New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:47 AM
Find More Posts by Captain Muscles
Joined Aug 2015
80 Posts
Discussion
Did my first night flight with the Champ.

I did not video tape it, but she flew in the moonlight. Nosed over on the first landing, but no real damage. Second landing was A-ok.

I would like to thank Horizon Hobby and the online RC community for making this moment possible. And for those who say it cannot be done, you provide the fuel that drives the true aviators to perform such feats of courage.
Captain Muscles is online now Find More Posts by Captain Muscles
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2015, 02:24 AM
Find More Posts by Blaze0021
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2015
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Muscles View Post
I did not video tape it, but she flew in the moonlight. Nosed over on the first landing, but no real damage. Second landing was A-ok.

I would like to thank Horizon Hobby and the online RC community for making this moment possible. And for those who say it cannot be done, you provide the fuel that drives the true aviators to perform such feats of courage.
Nice Flight Cap! For not having any Nav Lights and just using the full moon, that was pretty impressive. The first landing was a bit rough but you made up for it with the second attempt. Landing at night is definitely an experience.. You lose some of that depth perception and the precise location of the landing surface. But that was great first time!
Blaze0021 is online now Find More Posts by Blaze0021
Old Aug 29, 2015, 03:27 AM
Joined Aug 2015
80 Posts
Lol, thanks. I should have gone around again. Would have liked a little bit of wind. Oh well. My little yellow friend forgives me.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 03:31 AM
Find More Posts by Blaze0021
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2015
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Muscles View Post
Lol, thanks. I should have gone around again. Would have liked a little bit of wind. Oh well. My little yellow friend forgives me.
My video is up, and turned out great. Thanks again for filming!
Blaze0021 is online now Find More Posts by Blaze0021
Old Aug 29, 2015, 03:36 AM
Joined Aug 2015
80 Posts
No problems! I like how you can see the plane disappear and then it comes back.