just put some cheap wooden blades on mine. They were thinner than stock so I made two aluminum spacer/washers on my lathe. They work fine. Even without a lathe it would be pretty easy to fabricate little washers out of aluminum or plastic. You could stack them if you had to.
Thanks for the tip. I'll try to get some better blades than the abs ones.
Today, I've been experimenting a bit with the throttle and pitch curves.
I have tried the throttle settings I use on my CopterX 450, but it's too agressive for the X3. I reverted to the factory settings for the throttle. This is what gives best results.
For the pitch I found there was way too much negative at 0 throttle (normal hover mode, not idle up), so I've modified a bit this and adjusted by a few % the rest of the curve. I think the heli is more pleasant to fly now.
Too bad, the weather here makes it impossible to fly outside these days
JeffT is offline Find More Posts by JeffT
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:01 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,622 Posts
What pitch curve %?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
Thanks for the tip. I'll try to get some better blades than the abs ones.
Today, I've been experimenting a bit with the throttle and pitch curves.
I have tried the throttle settings I use on my CopterX 450, but it's too agressive for the X3. I reverted to the factory settings for the throttle. This is what gives best results.
For the pitch I found there was way too much negative at 0 throttle (normal hover mode, not idle up), so I've modified a bit this and adjusted by a few % the rest of the curve. I think the heli is more pleasant to fly now.
Too bad, the weather here makes it impossible to fly outside these days
After playing around with pitch and throttle curves as well as CaptJac's modified curves I also decided that at this stage of my learning curve stock is best for both, although I did change D/R and EXP values as well as gyro and agility settings on the RX.

What did you adjust the normal mode pitch curve %'s to?
Pa flyer is online now Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:28 PM
Sweden
Joined Apr 2002
153 Posts
Quote:
After playing around with pitch and throttle curves as well as CaptJac's modified curves I also decided that at this stage of my learning curve stock is best for both, although I did change D/R and EXP values as well as gyro and agility settings on the RX.

What did you adjust the normal mode pitch curve %'s to?
Pitch curve: 48 - 52 - 55 - 60 - 65
I don't recommend this as being better, but that works fine for me
That's my 3rd cp heli after a CopterX 450 and a Walkera 120D05. She flies as well as the 450, and is more stable. The Walkera was a kind of disappointment. Someday it would fly great, but the next time it would not even hover properly. Finally all the servos burnt one day when I plugged the battery. It stayed on a shelf for months. I finally decided to order new servos...
The X3 is a better value for money imho.

Did you increase or decrease the amount of expo? I thought some more would be good, especially to soften a bit the reactions when flying indoor in a limited space. Walls are coming too fast sometimes
JeffT is offline Find More Posts by JeffT
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:01 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,622 Posts
Expo setting

Quote:
Pitch curve: 48 - 52 - 55 - 60 - 65
I don't recommend this as being better, but that works fine for me
That's my 3rd cp heli after a CopterX 450 and a Walkera 120D05. She flies as well as the 450, and is more stable. The Walkera was a kind of disappointment. Someday it would fly great, but the next time it would not even hover properly. Finally all the servos burnt one day when I plugged the battery. It stayed on a shelf for months. I finally decided to order new servos...
The X3 is a better value for money imho.

Did you increase or decrease the amount of expo? I thought some more would be good, especially to soften a bit the reactions when flying indoor in a limited space. Walls are coming too fast sometimes
I increased the expo from the factory setting of -10 to +35 and lowered the D/R from the factory setting of 35 to 30.

I'm a Noob at 6 ch and from everything I've read (unless I've got it backwards) my settings should make it less sensitive close to center stick rather than much more sensitive, which it is. I like it to respond with minimal stick movement so that I'm not chasing it and playing catch-up.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:49 PM
Australia, NSW, Central Coast
Joined Nov 2012
30 Posts
Well i put in some hitec 65mg servos for the cyclic and noticed they were turning opposite way to skyartec ones so reversed all the channels except for the rudder which had original servo.i set up swash so it looked level and checked servo movements all appeared to be moving correctly.
when i tried to take off it just flipped backwards and to the right.i noticed the swag arms bearings had collapsed and the screws bent- i dont know if these were already damaged from from a previous crash.
when i move the heli in my hand im not sure the gyro is leveling quite as it should.
Would there be some kind of programming issue like its speciffically set for skyartec servo and would need changing for the hitecs?
could it be my leaving rudder original ?and reversing rest of channels causes some conflict in software?
Iam thinking of going back to original servos does anyone know where to get gear sets instead of full servo?
Iam new to these so i know im making errors dont know anyone to teach me so im learning the hard way! These forums are a great help though thanks
Jamie6662 is offline Find More Posts by Jamie6662
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:54 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Broken rotor holder push rod

Hi from a new member in snowy Finland,
The rod in my brand new X3V broke before first liftoff due to a misaligned thread. Have a look at the attachment.

