Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 04, 2012, 07:10 AM
United States, OH, Strongsville
Joined Nov 2000
2,696 Posts
Help!
Instructions for parkzone transmitter

I am having a google failure.
I have been searching for instructions on the setup for my Parkzone Etomic Spektrum transmitter.
All I can find are instructions for the planes it came with, and how to bind it.
I tried to bind it last night and did so improperly, pushing the right stick in rather then the left on powerup.
Now the transmitter is in some odd mode that appears to have things mixed together.
Anyone have a link to instructions?
Or know how to reset it?

I am trying to use it on my mQX.
Vince Herman is online now Find More Posts by Vince Herman
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2012, 08:18 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Herman View Post
I am having a google failure.
I have been searching for instructions on the setup for my Parkzone Etomic Spektrum transmitter.
All I can find are instructions for the planes it came with, and how to bind it.
I tried to bind it last night and did so improperly, pushing the right stick in rather then the left on powerup.
Now the transmitter is in some odd mode that appears to have things mixed together.
Anyone have a link to instructions?
Or know how to reset it?

I am trying to use it on my mQX.
Does your TX have a mode 1/2 switch (it may be behind a plug)? make sure it on Mode 2.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:20 PM
Joined Nov 2000
2,696 Posts
There is a switch down in a hole by the power switch. Deep enough that it will take a screwdriver to switch. I could not have accidentally switched it. And the throttle is still on the left stick, so I believe that the transmitter is still in mode 2 as I expect.

Do these game controller-stype transmitters have programming modes like v-tail and elevon? As I said, I used the wrong procedure in my attempt to bind. I pressed in the right stick during power up, rather than the left stick.

Now the mQX tries to flip over when I throttle up. When I rebind to my full sized transmitter, it flies just fine.

Either these transmitters do have different flight modes and mine is in a mode I do not expect, or I have a broken transmitter.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 05:51 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
There is a switch down in a hole by the power switch. Deep enough that it will take a screwdriver to switch. I could not have accidentally switched it. And the throttle is still on the left stick, so I believe that the transmitter is still in mode 2 as I expect.

Do these game controller-stype transmitters have programming modes like v-tail and elevon? As I said, I used the wrong procedure in my attempt to bind. I pressed in the right stick during power up, rather than the left stick.

Now the mQX tries to flip over when I throttle up. When I rebind to my full sized transmitter, it flies just fine.

Either these transmitters do have different flight modes and mine is in a mode I do not expect, or I have a broken transmitter.
They only have elevons if an Arcox mixer is wired into it... did you buy it used?
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Apr 05, 2012, 09:31 PM
Joined Nov 2000
2,696 Posts
Well, I hooked up a spare receiver and 4 servos so that I could test the operation of the transmitter. It moves the 4 servos as expected. I tested it in hi rates and low rates.
Excited, I went back to my mQX, bound it and attempted to fly.
No dice. When I spool up, it wants to flip over.
I bind to my DX7 and it flies as smooth as can be.
Rebind to the etomic and it tries to flip over.
I am not sure what the issue is.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 09:35 PM
Joined Nov 2000
2,696 Posts
Oh, the etomic is used. My dad has been using it to fly his Vapor for a long time. He got a DX7 and so he gave this to me. I have had 6 or 7 of these, from the various UMX planes I have purchased. I sold or gave away all of them.
I was hoping to make this one work with the mQX because it will fit in the mQX box and make the whole thing more portable that with the DX7.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 12:26 AM
Bay Area
Joined Feb 2004
1,962 Posts
Quote:
This is 2 years coming. I had the same problem with my MQX quad copter. I fixed mine with the trim buttons. Find out which way it flips and add opposite aileron trim. You will also have to trim elevator and rudder. FYI it is best to do this in low rates as high rates are much too sensitive for the MQX.

Good luck,
hope this helps someone.
RCDad is offline Find More Posts by RCDad
Old Jun 24, 2014, 09:47 PM
RIP Sheba :(
Brentwood, CA
Joined Nov 2002
1,123 Posts
Try this:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915673
Robster is online now Find More Posts by Robster
Old Jun 25, 2014, 12:26 AM
Bay Area
Joined Feb 2004
1,962 Posts
Good link Robster. I think I'll recalabrate mine!
RCDad is offline Find More Posts by RCDad