SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 19, 2014, 02:10 PM
United States, KS, Wichita
Joined Feb 2008
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1 View Post
Here is the latest news from Graupner USA. This is the response I received from Graupner USA. Wish there was better news.

Graupner USA
www.openhobby.com
"No Micro Magic for the short term here in the US. We tried to interest several dealers but the minimum order quantity and price points for some out of reach. "

I am going to ask them if they can be purchased on line from anyone that has them and see what they say.
That's in line with what I've been hearing. They want a large minimum order and that has scared off some potential retailers.
flatlandsailor is offline Find More Posts by flatlandsailor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2014, 02:10 PM
I meant to do that....
United States, CA, Upland
Joined Dec 2005
372 Posts
Thanks Boomer. Sad news indeed.
crashnburned is offline Find More Posts by crashnburned
Old Sep 19, 2014, 02:40 PM
United States, WV, Martinsburg
Joined Dec 2005
358 Posts
Not an encouraging answer at all..oh well
habutti is offline Find More Posts by habutti
Old Sep 19, 2014, 06:20 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,564 Posts
If anyone is desperate for one, I do have an extra Racing version kit - new in the original box. It was one of the last MM's in the US inventory. It got it in the event that they don't come back.

I have two so if someone is hot for one let me know. I had planned on building it this fall, but have 4 other boats I am working on so, time will tell when I get to it.

Frankly, I don't think there is another boat that sails as quite as well as these little guys do, pound for pound and inch for inch! The DF 65's are pretty cool and are really popular, but for me the MM still gets my vote.

I have a CR 610 in my shop under construction, which I am hoping turns out to be a close 2nd to the MM. If the 610 sails even close to it's big brother the CR 914 it will be a winner!

Boomer
Boomer1 is online now Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Sep 19, 2014, 07:28 PM
United States, KS, Wichita
Joined Feb 2008
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1 View Post
If anyone is desperate for one, I do have an extra Racing version kit - new in the original box. It was one of the last MM's in the US inventory. It got it in the event that they don't come back.

I have two so if someone is hot for one let me know. I had planned on building it this fall, but have 4 other boats I am working on so, time will tell when I get to it.

Frankly, I don't think there is another boat that sails as quite as well as these little guys do, pound for pound and inch for inch! The DF 65's are pretty cool and are really popular, but for me the MM still gets my vote.

I have a CR 610 in my shop under construction, which I am hoping turns out to be a close 2nd to the MM. If the 610 sails even close to it's big brother the CR 914 it will be a winner!

Boomer
As I've stated before, both are great boats (DF and MM) but I agree with you Boomer. The MM is just an exceptional boat and there's an excellent reason that they have been so popular for some time. I've owned and sailed many classes over the past 10 years or so (Seawind, Micro Magic, CR914, Victoria, Infnity 54, Star 45 and now the DF) and as you say, pound for pound it is my favorite. It's just a blast to sail. They all have their strong points for sure though.

I honestly just don't think Graupner SJ truly understands how popular the MM has been (at last count around 7000 registered with the class worldwide and in a dozen countries or more.... Again--it will be a real shame if it doesn't come back.
flatlandsailor is offline Find More Posts by flatlandsailor
Old Sep 19, 2014, 09:49 PM
USA, VA, Powhatan
Joined Nov 2010
46 Posts
Anyone know where you can find MM parts ? boom ends, blocks, goosenecks ? thanks, Fox
foxwyck is online now Find More Posts by foxwyck
Old Sep 20, 2014, 06:57 AM
United States, WV, Martinsburg
Joined Dec 2005
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwyck View Post
Anyone know where you can find MM parts ? boom ends, blocks, goosenecks ? thanks, Fox
Perhaps the Brits may have what you need. If I remember correctly they are modifying the DF rig for it. Not sure what's available locally here in the USA. I do know that the new Class Secretary have NIB boats available for sale.
habutti is offline Find More Posts by habutti
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:26 AM
Joined May 2006
375 Posts
Micro Magic spare parts

There are some MM spare parts here: http://www.racingmicromagic.nl/racin...page=1&lang=EN

I doubt all of them are original parts.
tb47 is offline Find More Posts by tb47
Old Sep 21, 2014, 02:13 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,828 Posts
The ARTR seems to be in stock here, in the UK (Britain):

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/...agic-artr.html

The kit is shown as out of stock, which implies they keep it up to date:

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/...o_1_G2014.html

Best to check first, of course. The expected delivery date link is of no real use, except for things they restock regularly, so you'd need to email them.

Some of the spares are showing as in stock too:

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/...ht-spares.html

and

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/..._fittings.html

I hadn't noticed before, but they show prices in US dollars and Euros, as well as GBP. They do ship internationally, via airmail and UPS:

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/info.html

That's the best site I've come across for general model boats, parts and fittings. They have an impressive variety of stock, so it might be worth looking around the site to see if you want anything else, if you order from there. It takes a while. The search facility works fairly well, e.g.:

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/...N=quick+search

I try not to order from them too often because I end up spending way too much money
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Sep 25, 2014, 03:17 PM
toyboatskipper
Germany, BW, Stuttgart
Joined Mar 2012
48 Posts
Some news...

Hi,

just a short and small but I think at least positive sign:

Some days ago (around 9-10 Sept) suddenly there had been a first but just small amount of delivery of some new RTR-rMMs in Germany.

Just from one day to another. No info about it from SJ-Graupner , no samples seen before. I do not know if also in other European countries some shops got some boats (e.g. Mike Weston in GBR?), but in our german MM-forum we got info from a shop in Berlin which got three boats and sent us some pics of what is coming out of the box:

http://www.micromagic-segeln.de/foru...59850#pid59850

post #63

The shop also got some spare parts, see pic in post #66

(So far I know they also sent oversea if asked for)

What can be seen from these pics? As promised by the last samples already back in 2013, nearly one long year ago (you got pics from it as well), RTR now looks very close to Mike Westons CHAMP version, which was the target.

So far only the sail suit looks to be still made from the somewhat not very suitable material as it was given in the last RTR serie. No Icarex from the last original rMM-kits as wished.
But anything else seems to be realized:
cMM fin with rMM lead in MMI configuration, cMM rudder, shortend rig layout for better allround abilities with 6 and 5 mm masttube (hopefully just the top section from 5 mm - not clearly visible in the pic), no third servo / jib sheet adjustment anymore, rudder rod linkage and in accordance new RC-layout inside the boat for better space and placement of batterie.

The shop owner reports about so far visible good workmanship of this boat and that he is very satisfied about it so far.

The next set of delivery is claimed for end of Nov 2014.

I do not know about delivery in USA. Graupner-USA is a somewhat own company with own rules I was told some time ago, thus they maybe have different business matters. E.g. when I try to visit their US shop-website, I will be redirected just to the german site… No chance to see what they offer… Global playing ,-)

Regards

Thomas
Thomas MM GER15 is offline Find More Posts by Thomas MM GER15
Last edited by Thomas MM GER15; Sep 25, 2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2014, 08:09 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,564 Posts
Thanks Thomas - now I have to go translate all those posts
Thank you Google!
Boomer
Boomer1 is online now Find More Posts by Boomer1