New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 22, 2015, 03:37 PM
Find More Posts by Rcflyyer1
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Dec 2010
363 Posts
Discussion
AR610 vs AR6210

I was wondering which Spektrum receiver I should use for my glow powered airplanes. Currently, I have an AR600 in my P-47 60 with a 90-size four stroke engine, and I have another AR600 in an F-20 prop-jet which has a 60 size two stroke.

Lately, I have been reading up online about the benefits of a dual receiver setup and I'm starting to loose some piece of mind. I fly at a model airfield with a runway running west to east. Usually the pattern is counter-clockwise (wind permitting), so we land from left to right. What makes me a bit nervous is on final, the engine is in- front of the receiver until the airplane reaches the foot of the runway which could create signal blockage for a few seconds.

I do understand that the AR600 has an extended antenna that runs out quite a ways to separate the two from each other while the AR6200 has four short antennas. Wouldn't the receivers be achieving the exact same thing since the antennas are at an equal distance away from each other?

Currently I have the short antenna running across the fuselage and the long antenna going down the fuselage. Is this setup correct? I need some piece of mind.

Thanks,
Adam
Rcflyyer1 is offline Find More Posts by Rcflyyer1
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2015, 03:43 PM
Find More Posts by freechip
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
25,954 Posts
Personally two heads are usually better than one, I don't know what tx your using but regardless I always go for receivers with remote receiver(s) in my big models to give me that antenna diversity.

But since you didn't mentioned ever having issues with the AR600 in similar models there really shouldn't be any concerns just because of what you read.. If your personal experience is a positive one why worry about what you may have read....

Good luck and have fun.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Apr 22, 2015, 03:46 PM
Joined Dec 2010
363 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Personally two heads are usually better than one, I don't know what tx your using but regardless I always go for receivers with remote receiver(s) in my big models to give me that antenna diversity.
Hi, currently I am using a Spektrum DX7S and the transmitter/receivers are running Spektrum DSMX. Would you say that my current receiver setup has a potential risk of signal loss?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 03:48 PM
Find More Posts by freechip
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
25,954 Posts
Anything has a risk, so many factors can come into play with installation being the most important. You are already aware of the potential that your motor could be in the line of signal from what you posted so why not just go with the unit with remote...
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Apr 22, 2015, 05:43 PM
Joined Dec 2010
363 Posts
Alrighty I will look at the 6210s. Since I have had a pleasant experience with the AR600, I guess I will stick with those and will purchase the AR6210 for my future models. Thanks freechip!
Last edited by Rcflyyer1; Apr 22, 2015 at 05:50 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 07:17 AM
Find More Posts by Daedalus66
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
17,936 Posts
Just to correct one point. The AR6200 and 6210 with satellite receiver have a total of two antennas, not four. Each unit has a dipole antenna consisting of two elements (wires), but it's just one antenna. The AR600 and 610 use a pair of monopole antennas.

By the way, the AR600 is a DSMX receiver, despite its numbering. It was released before DSMX was announced and only identified as DSMX after the announcement.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66