Cheers
Peter
peterand is offline Find More Posts by peterand
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:15 AM
Joined Oct 2007
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie6662 View Post
Well i put in some hitec 65mg servos for the cyclic and noticed they were turning opposite way to skyartec ones so reversed all the channels except for the rudder which had original servo.i set up swash so it looked level and checked servo movements all appeared to be moving correctly.
when i tried to take off it just flipped backwards and to the right.i noticed the swag arms bearings had collapsed and the screws bent- i dont know if these were already damaged from from a previous crash.
when i move the heli in my hand im not sure the gyro is leveling quite as it should.
Would there be some kind of programming issue like its speciffically set for skyartec servo and would need changing for the hitecs?
could it be my leaving rudder original ?and reversing rest of channels causes some conflict in software?
Iam thinking of going back to original servos does anyone know where to get gear sets instead of full servo?
Iam new to these so i know im making errors dont know anyone to teach me so im learning the hard way! These forums are a great help though thanks
I found out that these XL-9 servos are the same as the X3V cyclic ones.
There is a metal gear version (only the 2 last gears are in fact metal gears) and spare gears are available.
http://www.rcworld.co.uk/acatalog/Ne...vo-Spares.html

Also plastic gear set and output arms sets available.
Look for XL-9 (plastic) and XL-9HM (metal) sets
robins22 is offline Find More Posts by robins22
Last edited by robins22; Jan 02, 2013 at 04:30 AM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:37 PM
freexgroup
Joined Feb 2006
392 Posts
New upgrade parts for wasp x3v

this is new parts for x3v.Now it is avaliable.
skyartec is offline Find More Posts by skyartec
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:16 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,622 Posts
What's new?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyartec View Post
this is new parts for x3v.Now it is avaliable.
Could you give some more details, please? What exactly is new? The side shelves? Thanks.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:37 PM
freexgroup
Joined Feb 2006
392 Posts
Yes, now we use two pcs alumi cnc parts and POM cnc with new bearings.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:26 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,622 Posts
A shortcoming of the Wasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterand View Post
Hi from a new member in snowy Finland,
The rod in my brand new X3V broke before first liftoff due to a misaligned thread. Have a look at the attachment.

Cheers
Peter
Those connectors for blade pitch are actually beefier than the ones from the servos to the swashplate. I have had brand new ones split when trying to thread them on. I put shrink tubing over them to strengthen them now.

Another weak point that you'll find is the tiny screws for the swag arms. They will bend from the slightest crash. However, if they're bent slightly and the swag arm isn't binding it doesn't seem to affect the flight.

That being said, I'm very happy with the Wasp X3V fbl and think that it's hard to beat for the price.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:54 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
.......Thanks for the tip. I'll try to get some better blades than the abs ones.............
Many of the recent posters might have overlooked the review that was the first post of this chain of posts and responses.
At the end of the review we have a video of the X3V FBL in 3D flight using the stock ABS blades, stock servos, stock hardware and battery.
Thought some of you might like to see it, if you hadn't seen it :

Park RC Skyartec WASP X3V Flybarless RC Helicopter (4 min 30 sec)
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Parkflying; Jan 04, 2013 at 04:05 AM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:26 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Well I'm not happy ended up having to buy a new X303V Rx myself as I gave up waiting on Skyartec's Australian dealer to respond to James request for them to send me a new replacement one which I had to buy from them, so I put it in and then I finally got to try the X3 V tonight after finally finishing everything to do with holidays etc.

Started it up everything worked fine till I moved the throttle and the servos went nuts and jammed up and I shut it down.

Checked everything and all is fine with the wiring and with the Tx also tried the Cessna's Tx loaded up the I:6 model and the saved settings for it as well and the same thing as you throttle up the servos tilt the swash either backwards or forwards to the right and then go ballistic and jam up but without throttle all servos work fine.

any thoughts or is my heli just doomed.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:29 AM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Quote:
Those connectors for blade pitch are actually beefier than the ones from the servos to the swashplate. I have had brand new ones split when trying to thread them on. I put shrink tubing over them to strengthen them now.

Another weak point that you'll find is the tiny screws for the swag arms. They will bend from the slightest crash. However, if they're bent slightly and the swag arm isn't binding it doesn't seem to affect the flight.

That being said, I'm very happy with the Wasp X3V fbl and think that it's hard to beat for the price.
Thanks for the hints Pa flyer. Yes, the screws for the swag arms were bent as well (see attachment).
The local distributor kindly gave me a brand new replacement X3V so everything is ok now.
You are right, after some minor crashes with the replacement unit, one of the screws is bent.
peterand is offline Find More Posts by peterand
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:23 AM
freexgroup
Joined Feb 2006
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Well I'm not happy ended up having to buy a new X303V Rx myself as I gave up waiting on Skyartec's Australian dealer to respond to James request for them to send me a new replacement one which I had to buy from them, so I put it in and then I finally got to try the X3 V tonight after finally finishing everything to do with holidays etc.

Started it up everything worked fine till I moved the throttle and the servos went nuts and jammed up and I shut it down.

Checked everything and all is fine with the wiring and with the Tx also tried the Cessna's Tx loaded up the I:6 model and the saved settings for it as well and the same thing as you throttle up the servos tilt the swash either backwards or forwards to the right and then go ballistic and jam up but without throttle all servos work fine.

any thoughts or is my heli just doomed.

1.X303V is programable and upgraded gyro board,so you need to program x303v for x3v. (I am not sure if it is x3s or x3v)

2,x3v momery is 4,but not 6

SYSTEM software

http://www.skyartec.com/Download.asp...TEM%20software
Last edited by skyartec; Jan 04, 2013 at 10:28 AM.