Old Yesterday, 03:24 AM
Find More Posts by FPVsummituk
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
3,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
Yep it works really good on the beach or in a large field, but as soon as you go behind a couple hills the vtx signal is pretty much gone. I have no idea how far it'll go LOS, maybe 1.5 miles. Ezuhf gives up before then on low. I have an sdr and I've notived there's tons of noise on 900. 1.2 and 1.3, although relatively "quiet", are illegal to use without a ham license here. Is 2.4 worth considering for better penetration?
Do you actually need a ham license............ you are usually driving miles away from anyone, the equipment isn't that powerfull, especially when 10" off the ground,.....you will probably only run for 3/4hour every couple of weeks.........who the hell is going to know.......by the time anything is picked up, you will have shut down and gone home.....
Here in the UK, I can only officially use 1360mhz, but at times I often use 1280mhz if it gives a better reception in that location.
FPVsummituk is online now Find More Posts by FPVsummituk
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM
Find More Posts by Joecool73
United States, MD, Baltimore
Joined Mar 2014
142 Posts
this is my remote controlled lawn mower, I call it a dromow. I've been using it for about 2 months now. works great I'll never cut the grass by hand again. I've also FPVed it so I can cut grass from my living room sofa as opposed to LOS. since this video I added some chains for the rear tires and a more fabrication to the frame to hold the motor arms better. Works great now.

Dromow cutting the grass in the back yard (3 min 50 sec)
Joecool73 is online now Find More Posts by Joecool73
Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
3,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool73 View Post
this is my remote controlled lawn mower, I call it a dromow. I've been using it for about 2 months now. works great I'll never cut the grass by hand again. I've also FPVed it so I can cut grass from my living room sofa as opposed to LOS. since this video I added some chains for the rear tires and a more fabrication to the frame to hold the motor arms better. Works great now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C60i...e_gdata_player
Now that's my kind of mower..........

But I do love Traxx's 6x6 Summit mower...........
FPV RC mower Last cut of 2014 (3 min 4 sec)
Last edited by FPVsummituk; Yesterday at 03:45 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM
Joined Mar 2014
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVsummituk View Post
Now that's my kind of mower..........

But I do love Traxx's 6x6 Summit mower...........
http://youtu.be/1_veXg3TUpc

Yeah that is very cool. I have a modified Slash 4x4 that runs on 6S . Ive thought about something myself along those lines. Ive only been FPVing for about 2 months or so and once I got my Headplay HDs 2 weeks ago, it now seems Im FPVing everything now. My lawnmower, trucks and quads. It is very addictive. In my opinion FPVing your gear is the most fun you can have in this hobby. I just read that Spektrum is coming out with a 1000 oz torque 1/5 scale servo this fall for about 200 bucks. Im thinking of using one of those to put some better steering in my dromow. It has front casters, so it has a zero turn radius but I want more like my Traxxas slash.
Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM
Find More Posts by philthyy
UAV Integrations
United States, WA, Battle Ground
Joined Nov 2005
2,279 Posts
Hitec already sells a wicked powerful super rugged servo that would be perfect for your mower. Unfortunately it's also $430...

HS-1000SGT Servo -
Max Torque: 1,528 oz-in.
Max Speed: 0.19 sec/60
$424.99
philthyy is offline Find More Posts by philthyy
Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM
Joined Mar 2014
142 Posts
yeah I've seen that one and the tonega but they are very expensive. the spektrum is the cheapest I've seen for a 1000 oz torque or more servo
Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM
Find More Posts by Einhander
Joined Feb 2015
26 Posts
Quote:
Do you actually need a ham license............ you are usually driving miles away from anyone, the equipment isn't that powerfull, especially when 10" off the ground,.....you will probably only run for 3/4hour every couple of weeks.........who the hell is going to know.......by the time anything is picked up, you will have shut down and gone home.....
Here in the UK, I can only officially use 1360mhz, but at times I often use 1280mhz if it gives a better reception in that location.
You have a point there...
Einhander is offline Find More Posts by Einhander
Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM
Find More Posts by Einhander
Joined Feb 2015
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool73 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C60i...e_gdata_player
that is very cool. way to go on that one. im interested in what all you used to accomplish this
Einhander is offline Find More Posts by Einhander
Old Today, 02:35 AM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
3,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
You have a point there...
It was the advice that I was given, when I too questioned the use of 1.3ghz......not that I am advising breaking any laws..........just bending them ever-so-slightly.......
Old Today, 04:27 AM
Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
3,397 Posts
Quote:
just bending them ever-so-slightly.......
LOL!

The way I look at it...
Not so long ago in a land not so far away, a certain irresponsible fpv'er flew on 1.2ghz long range video over a known amatuer tv station, and quaintly blasted the airbourne image to the viewers as he flew overhead... needless to say the authorities were not impressed.
Blasting video from the air can carry for huge distances, in all directions.

But when on the ground much of the signal is absorbed/reflected, so much so that a vid system capable of 30+ miles airbourne is reduced to 1 mile or less on the ground. So the signal can't travel very far accross the ground, it can go up of course, but even that is restricted to some degree due to signal reflection, and our antennae are set up to project horizontally to maximize our range across the ground, so the signal going up is lessened even more again due to the fact that it is being projected inefficiently from the nulls of our antennae. So then one asks one's self- who are we *really* affecting in the air? Birds? Aliens perhaps?
FPV ground pounding is pretty safe, I reckon.
My only caveat is if you are in high density suburbia, driving around the streets blasting 2000mw of video & 2500 watts of uhf from the ground station... you will, at some point, be the annoyance of many innocent folk... but even then it would be brief...
Good Lordie, I've just confused myself!
AussieHoppy is offline Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
Old Today, 07:52 AM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
3,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHoppy View Post
LOL!

The way I look at it...
Not so long ago in a land not so far away, a certain irresponsible fpv'er flew on 1.2ghz long range video over a known amatuer tv station, and quaintly blasted the airbourne image to the viewers as he flew overhead... needless to say the authorities were not impressed.
Blasting video from the air can carry for huge distances, in all directions.

But when on the ground much of the signal is absorbed/reflected, so much so that a vid system capable of 30+ miles airbourne is reduced to 1 mile or less on the ground. So the signal can't travel very far accross the ground, it can go up of course, but even that is restricted to some degree due to signal reflection, and our antennae are set up to project horizontally to maximize our range across the ground, so the signal going up is lessened even more again due to the fact that it is being projected inefficiently from the nulls of our antennae. So then one asks one's self- who are we *really* affecting in the air? Birds? Aliens perhaps?
FPV ground pounding is pretty safe, I reckon.
My only caveat is if you are in high density suburbia, driving around the streets blasting 2000mw of video & 2500 watts of uhf from the ground station... you will, at some point, be the annoyance of many innocent folk... but even then it would be brief...
Good Lordie, I've just confused myself!
Nicely put.....
Mind you, my UHF set on 433 did lock people out of their cars.......it blocked their remote controllers.......so I had to go into the settings, via the PC, and reset the frequency to 437......tested on my wife's car and everything was ok.......but I wouldn't have known if someone hadn't asked me to shut down while he opened his car, which was 50yds away from the GS........
But I do consider where I am driving, and try to stay clear of airports etc........