HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 01:33 AM
Joined Jan 2014
69 Posts
Discussion
Question for all of the PVC multirotor builders

Just a quick question because I believe after I get good at flying and want to make a new set up I might go with PVC for the frame. So, where do you guys get you pvc from for your frames? From all of the pictures I've seen, the stuff you guys use is pretty thin, to keep the weight down. The only type of PVC I ever see at my local home depot or lowes is schedule 40 or schedule 80, both too thick to use to make a lightweight frame. So where do you guys get your PVC? And same question for the PVC joints
thekid611 is online now Find More Posts by thekid611
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 01:38 AM
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jun 2012
198 Posts
From UK = B&Q and it is 1 inch circular cable trunking
Phytone is offline Find More Posts by Phytone
Old Yesterday, 01:44 AM
Joined Jan 2014
69 Posts
Sorry, forgot to mention I'm from the United States. But is b&q a local store? Or do you have it shipped to you?
Old Yesterday, 02:26 AM
Video freak
Joined Jul 2014
8 Posts
what trunking tubing is , is a orange colored pvc tubing used for electrical or data cabling maybe just go to a data cabling company and ask them.

hope that helps.

P.s PVC is actually not a bad idea...... : )
vinygee is offline Find More Posts by vinygee
Old Yesterday, 04:36 AM
Joined Jan 2014
69 Posts
Is this what most people use? or do they buy thinner pvc? Cause I can't think of a place to get that trunking tubing
Old Yesterday, 11:04 AM
United States, WA, Twisp
Joined Sep 2013
373 Posts
Go back to your local Big Box store and ask for thin wall irrigation tubing. I can get 3/4" from my local Home Depot, but they don't stock 1/2". For that, I have to go to my local Big R Home & Ranch supply. If all else fails, check the Yellow Pages for Irrigation Supplies. Later.

Dave
daved20319 is online now Find More Posts by daved20319
Old Yesterday, 11:15 AM
Joined Mar 2014
47 Posts
If you are going to go with the trunking tubing stated above, then get the grey version instead. Its lighter and no less rigid. Any electrical wholesaler will have it in stock. Fittings are limited compared to what is available in white PVC but if you are just after standard T fittings then you,ll be fine.

Having said that. In my opinion the thin wall White PVC is much better. Especially if you are building a larger frame as it is much mire rigid.
waimser is online now Find More Posts by waimser
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jun 2014
114 Posts
I considered buying from flexpvc.com. I just didn't want to pay $10 in shipping for $9 in pvc. Luckily I found a place here in town with thin wall.
stuartambient is online now Find More Posts by stuartambient
Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM
United States, CA, Norwalk
Joined Apr 2004
2,710 Posts
I bought 1/2" thin wall PVC at the local Lowe's. I'm in southern California. I don't know if all Lowe's carry it.

Dan
Dan Baldwin is online now Find More Posts by Dan Baldwin
Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM
Joined Jan 2014
69 Posts
It's been a while since I've been to Lowes, so I could check again, but last time i was there I don't remember there being thin wall pvc. I go to home depot quite often and I never see it. Would irrigation tubing be in a different spot than pvc?
Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM
Round Rock, TX
Joined Dec 2003
83 Posts
Check out some plumbing supply stores. They should carry it because plumbers are their main customers but they usually sell retail too. Any town big enough to have a Home Depot or Lowes should have at least one plumbing supply store.

Dee Smith
DeeSmith is offline Find More Posts by DeeSmith
Old Today, 01:20 PM
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Jun 2013
290 Posts
I have bought 1/2" pvc from both Home Depot and Lowes. Lowes has the thinner wall stuff, lighter that what HD carries and plenty strong. You will be amazed with what kind of abuse it can put up with.
SirRexAlot is online now Find More Posts by SirRexAlot