New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 06, 2015, 04:37 PM
Find More Posts by xray328
Joined Apr 2005
212 Posts
Question
Need a battery recommendation please

Hey guys. I'm a plane guy but a buddy got an Aquaholic from Hobbyking so I wanted to pickup the Relentless. He was running the 2200 mah Nanotech 45-90c pack and that think was smoking hot. Can't be good for longevity of the pack. Can you please suggest a better option that's not gonna break the bank? Thanks!
xray328 is offline Find More Posts by xray328
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2015, 07:39 AM
Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,881 Posts
These are the best batteries that I have found for the money, I am a plane guy as well. There are several favorable reviews of them around as well.

http://www.buddyrc.com/power-system/...o-battery.html
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Jul 07, 2015, 03:07 PM
Find More Posts by 785boats
RELAX. You'll live longer
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
3,729 Posts
Sounds like your mate may have over discharged his pack. Boats can pull more amps than planes. Was there still 20% capacity left in the packs after the run?

A few of us at our club are racing with the Zippy Compact series in the 40C & 60C, 5800mah & 6200 mah size & they are holding up pretty well against Entropy, Hyperion & Thunderpower etc.
So maybe this one might work for you.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

Also see if the 2700mah pack will fit. Dimensions are in the specs.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

Bear in mind that I have only had half a dozen or so runs on mine so longevity is as yet unproven.
But I did accidentally take a pack down to 8%, & although it was hotter than I like, it was & still is, flat & solid.
785boats is online now Find More Posts by 785boats
Old Jul 08, 2015, 08:41 AM
Find More Posts by BHChieftain
Joined Apr 2010
1,086 Posts
I'm a Hyperion fan myself, I have over 16 2S 35C 5000mah lipos most of them are going into year 5 and still running strong. My buddies have cheaper packs that die after a season or two so in the long run quality packs are less expensive (my 35C packs have yet to puff, compared to other lipos with "higher" c-ratings that will puff on similar setups).

Note that different brand lipos can use different pinouts on the balance ports (even though they can be the same physical connector). For example hyperion uses the "polyquest" pinout. So be sure to get matching balance boards for whatever lipo you pick.

I get my hyperion packs from this fellow:

www.rcdude.com

Chief
BHChieftain is online now Find More Posts by BHChieftain