|Aug 08, 2012, 07:33 PM|
OpenAero2 open-source stabilisation software for KK2 boards
OpenAero2 V1.2 Beta 10 now released
- Added support for KK2.1 board.
- Logo splash supported if board is a KK2.1
- Camstab freakout bug investigated and fixed.
- Switched to hardware TWI driver.
- Fixed all invert calibrate bugs and retested every board orientation.
- Camstab offset bug also fixed.
As HobbyKing have not released the KK2.1 firmware, flashing OpenAero2 onto your KK2.1 board will mean that you cannot currently go back to the original firmware.
File OpenAero2_B10_KK20.zip is for KK2.0 boards
File OpenAero2_B10_KK21.zip is for KK2.1 boards
UPDATE: V1.2 Beta 9 with bugfixes
- Camstab mode BROKEN
- Hands-free now takes its trigger from the RC deadband setting.
- Autoupdate of CH7 source now less annoying.
- Fixed LVA setting (low battery) and display.
- Removed buggy output switcher.
- Fixed all the missing "const" that annoy some compilers.
- Tweaked throttle high threshold on power-up.
- Factory reset now enterable by pressing just the middle two buttons.
Version 1.1 Final Release
Please ensure you read the manuals in the following order.
Version 1.2 - Major updates from V1.1
- Added support for XPS Xtreme serial protocol
- Added support for Spektrum serial protocol
- Added support for Futaba S-bus serial protocol
- RC inputs display now shows all eight RC channels.
- Removed logo, added new faster startup messages.
- Added master/slave binding for Spektrum Satellite RXs at power-up
- Three configurable flight modes with PID etc.
- Added axis-specific gyro modes
- Auto-presets when changing gyro modes
- Completely reworked/simplified PID gyro input code for I-terms
- Added flap deployment speed (0 = normal, 20 = super slow)
- Added RC deadband adjustment.
- Sensors now have three states - OFF/ON/REV
- Added four phantom channels (PSU9 to PSU12) for mixing tricks
- Stick rate changed to "Lock rate" and only affects Axis lock mode.
- Fixed bug where M8 could not go to 125%. Output code now covers -135% to 135%.
- Completely changed the value editing menu code so that servos are (almost) continually updated.
Version 1.1 - Major updates from V1.0
Based on OpenAero2 Beta 4.1 code
- Stability and Autolevel switch setpoint adjustment
- Main mixers can now cross-mix up to four channels
- Launch delay mode
- Added HANDSFREE autolevel modes (autolevel at centered sticks)
- Added working differential mode
- Added IMU fixes for inverted flight. New inverted calibration mode
- New I-term modes: Normal, Auto and 3D.
- Completely changed PID loop to take sticks into account.
- Added Dynamic gain setting.
- Added "Upside down" orientation.
- 3D-mode RC input scaling now menu settable.
- New failsafe menu and items.
- Restore submenu position if going back into the same submenu.
- Changed Flying Wing mixing to on-board only.
- Add IMU mode switch (Normal/Advanced.)
- Added primary channel reversing in RC setup menu.
- Changed mixer order and added "Source mix" manual option.
- Fixed flap handling in stabilised modes.
- Linked local G measurement with IMU calculation to solve negative G and coordinated turn issues.
- Increased autolevel trim response x 4
- New servo menus added, menus edited.
- Added real-time servo updating for min/max/trim adjustment.
- Added unused RAM usage meter in status screen.
- Added basic aileron differential setting to RC menu
- Level meter responds properly in all orientations
- Added stick calibration screen for people who won't read manuals
- Added second aileron reversing independent of main aileron and added success confirmation.
- Battery alarm can be reset by cellcount = 0
- Added "Sideways" orientation.
- Dropped default min cell voltage to 3.3V
- Adjustable launch delay added. Launch resettable if throttle cut within the launch delay.
- Updated PWM output driver to have XPS-style staggered outputs
- Allow real-time servo position setting of failsafe positions.
- Integrated ninja-level PWM code generation concept suggested by Jim Drew of Xtreme Power Systems
- Increased inter-PWM spacing to 128us and recalibrated all PWM routines.
- Fixed lack of throw in Flying Wing mode.
V1.1 - Servo trim and limit real-time adjustment broken. See V1.1.1 for fix.
V1.1.1 - OUT 7 and 8 (M7 and M8) may not be able to honour 125% servo travel and may suddenly reverse is asked to do so.
Fixed in V1.2 betas
OpenAero2 is an open source aeroplane stabilising software for the KK2 board.
It has every function and setting you could think of to use the hardware of the KK2.0 board available from HobbyKing and designed by Rolf Bakke.
OpenAero2 provides stability and autolevel functions and contains an extremely flexible mixer that can allow the board to stabilise and control literally *anything*.
Enterprising users have set up CCPM controllers for flybarless helis. Others have successfully set up VTOL Osprey-type aircraft.
A fully heading-locked 3D mode allows greater control of 3D flight.
Spektrum Satellite setup
Futaba S.bus setup
The status screen gives you a continually updated display of the battery status, flight modes and any error messages.
New stick polarity setup screen:
For those interested in the code, you can see it at the following repo.
Maguro's test flight
Camera stability test
Spektrum satellite binding
Futaba S.Bus demo
Attached below and also at the file repo here.
OpenAero2 is a open-source project and is free, however it is also the result of many hundreds of hours of hard work.
If you feel motivated to donate to the project please feel free. I'm always happy to make special versions for people.
|Aug 09, 2012, 01:11 AM|
Woot. Just tested Beta 1 on both CPPM and PWM modes - both with full flaperon control working fine.
The Beta 1 .hex file is located inside the first post.
Now to sleep....
|Aug 09, 2012, 01:41 AM|
Hi Chris, I cannot start your tool on winxp sp3.....Downloaded zip from your site, unzipped and clicked on kkMulticopterFlashTool.cmd and nothing.....just a short CMD window opening and then nothing.....How can I start the flash tool?
|Aug 09, 2012, 01:49 AM|
KK2.0 firmware V1.1 is in the repository, so no problem to go back.
|Aug 09, 2012, 02:07 AM|
At the cmd prompt I get ,,javaw is not recongnised as a internal or external command..."
What is this, please?
|Aug 09, 2012, 02:35 AM|
I think Rolf had to strip a lot out to get these changes in.
|Aug 09, 2012, 02:37 AM|
Did you try googling that error message?
|Aug 09, 2012, 02:39 AM|
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||OpenAero open-source stabilisation software for KK boards||HappySundays||FPV Talk||1878||Jul 21, 2014 09:09 AM|
|Discussion||CL-OSD a open source osd software for E-OSD and G-OSD||callelj||FPV Equipment||4015||Jul 15, 2014 06:19 PM|
|Discussion||NeXtcopterPlus open-source release for KK and KK+ boards||HappySundays||Multirotor Electronics||812||Jan 09, 2013 03:10 PM|
|Poll||New tightly integrated, fast Open Source IMU/Autopilot board for student competitions||pixhawk||School Projects and Competitions||0||Aug 04, 2010 04:48 AM|
|Discussion||Open-source foam cutting software for XP||moreil||The Builders Workshop||125||Sep 04, 2008 03:06 PM|